ADVERTISEMENT

Come one, come all, get your Champions Classic predictions here.

A lot of the games haven’t lived up to the hype. I will watch a rerun of little house on the prairie instead. If I see the scores and Kentucky loses I will watch a tape replay of the game. 😉
I use to do that with Louisville, but this year, I just don't have that much time. I'ld really have to be in the mood to binge watch hours and hours of losing basketball. :cool:

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
That’s not necessarily a bad thing. He plays out of control.
He gets in a hurry to get seemingly nowhere fast and dribbles into trouble for no reason at times. But, he's also a very pesky perimeter defender and the 2-time reigning SEC assist leader (top 5 in the nation both years) as well as an All-SEC performer the past 2 years. He can do some things other players can't. It's definitely a big loss when he's not available.

Yeah fair enough. I guess Villanova or maybe UCLA/Arizona
UCLA already plays in the CBS Sports Classic with UK, UNC, and Ohio State. UK plays in both events, but they are the only team that does. I wouldn't mind seeing Arizona in it though.

He gets in a hurry to get seemingly nowhere fast and dribbles into trouble for no reason at times. But, he's also a very pesky perimeter defender and the 2-time reigning SEC assist leader (top 5 in the nation both years) as well as an All-SEC performer the past 2 years. He can do some things other players can't. It's definitely a big loss when he's not available.
Bob Cousy runner up also. Cal is wanting him to play fast. O said it was up to Wheeler to fill that role in the presser for tomorrow's game. So its not Wheeler's idea lol.

UK & KU

I do think the interior size and talent of Duke vs. the wing play of Kansas will make for some interesting style battles. Even against inferior opponents KU's half court offense has been rather stagnant but they have ran well. Duke has been putting up stifling defensive numbers but against poor opponents.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
MSU's athletic director created this event. It seems every year people wine about the name or that MSU is in it. If you want your team to play in such an event, call your athletic director and tell him to create one.
MSU has always been a tough opponent. I’ve never gone into a game completely confident of a victory. Lots of respect for Izzo & co.

Reactions: Achilles' Son
I wonder if Izzo has ever got over that beating Cal gave him while at Memphis?

They say they're friends.

MSU's athletic director created this event. It seems every year people wine about the name or that MSU is in it. If you want your team to play in such an event, call your athletic director and tell him to create one.
Can’t really blame them. Were any of your players alive the last time Sparty won the title? It’s possible that Michigan State may not get a title from when the NBA enacted a one and done rule to when they scrapped it.

All that said, I am an Izzo fan and hope he gets another. I just think it’s easy to see why they seem out of place in this event.

Last edited:
Untitled.png

Kansas loses probably 8-10 points with Self not on the sideline. He’s the best coach in the country at drawing up plays out of a timeout for easy buckets. That alone probably gives Duke the edge. Also being down 2 big men potentially could really hurt.

The UK MSU game really comes down to health as well. If Oscar is good to go they win. If not, MSU wins.

Kansas loses probably 8-10 points with Self not on the sideline. He’s the best coach in the country at drawing up plays out of a timeout for easy buckets. That alone probably gives Duke the edge. Also being down 2 big men potentially could really hurt.

The UK MSU game really comes down to health as well. If Oscar is good to go they win. If not, MSU wins.
I think KU has a good chance as long as Dick plays hard. If Dick goes soft then I don’t like their chances.

UK & KU

I do think the interior size and talent of Duke vs. the wing play of Kansas will make for some interesting style battles. Even against inferior opponents KU's half court offense has been rather stagnant but they have ran well. Duke has been putting up stifling defensive numbers but against poor opponents.

Duke-KU could be a really low scoring game.

I wonder if Izzo has ever got over that beating Cal gave him while at Memphis?

They say they're friends.
I watched Izzo's presser. He said they were on several committees together and they are indeed friends.

Some of the other things he said. He only wants to play 7 players. I say we muck it up, create a lot of fouls. We have the bench so for us its not a problem. Hauser is going to be a hand full for Jacob, Collins and Livingston. We might even see Ware. Ware is more physical so he could muck it up. They don't have a deep front court.

BTW Vitale is calling the game.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Duke is a 1 pt favorite.
UK is 6.5 pt favorite

I'm sticking with the older blue bloods....

UK
KU

I hope all teams are playing to their potential. Should be a fun night of basketball. The season is officially here!

I’d say 8-10 points is a stretch. Duke also has a rookie head coach.

Last night it was KU -2 and now it's Duke -1.5. Has there been an injury update?

Is the quote function all jacked up for anyone else?

Anyways, @ravenman10 how many points does Duke lose not having Coach K on the sideline?

I like Duke's chances a little better than I did a few weeks ago. They seem to be focused on defense, but this will obviously be their first actual test. I still say they fall a little short.

KU and UK

I watched Izzo's presser. He said they were on several committees together and they are indeed friends.

Some of the other things he said. He only wants to play 7 players. I say we muck it up, create a lot of fouls. We have the bench so for us its not a problem. Hauser is going to be a hand full for Jacob, Collins and Livingston. We might even see Ware. Ware is more physical so he could muck it up. They don't have a deep front court.

BTW Vitale is calling the game.
Houser might hit shots but he isn't a player I would worry about. He can't really create.

Can’t really blame them. Were any of your players alive the last time Sparty won

Easier to defend then. I think he's your best shooter isn't he? He will have 2 very long, athletic forwards in his face most of the night.
He might be the best shooter but I'm not certain. I think Pierre Brooks and Tyson Walker may be better. AJ Hoggard is our best player imo. But he isn't a shooter. Looks for MSU to attack the basket with their guards.

Too many new pieces for Duke. ITs early, you guys will be better tonight.

If Oscar plays Cal said he would only play 4 minute stretches. They need to check for swelling. He hasn't practiced and he's lost a little on his ability to get up. And probably some rust. Oscar wants to play badly :)

He might be the best shooter but I'm not certain. I think Pierre Brooks and Tyson Walker may be better. AJ Hoggard is our best player imo. But he isn't a shooter. Looks for MSU to attack the basket with their guards.
Your guards and our guards will be an interesting matchup. Whosever guards win that battle wins the game.

ADVERTISEMENT