ADVERTISEMENT

Can we get an apology from everyone who doubted the Big Ten?

You’re not going to be able to shame me for going to UVA lol.
And you shouldn’t shame anyone for going to Purdue. There are a lot of great academic insitutions out there. I never pull this sht, but your comment about Purdue fans not having lives to fall back on, gave me the right.

Are we talking about last year or this year?

Bottom line is, Michigan didn't win last year and they aren't winning this year.

But instead of beating around the bush, why don't you tell me where I am wrong?

Are you saying the BIG10 has a better title contending team than UNC, UVA or Duke? I don't.

Michigan didn't play any ACC team in last season FF Championship game. as the lost to Villanova of the BE conference..

Doesn't mean they weren't a contender.

I'm not sure why you think teams that didn't win the title weren't contenders.

Here, maybe this will help you.

Duke is a stronger title contender than Michigan State is. It doesn't mean MSU isn't a contender, it just means Duke is a stronger contender.

Last year, Michigan was a true contender, but Villanova was too, only they were a stronger contender and they won the game.

But you're STILL avoiding the question.

Is there a BIG10 team that is a stronger title contender than any of the top 3 ACC teams?

Remember, you're the one that attacked my opinion on this, but all you have done is pathetically avoided this question, because you know the answer wrecks your stupid "the word contender is for simpleton's" argument.

Michigan was a true contender last year but not this year? This team is just as good as last year. Either neither team was a "true contender" or both teams are "true contenders". Make up your mind. Saying one is and one isn't just shows me you don't know much about the two teams.

And you shouldn’t shame anyone for going to Purdue. There are a lot of great academic insitutions out there. I never pull this sht, but your comment about Purdue fans not having lives to fall back on, gave me the right.

Good to know you’re easily triggered. Congrats on your excellent education.

Doesn't mean they weren't a contender.

I'm not sure why you think teams that didn't win the title weren't contenders.

Here, maybe this will help you.

Duke is a stronger title contender than Michigan State is. It doesn't mean MSU isn't a contender, it just means Duke is a stronger contender.

Last year, Michigan was a true contender, but Villanova was too, only they were a stronger contender and they won the game.

But you're STILL avoiding the question.

Is there a BIG10 team that is a stronger title contender than any of the top 3 ACC teams?

Remember, you're the one that attacked my opinion on this, but all you have done is pathetically avoided this question, because you know the answer wrecks your stupid "the word contender is for simpleton's" argument.

Is Kentucky a stronger title contender than any of the top 3 ACC teams? No? Then Kentucky must not be a "true contender". Brilliant logic.

Cal said about the same thing. “We shouldn’t be favorites.” Lol. Gtfo w that Cal.
I don't get the whole issue with the whole title contenders statement. You can be a title contender and lose.

My point is, UNC, Duke and UVA are stronger contenders.

Just like Mike Tyson was a stronger contender than James Douglas. It doesn't guarantee a Tyson victory, but there is a reason Tyson was he easily favored....he was better. Douglas wins that fight 1 out of 10 times. Well, his one time happened.

Last edited:
Is Kentucky a stronger title contender than any of the top 3 ACC teams? No? Then Kentucky must not be a "true contender". Brilliant logic.
I think UK is a stronger contender, with a healthy PJ, than all but Duke.

You can disagree and that's fine. Know why? Because it's your opinion. I won't jump all over you for your opinion.

I think UK is a stronger contender, with a healthy PJ, than all but Duke.

You can disagree and that's fine. Know why? Because it's your opinion. I won't jump all over you for your opinion.

Of course you do but you're probably one of the guys that thought Kentucky would beat an All Big Ten team, too.

Reactions: 829305 and jhmossy
Huh? You do realize Kentucky is in the SEC right?

Sorry if I'm not all butthurt because the ACC gets more press than Iowa freaking basketball.
this has nothing to do with Iowa, this has to do with BT teams that are contenders.
Michigan has been to the last 2 FF's reaching the NCAAT Championship game, now that alone makes them a contender

MSU is a contender because of their history in the NCAAT. IF I am not incorrect a Izzo coached MSU has made the NCAAT FF at least once every 4 years. in some cases multiple times.

as for Iowa they have only made the FF 3 times reaching the Championship Game only once, I am well aware of Iowa place in regards to the FF. I could care less about the media where Iowa is concerned.

for most of the season they were in the top 25 and were anywhere from a 4 seed to a 6 seed until the lost to these down the stretch
Maryland NCAAT team
Wisconsin NCAAT team on their SR day
Michigan NCAAT team
OSU NCAAT team
Rutgers
Nebraska on their SR Day

losing to 4 NCAAT teams and they drop all the way to a 10 seed. oh well the selection committee sucked to hard on the ACC's tube steak by giving 3 teams a #1 seed. while the BT who cannibalized themselves get screwed.

this has nothing to do with Iowa, this has to do with BT teams that are contenders.
Michigan has been to the last 2 FF's reaching the NCAAT Championship game, now that alone makes them a contender

MSU is a contender because of their history in the NCAAT. IF I am not incorrect a Izzo coached MSU has made the NCAAT FF at least once every 4 years. in some cases multiple times.

as for Iowa they have only made the FF 3 times reaching the Championship Game only once, I am well aware of Iowa place in regards to the FF. I could care less about the media where Iowa is concerned.

for most of the season they were in the top 25 and were anywhere from a 4 seed to a 6 seed until the lost to these down the stretch
Maryland NCAAT team
Michigan NCAAT team
OSU NCAAT team
Rutgers
Nebraska on their SR Day

losing to 4 NCAAT teams and they drop all the way to a 10 seed. oh well the selection committee sucked to hard on the ACC's tube steak by giving 3 teams a #1 seed. while the BT who cannibalized themselves get screwed.
also should be noted that Michigan clobbered #1 seed Carolina by 18

in the ACC/BT challenge it was a 7-7 split. Duke, Virginia and UNCheats feasted on the bottom of the ACC. while the BT was a complete gauntlet from top to bottom, and it showed in the records of each team in the BT.

the BT also went from 18 conference games to 20 conference games. to me the BT needs to go back to 18 conference games.

who knows maybe Indiana and Nebraska might have won 20 games and then the BT might have got the 10 teams the pundits were predicting that the BT was projected to get in.

think about that 10 out of 14 teams making the NCAAT then saying the BT doesn't have a contender for the championship just shows how ignorant some posters are,

as for Duke they are 30-5 overall 14-4 in ACC Play. so they are not unbeatable. they also lost to Gonzaga.

UNCheats is 28-6 and they lost to Michigan and Texas. yeah right talk about over rated. they should never have got the seed they did as the only reason why they got the seed they did was because of the major suck up job by the Committee on the ACC.
MSU should have got the #1 seed in the Mid West region

Michigan was a true contender last year but not this year? This team is just as good as last year. Either neither team was a "true contender" or both teams are "true contenders". Make up your mind. Saying one is and one isn't just shows me you don't know much about the two teams.
Wait, where did I say Michigan wasn't a contender? I don't feel like they will win because their offense is a problem for them, but I didn't say UM wasn't a contender. I just feel like the three ACC teams are stronger contenders.

But answer the question. Does the BIG10 have a stronger contender than any of the 3 ACC top teams?

Wait, where did I say Michigan wasn't a contender? I don't feel like they will win because their offense is a problem for them, but I didn't say UM wasn't a contender. I just feel like the three ACC teams are stronger contenders.

But answer the question. Does the BIG10 have a stronger contender than any of the 3 ACC top teams?

You’re so triggered you’re pumping the ACC as a UK fan.

Of course you do but you're probably one of the guys that thought Kentucky would beat an All Big Ten team, too.
Why are you do bothered by the opinions of others?

Are you really that bothered by someone stating that Michigan isn't as strong of a contender as any of the 3 ACC teams?

I don't understand why you are so triggered about this. You're coming across like a spoiled brat.

Does the BIG10 have a stronger contender than any of the 3 ACC top teams?

You’re so triggered you’re pumping the ACC as a UK fan.
Huh? If you're just going to troll, sit this one out.

I'm not pumping anything, I'm giving a neutral assessment.

Do you really think I want to pump Duke and UNC? If you do, you're an even bigger idiot than I originally thought.

Maryland NCAAT team
Michigan NCAAT team
OSU NCAAT team
Rutgers
Nebraska on their SR Day

You typed all of that for no reason NiteWing. I'm not reading that.

Why is this so hard to comprehend?

Also, when did I say Michigan wasn't a contender?

Why are you so confused on this?

I want to make this a safe space.

A lot of SEC/ACC fans in particular have said a lot of dumb shit about the Big Ten lately.

Well now is the time to eat your crow but we will be kind to you.

A quick word of advice before we begin: It is better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are stupid rather than opening your mouth and confirming those thoughts.

Okay go.
Sorry

How many true title contenders are there in each conference?

I count three extremely strong title contenders in the ACC. I don't see a true title contender in the BIG10. Maybe MSU if they can get out of their bracket, but that's a stretch.

So IMO, the top of the ACC >>>BIG10

Again, JMO

Are you drunk?

Reactions: VulvHa and kl40504
You typed all of that for no reason NiteWing. I'm not reading that.
and that's why you refuse to give any BT team credit for being any good,

UNCheats is not that good. they were/are a 4 or 5 seed at best. Michigan beat them and they got better as the season went on but lost twice to MSU out of their 6 losses. try reading the whole thing and admit that the BT teams can win Championships,

Reactions: kl40504
Why are you do bothered by the opinions of others?

Are you really that bothered by someone stating that Michigan isn't as strong of a contender as any of the 3 ACC teams?

I don't understand why you are so triggered about this. You're coming across like a spoiled brat.

Yikes

Why is this so hard to comprehend?

Also, when did I say Michigan wasn't a contender?

Why are you so confused on this?

How many true title contenders are there in each conference?

I count three extremely strong title contenders in the ACC. I don't see a true title contender in the BIG10. Maybe MSU if they can get out of their bracket, but that's a stretch.

So IMO, the top of the ACC >>>BIG10

Again, JMO

When you can't keep your trolling straight.....

Reactions: HRTheCard
Also, I don't really care if people consider Michigan a contender or not. Most didn't consider Michigan a contender last season but things turned out okay.

This all started because I think using phrases like "true title contenders" is dumb..... because it is.

Also, I don't really care if people consider Michigan a contender or not. Most didn't consider Michigan a contender last season but things turned out okay.

This all started because I think using phrases like "true title contenders" is dumb..... because it is.

You have a really weird way of showing people you don’t care

Reactions: sgrooms and kl40504

Michigan was not a contender last year.

You have a really weird way of showing people you don’t care

This discussion has much less to do with what I think about Michigan this year and more to do with the phrase "true title contenders". I'll chalk this up to you skipping the past two pages.

ADVERTISEMENT