ADVERTISEMENT

Did UNC Basketball Get away with a Loophole?

Did they?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
*Two (if you insist on being super annoying)
Oh gosh, you got me. Would you update the pics thread with a pic? I've seen you on Twitter, but just wonder if you have the nuts to post a picture and confirm how lame we all think you are. I'll post it for you if that's easier.

Oh gosh, you got me. Would you update the pics thread with a pic? I've seen you on Twitter, but just wonder if you have the nuts to post a picture and confirm how lame we all think you are. I'll post it for you if that's easier.
This...isn’t a great look

What does posting a pic has to do with anything? Do you have the nuts to post under your old handle?

Reactions: dirtyrock15

Ummm, that's kind of weird.

I'm good. Sipping bourbon watching you fools try to change the minds of hundreds.

I am pretty sure I have never brought this topic up, which is something I would do if I wanted to change someone's mind. I don't think anyone is trying to change anyone's mind. It is futile and even the simple understand that. I just think you guys are still bitter and trying to reconcile it in some way. It is therapeutic or something.

I have no issues with that. Just leave me alone and I won't come after you. Jarms eventually realized this and stopped trying to actually respond to what I said but just basically talked to himself and acted like he was responding to some point I didn't actually make. Maybe you should learn from him. He was a little unhinged but at least was smart enough to do that.

It was always more entertainment for me. Tbh, I hope you guys look at it that way. If I ever thought something I said was actually upsetting to anyone it would be too far.

Sorry to get serious in that last post. I just don't want a situation like that to happen again. A few weeks ago I was in Nashville and saw a homeless dude with a UK hoodie. He was mumbling stuff about sanctions and loopholes and hissing at anyone wearing a light blue shirt. Pretty sure it was him.

Also saw some big athletic dude in UK garb yell 'wake up' at him and kick him. It was all pretty weird.

No need to apologize. I don't really take any of you serious. Especially with all the fabricated stories.

I mean, I wasn't really apologizing. Just kind of was weirded out when you said you were stalking me on Twitter.

I mean, I wasn't really apologizing. Just kind of was weirded out when you said you were stalking me on Twitter.
Actually, that wasn't said. It's all good though. Keep defending and trying to convince everybody that only UNC fans know what happened. I get a chuckle every time I read your condescending comments toward others. Did you even go to UNC? Just curious why you're so invested in everyone's opinion of UNC.

Reactions: sgrooms
Actually, that wasn't said. It's all good though. Keep defending and trying to convince everybody that only UNC fans know what happened. I get a chuckle every time I read your condescending comments toward others. Did you even go to UNC? Just curious why you're so invested in everyone's opinion of UNC.

No. I have a few degrees from other schools. I'm not at all concerned about the opinions people have regarding UNC tbh. I just find it entertaining. I just don't understand why people care so much.

Plus, I feel like I understood the issues a little better than most because of my background (and I was right) and it is a little frustrating to spell out why the NCAA did not have the right to do anything and yet still have people not understand what I have told them all along. Listen and learn instead of talking so much.

No. I have a few degrees from other schools. I'm not at all concerned about the opinions people have regarding UNC tbh. I just find it entertaining. I just don't understand why people care so much.

Plus, I feel like I understood the issues a little better than most because of my background (and I was right) and it is a little frustrating to spell out why the NCAA did not have the right to do anything and yet still have people not understand what I have told them all along. Listen and learn instead of talking so much.
You're so intellectually superior.

Reactions: sgrooms
Don't understand what you guys get out of continuing to hash this out. The poll speaks the truth. 92% of this board believe UNC got off with a loophole, 8% don't. No amount of hashing and re-hashing is going to change anything. I suspect that poll is close to what the majority of the country feel as well.

Carry on!

Don't understand what you guys get out of continuing to hash this out. The poll speaks the truth. 92% of this board believe UNC got off with a loophole, 8% don't. No amount of hashing and re-hashing is going to change anything. I suspect that poll is close to what the majority of the country feel as well.

Carry on!

UNC fans don’t care what this board or the country thinks and that burns you fools up. If this was Duke, UK or anyone else you would have the same results. It’s our DGAF attitude you guys can’t handle.

Actually, the majority of the country wouldn’t know enough to opine either way. Even many collage basketball fans don’t really know much about this (or care).

We all get the fact that the NCAA was handcuffed, if they sanctioned UNC for the fake classes, they would not be following the letter of the law that they created. We allllll get that.

This is why this thread was created. It's about the loophole that UNC used to get away with it.

UNC admins read the rule, they understood it and they designed a program that followed those rules.

But that program contained a sham class designed to keep athletes eligible.

Rashaad McCants couldn't pass a single college course beyond basket weaving (that might be questionable too), yet he ended up on the Dean's list. How did he do that?

Instructors wrote papers for some of the athletes and some grades were changed for the sole purpose of keeping athletes eligible, even though the athletes never did any work.

True or false?

It is taking what happened and trying to make your opinion on those things into fact. We’ve done that here before. You missed it. Maybe go back and read some old threads. You don’t get to control the narrative when you are on the losing side though. Sorry. I won’t entertain a juvenile discussion like that.

We all get the fact that the NCAA was handcuffed, if they sanctioned UNC for the fake classes, they would not be following the letter of the law that they created. We allllll get that.

This is why this thread was created. It's about the loophole that UNC used to get away with it.

UNC admins read the rule, they understood it and they designed a program that followed those rules.

Rashaad McCants couldn't pass a single college course beyond basket weaving (that might be questionable too), yet he ended up on the Dean's list. How did he do that?

Instructors wrote papers for some of the athletes and some grades were changed for the sole purpose of keeping athletes eligible, even though the athletes never did any work.

True or false?

Did UNC get hit with any sanctions?

True or false?
False

We're not talking about your make believe wife this time buddy. Move along.
You asked a question & I answered it.
You have no proof that McCants was stupid & couldn’t pass a single class.
For a fan of a program that kept Eric Bledsoe eligible for one year, you sure make stupid ass accusations.
Now, since you have else to say, bring up my wife. Soooooo predictable.

ADVERTISEMENT