ADVERTISEMENT

Coach K rant.

You think a coach doesn't have the right to say something if he feels the fans are overstepping? Man, we disagree there.

Ahhh... you are a troll! Got it. Sorry, I don't think I had paid enough attention to your posts in the past to "get it."

I do not feel it is the coach's place to monitor the crowd. Security, AD, and other administration should handle that. He's a basketball coach. Just coach your team.

For real though, when is this guy gonna retire? The man turns 73 years old in a few weeks. He's 3 years into withdrawing the maximum amount of social security that anybody can receive and he's still coaching.

Coaches are a rare breed. I'll just never understand the mentality of men like that. I admire them but at the same time kind of feel sorry for them.

Reactions: RipThru and UL_1986
For real though, when is this guy gonna retire? The man turns 73 years old in a few weeks. He's 3 years into withdrawing the maximum amount of social security that anybody can receive and he's still coaching.

Coaches are a rare breed. I'll just never understand the mentality of men like that. I admire them but at the same time kind of feel sorry for them.
After his “god bless them” remarks following our win at Cameron against them...K can wander off into the sunset for all I care. Dude is starting to act like those elderly people with no filter. It’s embarrassing. Accept defeat and quit being a pussy. I’m so tired of hearing about the refs from these supposed “blue bloods”.

After his “god bless them” remakes following our game at Cameron with them...K can wander off into the sunset for all I care. Dude is starting to act like those elderly people with no filter. It’s embarrassing.
To me Bob Stoops did it the right way. He retired from a blueblood at the age of 56. He was still an elite coach when he stepped down. Oklahoma was still an elite program. He saw the potential in Lincoln Riley so he knew that the program wasn't going to miss a beat. He says goodbye, he's got 50 million in the bank and he's still pretty damn young, all things considered. The occasional video of him that would be posted every few months that showed him really enjoying his retirement made it seem like he was very happy with his decision.

I do realize he's the head coach of the Dallas Renegades now but I think we can all be honest with ourselves and say that he is doing that as a fun project. No chance in hell it's him going back to the daily grind he was doing when he was at Oklahoma.

After his “god bless them” remarks following our win at Cameron against them...K can wander off into the sunset for all I care. Dude is starting to act like those elderly people with no filter. It’s embarrassing. Accept defeat and quit being a pussy. I’m so tired of hearing about the refs from these supposed “blue bloods”.
Didn’t even realize he said that about you guys. As if you’re some division three program that has never had that kind of success before. What a douche move

Reactions: UL_1986
Didn’t even realize he said that about you guys. As if you’re some division three program that has never had that kind of success before. What a douche move
Was pretty weak. He said it like 3 times too. Did you see the post game? Plus, bitching about the physical play was comical seeing that there were plenty of no calls that should’ve been reviewed. I.e. Malik getting fouled on that last dunk. Should’ve won that game by 10+ if they didn’t hit that last prayer of a 3.

Was pretty weak. He said it like 3 times too. Did you see the post game? Plus, bitching about the physical play was comical seeing that there were plenty of no calls that should’ve been reviewed. I.e. Malik getting fouled on that last dunk. Should’ve won that game by 10+ if they didn’t hit that last prayer of a 3.

I saw it. That dude is a gracious winner and sore loser.

I remember Bob Knight acting like a weenie when Kyle Kuric dunked all over this ND player a few years back. Dude literally just stared at him after the play for a split second and Knight acted like he shot the man. Fascinating coming from a coach who choked his own players and threw chairs across the court. What a dipshit.

I think Knight is nuts but i don't really see him say anything wrong other than, "He did a stupid gesture", which he did and got a T over it. There's 100 better examples of him being a loon.

To me Bob Stoops did it the right way. He retired from a blueblood at the age of 56. He was still an elite coach when he stepped down. Oklahoma was still an elite program. He saw the potential in Lincoln Riley so he knew that the program wasn't going to miss a beat. He says goodbye, he's got 50 million in the bank and he's still pretty damn young, all things considered. The occasional video of him that would be posted every few months that showed him really enjoying his retirement made it seem like he was very happy with his decision.

I do realize he's the head coach of the Dallas Renegades now but I think we can all be honest with ourselves and say that he is doing that as a fun project. No chance in hell it's him going back to the daily grind he was doing when he was at Oklahoma.
He's popped up at a few games here for his brother. Pretty cool.

I saw it. That dude is a gracious winner and sore loser.

Meh. If you're going to be selective about it, any coach is going to sound grouchy from time to time. And yes, K has plenty of grouchy moments. Plenty of power trips. But, he can also be gracious in defeat.

He was very complimentary of Clemson and Evansville following those defeats. He got on the Indiana bus in 2002, following the loss in the Sweet 16, congratulated them on the victory, and told them how much tougher they were than his team. He went to the Mercer locker room following the 1st Round loss in 2014 and congratulated them. He's not perfect, but just like anyone else he has good and bad moments.

I think Knight is nuts but i don't really see him say anything wrong other than, "He did a stupid gesture", which he did and got a T over it. There's 100 better examples of him being a loon.
I get that, just thought it was weird. Kuric didn’t even make a gesture nor would he. That dude was pure class. Knight coinciding w the call was just annoying to me.

Meh. If you're going to be selective about it, any coach is going to sound grouchy from time to time. And yes, K has plenty of grouchy moments. Plenty of power trips. But, he can also be gracious in defeat.

He was very complimentary of Clemson and Evansville following those defeats. He got in the Indiana bus in 2002 following the loss in the Sweet 16, congratulated them on the victory, and told them how much tougher they were than his team. He went to Mercer locker room following the 1st Round loss in 2014 and congratulated them. He's not perfect, but just like anyone else he has good and bad moments.

That's reasonable. Just seems like with this incident andLaughing the Brooks incident, he's getting grouchier in his old age.

That's reasonable. Just seems like with this incident andLaughing the Brooks incident, he's getting grouchier in his old age.

Which is very possible. And don't get me wrong, K can be kind of a mad man at times, but he does have good moments, too. They're easily overlooked, especially if the opposition simply sees him as a pompous narcissist that only cares about his legacy.

I get that, just thought it was weird. Kuric didn’t even make a gesture nor would he. That dude was pure class. Knight coinciding w the call was just annoying to me.

I mean he stood over top of him and stared him down, and he got a tech from it. I wouldn't say he didn't do anything, not a big deal, Knight didn't seem to make a that big a deal of it. I guess some people just hate Knight to hate him.

I mean he stood over top of him and stared him down, and he got a tech from it. I wouldn't say he didn't do anything, not a big deal, Knight didn't seem to make a that big a deal of it. I guess some people just hate Knight to hate him.
Def don’t hate Knight, especially after his comments on Cal. :D

It amazes me that people still seem to be learning that these highly successful coaches are among the most narcissistic, egotistical, and self-obsessed people on the planet. It’s why they’re great winners. I’m sure a ton of them are great guys, too.

But, are people surprised he went nuts over a small, possibly imagined, slight that most people would’ve glossed over?

It amazes me that people still seem to be learning that these highly successful coaches are among the most narcissistic, egotistical, and self-obsessed people on the planet. It’s why they’re great winners. I’m sure a ton of them are great guys, too.

But, are people surprised he went nuts over a small, possibly imagined, slight that most people would’ve glossed over?

I don't remember Self ever having a public meltdown or slighting an opposing player/coach.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
I don't remember Self ever having a public meltdown or slighting an opposing player/coach.
Do you really have to be told that while certain traits may be more present in certain professions, it doesn’t mean everyone behaves the same or exhibits all of said traits?

Do you really have to be told that while certain traits may be more present in certain professions, it doesn’t mean everyone behaves the same or exhibits all of said traits?

Well, I didn't need to be told that some coaches have egos either. It really has little to do with what this thread is about. This thread is about a meltdown.

Reactions: RipThru
Well, I didn't need to be told that some coaches have egos either. It really has little to do with what this thread is about. This thread is about a meltdown.
Coach K has a literal meltdown 30 times per half. Apparently people do need to be told the obvious.

Mike cries to refs so much it is his main skill set.

ADVERTISEMENT