ADVERTISEMENT

Can we get an apology from everyone who doubted the Big Ten?

Monorojo

Nov 1, 2009
Long Beach, CA
Team
Ohio State
I want to make this a safe space.

A lot of SEC/ACC fans in particular have said a lot of dumb shit about the Big Ten lately.

Well now is the time to eat your crow but we will be kind to you.

A quick word of advice before we begin: It is better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are stupid rather than opening your mouth and confirming those thoughts.

Okay go.

giphy.gif

I want to make this a safe space.

A lot of SEC/ACC fans in particular have said a lot of dumb shit about the Big Ten lately.

Well now is the time to eat your crow but we will be kind to you.

A quick word of advice before we begin: It is better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are stupid rather than opening your mouth and confirming those thoughts.

Okay go.

Good showing from the Big 10 so far, for sure...but chest bumping your conference is lame.

Yes. She does good work. Wood recommend.

Btw, I picked Kansas to win it all in one of my sh!tty brackets, so your boys are screwed.

We've been screwed since our 10th game this season after Udoka went down. Sprinkle in Grimes playing like a p*ssy all year and the DeSousa decision. Our fall from grace had been bumpy at best.

We've been screwed since our 10th game this season after Udoka went down. Sprinkle in Grimes playing like a p*ssy all year and the DeSousa decision. Our fall from grace had been bumpy at best.

"fall from grace". I vaguely remember Syracuse's grace. Good times. Too bad we suck forever now.

Reactions: Monorojo
you beat 5 mid majors........ 1 being a much over rated Cincy (still a mid major though LOL) and UL which is a dumpster fire of a program right now.

get those teams to the sweet 16 and then we'll be more impressed.
Win another national championship (not this year because you're not going to this year.......:eek:) and then you can talk down on the Big Ten's accomplishments.

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone really bash the B1G’s ability to win games. I think most criticism is that it’s a less exciting brand of ball. While I realize that would be a matter of preference, most fans of teams outside of the B1G don’t get that much enjoyment out of watching it.

Just my take. With that out of the way, nice start to the dance.

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone really bash the B1G’s ability to win games. I think most criticism is that it’s a less exciting brand of ball. While I realize that would be a matter of preference, most fans of teams outside of the B1G don’t get that much enjoyment out of watching it.

What is the Big Ten's brand of ball IYHO?.................

And how does it differ so greatly from the SEC and ACC and other East Coast "exciting" leagues?

Good luck.

I think that is a bunk issue as well.

MSU has the KP #4 offense in the country, ahead of Duke, UNC, UK, etc. MSU is also near the top in assists per game, rebounds per game, blocked shots per game, 3pt FG%, etc.

Purdue is also a highly potent offense. Wisconsin and Michigan are great defensive teams, with good to decent offenses.

I think Adjusted Tempo is about the only stat you can knock most of the B1G teams for

I think that is a bunk issue as well.

MSU has the KP #4 offense in the country, ahead of Duke, UNC, UK, etc. MSU is also near the top in assists per game, rebounds per game, blocked shots per game, 3pt FG%, etc.

Purdue is also a highly potent offense. Wisconsin and Michigan are great defensive teams, with good to decent offenses.

I think Adjusted Tempo is about the only stat you can knock most of the B1G teams for

MSU has always played a bit faster under Izzo. I usually enjoy watching them play.

I think the tempo is exactly what people usually knock the conference for as a whole. It’s not every team, but just in general.

Big 10 or twelve or 14 or whatever it is, is deep. Deep is boring and nobody likes boring. Regardless of finish, the ACC had the stronger conference at the top. Indisputable, even if you try to discount records for beating up on an otherwise weak ACC.

I picked MSU in a bracket to win it all, so go MSU! The B1G could have 4 Final 4 teams this year. That won't change the fact that the ACC was the strongest, absolute gauntlet, conference this year.

I will be rooting for my two number squares the rest of the way. Also, with Cuse eliminated, Postseason Troll Brooky is back and ready for a fight!

hat won't change the fact that the ACC was the strongest, absolute gauntlet, conference this year.

Not sure I agree with that part, unless I'm misreading it. ACC definitely was stronger at the top, seeing as they got 3 of the 4 1-seeds.

Other than that, I'm not sure the ACC was stronger the rest of the way down.

Top-10 KenPom teams:
- ACC had 3 (Virginia, Duke, UNC)
- B1G had 3 (MSU, UM, Purdue)

Top-50 KP teams:
- ACC had 9
- B1G had 11

After that, the ACC had 6 teams ranked between 73 and 167.

The B1G had only 3 teams outside of the Top-50, and the lowest ranked team was Illinois at #81.

6 of Virginia's 16 ACC wins, came against the bottom 5 ACC teams who were all ranked 95 or worse.

Big 10 or twelve or 14 or whatever it is, is deep. Deep is boring and nobody likes boring. Regardless of finish, the ACC had the stronger conference at the top. Indisputable, even if you try to discount records for beating up on an otherwise weak ACC.

I picked MSU in a bracket to win it all, so go MSU! The B1G could have 4 Final 4 teams this year. That won't change the fact that the ACC was the strongest, absolute gauntlet, conference this year.

I will be rooting for my two number squares the rest of the way. Also, with Cuse eliminated, Postseason Troll Brooky is back and ready for a fight!

Fvck you. The ACC will never be the Big East

If you give an apology for all the dumb shit you've said about the SEC in your life I'll give a token apology, even though I didn't say anything about B1G basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT