ADVERTISEMENT

Coach K rant.

What a psycho. I doubt the media says much negative about K and this though. They will spin it into a positive somehow.

Last edited:
Apparently they were chanting 'sit with us' or something, which is what they want recruits to do when they are saying they want them maybe? I don't know. They are so weird. No idea what K thought they said. However, it is disingenuous for him to get upset because they are chanting at Capel because he is 'one of them' but think it is ok for them to yell dumb stuff at others. In truth, it is ok for nerdy college kids to yell dumb stuff at whoever. Coaches do dumb things sometimes though. It happens. I don't think he thought they said anything else though. I just think he lost it for no real reason. Strange situation.

Last edited:
I thought I heard the commentators say that it ended up being a misunderstanding and that Coach K overreacted.
Yeah just before the start of the second half they showed where he yelled at the Crazies. You could see him say “he’s one of us” several times, so it appears that he must’ve misunderstood what they were chanting and thought they were chanting something disrespectful to or about Jeff Capel.

Reactions: RockChalkRally
Yeah just before the start of the second half they showed where he yelled at the Crazies. You could see him say “he’s one of us” several times, so it appears that he must’ve misunderstood what they were chanting and thought they were chanting something disrespectful to or about Jeff Capel.

It shouldn't be ok to yell disrespectful stuff to anyone. That isn't what happened anyway though.

Last edited:
Reactions: kelley2403
It shouldn't be ok to yell disrespectful stuff to anyone. That isn't what happened anyway though.
That was the point of my post. The announcers said that it was an apparent misunderstanding on Coach K’s part as far as what he thought the Crazies were chanting.

Apparently K said he didn't misunderstand. He just thought they shouldn't chant that during a serious game? Makes no sense. Strange dude.

What a beta. It was funny seeing all the crazies about to cry though. RollLaugh

I certainly appreciate Capel for covering the spread.

Reactions: cavs124
Really? Fans shouldn't be allowed to be disrespectful to opposing teams like at all? I get that throwing batteries at players and shit is way over the line but just yelling things is fair game.

Seems like a misunderstanding born of a coach being protective of his former player and co-worker. K apologized afterwards.

And yeah, not sure about the whole "fans shouldn't yell stuff" take, but...

The K haters love this one, though:)

tw3301 said:

coryfly said:

It shouldn't be ok to yell disrespectful stuff to anyone. That isn't what happened anyway though.[/quote]

Really? Fans shouldn't be allowed to be disrespectful to opposing teams like at all? I get that throwing batteries at players and shit is way over the line but just yelling things is fair game.
[/quote]

Yelling things is great. Even making fun of dudes for silly stuff. Being funny or clever even better, though the crazies aren’t that usually. If something so disrespectful is yelled it causes the coach to throw a temper tantrum then it is probably over the line, and not only when the other coach is a former guy. That isn’t what happened anyway so it doesn’t matter.

Not what I said. Yelling things is great. Even making fun of dudes for silly stuff. Being funny or clever even better, though the crazies aren’t that usually. If something so disrespectful is yelled it causes the coach to throw a temper tantrum then it is probably over the line, and not only when the other coach is a former guy. That isn’t what happened anyway so it doesn’t matter.[/QUOTE]
They chanted "sit with us" and K misunderstood. How many games have you been to at Cameron?

Seems like a misunderstanding born of a coach being protective of his former player and co-worker. K apologized afterwards.

And yeah, not sure about the whole "fans shouldn't yell stuff" take, but...

The K haters love this one, though:)

If this was Cal, Self, Roy or any high profiled coach you clowns will be all over it.

coryfly said:

Not what I said. Yelling things is great. Even making fun of dudes for silly stuff. Being funny or clever even better, though the crazies aren’t that usually. If something so disrespectful is yelled it causes the coach to throw a temper tantrum then it is probably over the line, and not only when the other coach is a former guy. That isn’t what happened anyway so it doesn’t matter.[/QUOTE]
They chanted "sit with us" and K misunderstood. How many games have you been to at Cameron?
[/quote]

I get you have to DYB but that was ridiculous. Of all the games there this is the first time he has thought he has heard something he thought was inappropriate?

It was a complete overreaction and a terrible look. He blasted the fans who adore him in a ridiculous way in front of everyone. Roy has been hammered for way less so K deserves a little kickback. Don’t worry, the media will probably ignore it.

bgd9Sac.png

But what you said happened didn't happen. Roy is not even allowed to throw people out. That's absurd. I just ask that you educate yourself.

You've got to be kidding. The fan doesn't get removed if Roy doesn't say anything.

"Coach Williams let it be known he wasn’t thrilled with the fan's antics, and after a brief verbal sparring match 50 feet apart, Williams summoned Chapel Hill's finest to make sure the fan found the exit safely.

Some might say Williams was being unfair for throwing out an opposing fan simply for cheering against his team, while others would argue that he was merely sticking up for his players."

Reactions: Crums Bald Spot
This dude is Bob Knight with a mask on. The fact that he thinks he is the judge that should ensure everyone behaves like he think they should is ridiculous. And the visual of a 75 year old man pounding his chest is sad....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT