ADVERTISEMENT

Cheapest shot...ever?

Could have had a tad better technique.

tenor.gif

Clean block attempt imo
It could fall under the neck,jaw,face, head is part of the ball rule.

One thing for sure....dude better have got his and one free throw. Tack on the additional FT's...thats a 6 point play. I don't know the whole story but I'd be surprised if that team didn't forfeit the game.

Punching someone could earn someone as little as an ejection plus the next game. Why would this be different?

I actually thought that was WAYYYYYY worse than the Hans one.

A really terrible cheapshot... that's the sort of thing I could almost imagine a prosecutor or someone making into an assault charge, what with the tape being available.

I actually thought that was WAYYYYYY worse than the Hans one.

A really terrible cheapshot... that's the sort of thing I could almost imagine a prosecutor or someone making into an assault charge, what with the tape being available.
I am not the type of person who thinks these instances call for the authorities. As big of a coward as the kid is that threw the cheap shot, the only way that kid is going to learn is by getting his ass kicked.

Something tells me his coach and school will come down on him harder than the official rules will. Dude all ready had a technical earlier in the game for being a shithead

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Punching someone could earn someone as little as an ejection plus the next game. Why would this be different?
So the new HS coaching technique, Get 3 biggest kids in school that don't play basketball and have them rotating knocking other teams best player out.

throwing a punch when you're in a bit of a scrap is a little different than this IMO. This is the worst cheap shot I've ever seen, not sure why you disagree.

edit: never mind, i read the rest of the thread... haven't seen you say anything about race but I hope that's not what has you defending this move.

First, punches in basketball games rarely land.

Second, they are often thrown at someone who is basically expecting it; there is usually confrontation.

Third, there is often some sort of immediate "cause" for a punch... someone shoves a guy, guy throws a punch back.

This, I thought, went WELL beyond that. It landed as hard as possible, it went beyond just a fist, the kid shooting didn't appear to have any reason to expect it, and there was no clear "cause."

Minnesota-OSU....... 1972.

Combination nut kick and head stomp. The old "one-two"......

And yes, I'm showing my age. And I know the video sucks.

McHoop

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
throwing a punch when you're in a bit of a scrap is a little different than this IMO. This is the worst cheap shot I've ever seen, not sure why you disagree.

edit: never mind, i read the rest of the thread... haven't seen you say anything about race but I hope that's not what has you defending this move.
Somebody just packed up the prius with posterboard and a magic marker to stand outside the deans office!

ADVERTISEMENT