ADVERTISEMENT

Do You Think the Big 10 Deserves All These Bids?

I am not sure I would be bragging about taking 2 schools from a dying football conference that no one else wanted. It’s also only 1 team that won a title. The other was vacated

As an Auburn fan, you might want to consider counting vacated titles just in case you ever win a natty.

And two programs who won championships this century decided to join our conference.

And it’s a consensus that SEC is best in football like ACC is best in basketball
no its not a consesus that the SEC is better in FB or that the ACC is better than the BT in BB as I believe the BT beat the ACC in the challenge this year.

no its not a consesus that the SEC is better in FB or that the ACC is better than the BT in BB as I believe the BT beat the ACC in the challenge this year.

how is it not a consensus the sec is not routinely the best in football? Any other conference won 7 straight national titles? Any other conference have 5 teams with Natty’s since the bcs was started?

If you want to look at things on a year to year basis, sure. If you want to look at trends over an extended period of time, it’s not even close.

W/O looking it up these are the BT team that have made the FF
Wisconsin twice
Michigan Twice
MSU

last season the BT almost had 2 teams in the FF in Purdue and MSU. the BT is stacked this year. just liked it was last season. and in years past.

W/O looking it up these are the BT team that have made the FF
Wisconsin twice
Michigan Twice
MSU

last season the BT almost had 2 teams in the FF in Purdue and MSU. the BT is stacked this year. just liked it was last season. and in years past.

I mean if we are talking about just making it to a final 4. Auburn, LSU, and South Carolina have all made it to a final 4 in the last 15 years.

I mean if we are talking about just making it to a final 4. Auburn, LSU, and South Carolina have all made it to a final 4 in the last 15 years.

What’s the point of making a Final Four if you’re not gonna win it all? Tony Bennett is a perfect 1 for 1.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Because Iowa went to the Rose Bowl like 5 years ago.
no because its because of the BT sending teams to the FF in BB and the CFB Playoffs

as for Iowa the last 3 years their bowl wins were
Iowa vs ACC Team BC
Iowa win over #18 SEC team SEC #18 MSU
Iowa piss pounding Pac 12 #18 USC

so its not like Iowa has beat bottom feeding conference teams.

so do you own the NCAA or not?

we own the NCAA in regards to them coming after our school for infractions or anything like that. Our head of compliance used to work for the NCAA and lightwood/ Franklin is the GOAT law firm for NCAA matters.

Nike owns the NCAA in regards to its precious tournament though. There is a reason only Louisville has had to vacate a title in basketball.

Reactions: jhmossy
Ok but weren’t you like a 4 or 5 seed in the tourney? I wouldn’t say that Michigan team choked. Probably over achieved honestly

Underachieved in conference play which led to the "low" seed. Michigan was undefeated in non conference play.

Talent wise Michigan was as loaded as anybody that year and them making the final wasn't shocking.

Reactions: jhmossy
TBH, I dunno. I do feel though teams would have their hands full playing the likes of a Maryland, MSU, Illinois, Iowa....Michigan with Livers is really good. Indiana has wins over FSU(by 16) and MSU. OSU was ranked as high as #2. Talented club as well. Penn State and Rutgers are good teams. Purdue, when hitting 3's, is tough. Teams that IMO could win 2-3 games in the NCAAT.

Point being---I think they are 4 or 5 teams in the Big 10 that could win 2 or 3 games in the NCAAT. On the flip side, they could also all lose in the 2nd round.

No great teams. But IMO, a lot of good teams.

I'm still on record saying a B1G team doesn't win the natty. Best conference but too many choke artists in that league.
It's not that they have choke artists.

The Big Ten this year can be compared to a championship-winning cross country team. They may not have the best runner, but they are bunched up the best among any other group, with more top 10 and top 25 caliber runners (teams) compared to anyone else.

EDIT: IU also with a big win vs MSU, they are probably closer to safe than not I guess?
Kentucky has a big win against MSU but how is that a big win? How is MSU a projected 4 seed?

I always think that the B1G is over seeded, but this year it really appears to be the case.

Also the SEC is down and I think top to bottom the ACC is down.

Also I think that the Big 12 is overrated.

Bottom line is I may just be a grumpy old man. Eyeroll

TBH, I dunno. I do feel though teams would have their hands full playing the likes of a Maryland, MSU, Illinois, Iowa....Michigan with Livers is really good. Indiana has wins over FSU(by 16) and MSU. OSU was ranked as high as #2. Talented club as well. Penn State and Rutgers are good teams. Purdue, when hitting 3's, is tough. Teams that IMO could win 2-3 games in the NCAAT.

Point being---I think they are 4 or 5 teams in the Big 10 that could win 2 or 3 games in the NCAAT. On the flip side, they could also all lose in the 2nd round.

No great teams. But IMO, a lot of good teams.

^^ This.

Kentucky has a big win against MSU but how is that a big win? How is MSU a projected 4 seed?

I always think that the B1G is over seeded, but this year it really appears to be the case.

Also the SEC is down and I think top to bottom the ACC is down.

Also I think that the Big 12 is overrated.

Bottom line is I may just be a grumpy old man. Eyeroll
I would love to hear your case on the B1G somehow being over seeded this year in February. Especially when we had two teams revealed in the top 16, a 3 and a 4 seed.

Ken Pomeroy certainly loves himself some big 10. Osu takes its 8th loss today. Moves from 11 to 12. Meanwhile auburn with 3 straight quad 1 wins has moved down 4 spots to 33.

Or, now hear me out, it’s because Auburn continues to escape by the skin of their teeth in games. You’re the luckiest team in the country. I was you a couple years ago. The Melo Trimble teams were always up there in terms of luck.

The Makeup of our team is to grind out wins. We are limited offensively but rebound really well and play great defense. We literally play much better in the second half every game due to our style of wearing teams down. It’s not luck as much as it’s just our style of play.

Ken Pomeroy certainly loves himself some big 10. Osu takes its 8th loss today. Moves from 11 to 12. Meanwhile auburn with 3 straight quad 1 wins has moved down 4 spots to 33.

Just an FYI, the quad 1/NET has nothing to do with KenPom.

The Makeup of our team is to grind out wins. We are limited offensively but rebound really well and play great defense. We literally play much better in the second half every game due to our style of wearing teams down. It’s not luck as much as it’s just our style of play.
I mean if that’s what you have to tell yourself. Your OOC schedule wasn’t great, your toughest game for that was NC State and that was at home.

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
I mean if that’s what you have to tell yourself. Your OOC schedule wasn’t great, your toughest game for that was NC State and that was at home.

We were suppose to play Wisconsin. One of the big 10 teams getting propped up by kenpom but they lost to Richmond. We then blew out Richmond. I would take auburn right now over every single team in the big 10 on a neutral floor.

Just an FYI, the quad 1/NET has nothing to do with KenPom.

I know. But both formulas are extremely skewed due to What conference looks the best in November. Once you get into conference play you are locked into wherrr your conference ranks

We were suppose to play Wisconsin. One of the big 10 teams getting propped up by kenpom but they lost to Richmond. We then blew out Richmond. I would take auburn right now over every single team in the big 10 on a neutral floor.
How are they getting propped up at 33? The only team you can say that is getting “propped up” by the metrics is Purdue. They are way higher than what their record indicates and it’s because of their schedule and they have looked really, really good in games.

What are you talking about limited?

I watched your game against LSU.

Your NCAA tournament run is literally going to be jack up 50 3s a f***ing game, and if you make 20 to go with about 5 2s and 10 FTs you got yourself a nice whopping 80 pts there..............

I mean that's how you got as far as you did last year. NBA style hero ball jack up 3s from as deep as you can, and then drive and take advantage when teams have to stretch their defense.

How are they getting propped up at 33? The only team you can say that is getting “propped up” by the metrics is Purdue. They are way higher than what their record indicates and it’s because of their schedule and they have looked really, really good in games.

Wisconsin is ranked right where is in those rankings. Minnesota has 10 losses and they are ahead of us. MSU is severely overrated. As is OSU by these rankings

Your NCAA tournament run is literally going to be jack up 50 3s a f***ing game, and if you make 20 to go with about 5 2s and 10 FTs you got yourself a nice whopping 80 pts there..............

I mean that's how you got as far as you did last year. NBA style hero ball jack up 3s from as deep as you can, and then drive and take advantage when teams have to stretch their defense.

I am gathering yesterday was your first time watching auburn this season? Our team this year has been much different this year than last year

Don't worry though, Auburn fans. Your team is not the only one that will live and die by that style come tournament time.........

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT