ADVERTISEMENT

Did UNC Basketball Get away with a Loophole?

Did they?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Haven’t read the whole thread but I want to know one thing, has he posted anywhere since this all happened or has he been in hiding ever since?

Haven’t read the whole thread but I want to know one thing, has he posted anywhere since this all happened or has he been in hiding ever since?

Yeah, I doubt he comes back. I mean, it isn't as big a deal to me because he was too anti-UK for me. I dislike anyone being more anti something than pro something. Plus, I just assume all of you are being dishonest on here. I'm really the only one I trust outside of Matt.

Not really that close. Maybe if you dropped the hyperbole it would be in the ballpark. They also didn't mention UNC but you knew that. However, basing a case on what the NCAA, or anyone involved with the NCAA, wants to put out there for public consumption and optics is an odd thing. Regardless, my point on this is going to be the same. You guys had your chance for years and you took it. It is sort of a 'loser' look to not be able to accept the proper outcome. It isn't the refs fault.
Better check your facts Rice specifically mentioned Unc as an example of egregious cheating and recommend that the NCAA clarify their rules so that this type of behavior could not happen again.David Robinson who was also on the committee after having reviewed the case said it was the most disappointing thing he had ever seen in sports.These people had more access to the pertinent information than any random person and think Unc skated

Better check your facts Rice specifically mentioned Unc as an example of egregious cheating and recommend that the NCAA clarify their rules so that this type of behavior could not happen again.David Robinson who was also on the committee after having reviewed the case said it was the most disappointing thing he had ever seen in sports.These people had more access to the pertinent information than any random person and think Unc skated

I did check my facts. These people were mouthpieces for the NCAA. You know, the same group that tried their hardest for years to punish UNC but couldn't so drug it out instead.

I did check my facts. These people were mouthpieces for the NCAA. You know, the same group that tried their hardest for years to punish UNC but couldn't so drug it out instead.
Listen I understand that you are a fan of a program that even before this scandal was one of the dirtiest program in NCAA history ie point shaving in the sixties,multiple assault and batteries by your players in multiple sports just to mention a few incidents.Your own school originally said the classes were fraudulent until the Rams club put pressure on your administration to change the narrative.So console yourself by claiming that respected people such as David Robinson Condi rice would be willing to ruin their hard earned reputation to become a mouthpiece for the NCAA

Listen I understand that you are a fan of a program that even before this scandal was one of the dirtiest program in NCAA history ie point shaving in the sixties,multiple assault and batteries by your players in multiple sports just to mention a few incidents.Your own school originally said the classes were fraudulent until the Rams club put pressure on your administration to change the narrative.So console yourself by claiming that respected people such as David Robinson Condi rice would be willing to ruin their hard earned reputation to become a mouthpiece for the NCAA

See, here is where the real you comes out. A dude just blinded by his ever-loving hatred of something. It is quite interesting that we accept the NCAA as this highly corrupt organization until they do something that makes us see red.

You need to roll your ass back to your home board. The majority of your posts are about UNC which tells me something about you.

Reactions: dirtyrock15
Yeah, he used to not be this way. Something made him bitter at some point over the last few years.

67461684.jpg

Please tell me where anything I posted is not true

You are sort of out of touch with reality if you don't understand that opinions are not facts. For instance, I would never say that all the things I said were facts because they were not. I'm not an idiot. I realize that they are my opinions based on facts, which is the case with most of what you said. Is this confusing for you?

LOL, if the NCAA was trying hard to punish UNC, it would have happened.

The NCAA lives by their own code, they don't have to answer to anyone.

So many of their rulings have been beyond ridiculous, but you think they tried as hard as they could to punish UNC, but couldn't figure out how?

Come on Cory. Look at all the facts of the case.
They actually went out of their way to rule it an academic issue, probably because they were afraid of UNC's legal team.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Please tell me where anything I posted is not true

You care what David Robinson and Condi Rice has to say huh? I bet you follow Dan Kane and a frequent visitor on Pack Pride too? They stated their opinions and it looks like you can't tell the difference. I can throw a fact your way and it's only 2 words, you wanna hear them?

Last edited:
Reactions: dirtyrock15

So many of their rulings have been beyond ridiculous, but you think they tried as hard as they could to punish UNC, but couldn't figure out how?

They actually went out of their way to rule it an academic issue, probably because they were afraid of UNC's legal team.

They tried. I think if you know so little about it perhaps just keep talking about this unc guy who lied. That is more in your wheelhouse. I can give you a good reason why they looked at it as more of an academic issue. Here is a hint. Don't overthink it.

They were afraid because the NCAA was about to violate their own rules. UNC dared them and the NCAA blinked.

They tried. I think if you know so little about it perhaps just keep talking about this unc guy who lied. That is more in your wheelhouse. I can give you a good reason why they looked at it as more of an academic issue. Here is a hint. Don't overthink it.
Enlighten me. The NCAA has never had an issue breaking their own rules in the past. Now all the sudden they have a conscience? Yeah right.

Enlighten me. The NCAA has never had an issue breaking their own rules in the past. Now all the sudden they have a conscience? Yeah right.

You said it in one of your posts that the NCAA was scared of UNC's legal team. Had they tried to smack us the NCAA would of got drugged in court and they knew this.

I mean, Sankey went to unprecedented steps to try and hammer them. They would have had to go against their own rules to do so though so, like AW says, they did a bunch of sabre-rattling and dragging crap out, which basically served as a de facto punishment for what should have been over a long time ago.

ADVERTISEMENT