ADVERTISEMENT

Do You Think the Big 10 Deserves All These Bids?

it really pissing you off because the talk is about the BT and not the ACC.

to you only the ACC should get all the press and 11-12 teams into the NCAAT.

LOL you don't know me at all if that's what you think. I think the B1G should get the most teams in. I also am pretty confident that one of them won't be the last team standing.

nope. 2004 would also be included. As would 1914 and 1958. So yes that would be 8 if we claimed them like Iowa has
Iowa claims just the one which is the most recognized NT the Grantland Rice Championship of the National Sports Writers association a seperate group not associated with the AP writers.

Last edited:
How many schools even field programs for men’s humping?
many of the BT Schools do most of the B12 schools do there are curently 98 total D1 schools that have wrestling.

not to mention the Olympics is big on the Wresting Scene which Dan Gable won the Gold medal.

their women's BB team just made the FF and had the WPOY and Naishith POY in the 18-19 season
their track and field team in both Men and Women are competing for the BT Championship in both the Men and Women.

right now the women BB is in 1st place in the BT. after winning it last year,
the Men's team is 1.5 games out of 1st place led by mid season 1st Team AA and is in a two man race for the NPOY award. who by the way is just a JR who has stated that he will return for his SR year,

oh by the way Iowa has lost 2 starters this year. in SR Jordan Bohannon and 7'0 RSSO Nunge. to me he is the piece that would make this team a dangerous team in the stretch run.

many of the BT Schools do most of the B12 schools do there are curently 98 total D1 schools that have wrestling.

not to mention the Olympics is big on the Wresting Scene which Dan Gable won the Gold medal.

their women's BB team just made the FF and had the WPOY and Naishith POY in the 18-19 season
their track and field team in both Men and Women are competing for the BT Championship in both the Men and Women.

right now the women BB is in 1st place in the BT. after winning it last year,
the Men's team is 1.5 games out of 1st place led by mid season 1st Team AA and is in a two man race for the NPOY award. who by the way is just a JR who has stated that he will return for his SR year,

oh by the way Iowa has lost 2 starters this year. in SR Jordan Bohannon and 7'0 RSSO Nunge. to me he is the piece that would make this team a dangerous team in the stretch run.

Geez. Does the entire state of Iowa suck off dan gable? I didn’t even know who this dude was until today and now two different Iowa fans have brought his name up.

We claim the 1921 title as well.
since when as when I look they don't recognize the UNDEFEATED team in the 2022 season also under Jones they had a 20 game winning streak and back to back undefeated BT Championships in both seasons they were named the National Champion by the Writer Association long before the AP poll and Coaches were even a thought.

the AP started in 1936 and the Coaches POLL started in 1950.

ken pom is too name oriented in his rankings. OSU was the darlings last year and they are staying where they based on that.

MSU stays where they are because of how they finish the season not bcause of what they do during the season, right or wrong that's just how it works with Ken pom,

his adjD is a complete joke Iowa beat these
MD 67 - 49 AND they never moved, then vs Purdue they drop from #81 to #117,. now they sit at 111 after beating Nebraska 96-72, in a game where the starter were pulled with 7 minutes and 48 second to go when they were up 80-48, Nebraska starters outscored Iowa's walk on's 24-16 and yet they don't get credit for that,

Fran could have named the score and called off the dogs at the 7 minute 48 second mark.

that was a game where Iowa could have scored 120+ points and held them to less than 60 with ease.

Name oriented? You realize Dayton is 6th? You are ridiculously off base.

giphy.gif

They’re not going to win anything so doesn’t bother me. They have a lot of good teams, but no elite ones this year.

It’s always a league of good but never elite, teams. Thus, I believe the longest drought of all P6 leagues of natties in basketball.

Michigan came close a couple times lately but Sparty has gotten bounced pretty hard or early the last couple times. Ohio State I thought had a shot but they’ve fallen off.

They’re not going to win anything so doesn’t bother me. They have a lot of good teams, but no elite ones this year.

It’s always a league of good but never elite, teams. Thus, I believe the longest drought of all P6 leagues of natties in basketball.

Michigan came close a couple times lately but Sparty has gotten bounced pretty hard or early the last couple times. Ohio State I thought had a shot but they’ve fallen off.

the pac12 has the longest drought

Dude Kansas is going choke in the tournament like always. You are setting yourself up for failure If you think otherwise

Defense and high percentage shots will protect them from an early round upset.

Paper tiger Auburn? Haha. They’ll be an easy 5/12 upset special.

Defense and high percentage shots will protect them from an early round upset.

Paper tiger Auburn? Haha. They’ll be an easy 5/12 upset special.

More like a 4 over 1 sweet 16 special for auburn. Hope Kansas at least shows up this time

MD looks like a 2 seed at best and a 3 seed at worst
Illinois is a 3/4 at best and 5 seed at worst.
Iowa is a borderline 4 seed but a solid 5 seed
Michigan just got Livers back and can work their way up to a 6 seed.
Rutgers and PSU will be solid teams in the NCAAT. the rest will depend on how they finish the season.

any one of the top 6 are looking good at a deep run in the NCAAT. getting on a roll right seeding vs certain opponents, you never know how the games will go.

a foul here a T/O here and the game can flip in a instant

Essentially, the key is winning your OOC games. The B1G did that and they are reaping the rewards. Now they have all these top 50 NET teams so almost every game is a Quad 1 or Quad 2 game. Thus, you can stack up losses in the conference and still have a strong tournament resume.

Can't fault them for winning their OOC games and then the system rewarding them for that. However, there may be a slight issue with the system if the 10 OOC games you play set the anchor for your NET.

Yeah, it's unfortunate that the games that carry the most weight are played at the beginning of the season. And conference schedules used to be 16 games. Now we're seeing 18-20 games in league play. Duke only played 5 OOC teams in the top 100 of the NET. UVA played 4. Determining the strength of a conference is essentially reduced to 4-5 OOC games per team. Seems like an unusually low sample size.

Big Ten did extraordinarily well in the OOC season. So, can't fault them for having 10+ teams in there. I'm just generally against below .500 teams in league play getting at-large bids. I might be okay with an exception or two if they played well-above average in the OOC season. Ohio State would certainly be one of those schools. It becomes a little dicier with schools like Indiana and Minnesota, should they be below .500 in the B1G.

More like a 4 over 1 sweet 16 special for auburn. Hope Kansas at least shows up this time

It's far more likely that you get 30-balled by a lower seed again like the year before.

Born chokers. Even in the ONE year you made a deep run....you still choked hard when it counted. Ouch.

It's far more likely that you get 30-balled by a lower seed again like the year before.

Born chokers. Even in the ONE year you made a deep run....you still choked hard when it counted. Ouch.

Mae didn’t choke at all. We had a game stolen from us. Kansas has choking in the tournament on lock down.

vcu
Northern Iowa
Bucknell

who joins the list this year?

Mae didn’t choke at all. We had a game stolen from us. Kansas has choking in the tournament on lock down.

vcu
Northern Iowa
Bucknell

who joins the list this year?

Nah, you choked hard. We all saw it. And laughed heartily as your one shining moment went up in smoke.

You're batting 1.000 in the choke dept, with no success to balance it out.

3 titles, 6 runner-ups, 15 final fours, 24 elite 8s.

Your turn.

Auburn had two 20-point drubbings. They're 11-0 in single-digit games, including 4 overtime wins, two buzzer beaters, and taking down Vanderbilt in the final minute. Yes, there's a reason why they show up as the #1 team in the luck category under the KenPom algorithm.

Based on merit, Auburn is a 3 or 4 seed. If we're going off of efficiency numbers, they're more like a 7 or 8 seed.

ADVERTISEMENT