ADVERTISEMENT

Can we get an apology from everyone who doubted the Big Ten?

That’s probably because you have nothing to fall back on in life besides basketball. As a Purdue fan, that has to be rough. I don’t think you have to worry about losing to a 16 seed in the 1st round for a very long time.
LOL ok.... You do know I wasn't trying to knock you guys right? I was just asking what your experience was like for this game since that veil had finally been pierced.

Reactions: Monorojo
It's amazing the emphasis put on the title nowadays. Only one team/conference has a succesful season.
Success is measured differently. Like, reaching the Final Four would be considered successful for teams like Duke, unc and Kentucky. And going 7-1 in the first round is considered successful for the B1G.

There was a lot of game left so I could see that. I just was shocked because I fully expected Virginia to throttle them from the jump.

Good thing they play two halves. I’m sure there was an inordinate amount of pressure on the players. Hopefully that pressure is alleviated and they can just come out and play their game vs OU

Trust me, you have no idea who is cheating and how much.

A guy on these boards knows a mediocre K-State player who took dough years ago, when they were one of the worst major conference programs. Sorry, pal, it's everywhere.

And all of you Kentucky fans in denial are as pitiful as OJ apologists.
LOL, thee ole "I know a guy, who knows a guy, that knows a guy...." Bullshit. To make it worse, it was a dude on a message board that told you that.

It's pretty pathetic when so many people make accusations without proof. "Everybody's cheating" where's your proof?

I don't know what your fascination is with Kentucky, but you should take a hard look at your program, they're the ones that are about to crumble.

Note: I wish no ill will on the KU program, but it's pretty obvious the dude I quoted here wants to see UK go down more than he wants his own program to win.

Cincinnati was being called a under seeded team going into the NCAAT. now that Iowa won they are being labelled as a over rated Mid Major team.
Who said that?
Hey, great, Iowa won a game against a decent mid major program and Fran didn't have to go bonkers, but lez be honest, that little run is over.

Its been like 18 years since the big 10 won a title and only 6 years since UK did... I think we can talk down on the big 10 all we freaking want.
I had a strong feeling you would catch that. I couldn't believe a BIG10 fan would use National championships for shit talking.

The fact that he's an Iowa fan makes it really funny.

Only 15 posts in, and it already turned into a UK vs UL debate

Impressive

He started it!

giphy.gif

Is the ACC advantage at the top that big? Both conferences have 2 Top-5 teams each. Both have 3 Top-10 teams each. Both have 4 Top-12 teams each.

Top 6 from either conference, in KenPom order:

1 Virginia
3 Duke
4 MSU
5 UM
6 UNC
9 Purdue

I agree that the ACC is better at the top, but not sure its a bigger gap than B1G has in the middle. Minnesota was the 9th highest ranked B1G team, and just worked Louisville who was 6th highest for ACC. And the B1G was way better at the bottom.
How many true title contenders are there in each conference?

I count three extremely strong title contenders in the ACC. I don't see a true title contender in the BIG10. Maybe MSU if they can get out of their bracket, but that's a stretch.

So IMO, the top of the ACC >>>BIG10

Again, JMO

LOL, thee ole "I know a guy, who knows a guy, that knows a guy...." Bullshit. To make it worse, it was a dude on a message board that told you that.

It's pretty pathetic when so many people make accusations without proof. "Everybody's cheating" where's your proof?

I don't know what your fascination is with Kentucky, but you should take a hard look at your program, they're the ones that are about to crumble.

Note: I wish no ill will on the KU program, but it's pretty obvious the dude I quoted here wants to see UK go down more than he wants his own program to win.

Frankly, I wouldn’t mind seeing Kentucky go down. But only because all of you have your heads buried while casting stones at EVERY other program.

I mean, you goons actually believe that Kentucky and Calipari and World Wide Wes live on an island of holiness. You deserve to have your little bubbles burst.

just how many FF has Kentucky been too with all those 5* 1 n done players

Wisconsin went to the FF twice
Michigan just went to the FF in back to back year.

with all those 1 n done players Kentucky should have been in the FF for 8 straight years. Wisconsin and Michigan don't get 5* 1 n done players

so the BT has more to brag about than Kentucky fan's do.

oh and is that lost to RI in the 1st round of the 12-13 NIT .
Umm, 4 times since 09/10.

So let me get this straight. You're trying to knock UK because they haven't been to more Final Fours "with all those one and done players"???

So, UK should have more than 4 final fours in 10 years with all those F R E S H M E N?

Iowa sports a veteran team every year, where are your final fours?

Last edited:
Frankly, I wouldn’t mind seeing Kentucky go down. But only because all of you have your heads buried while casting stones at EVERY other program.

I mean, you goons actually believe that Kentucky and Calipari and World Wide Wes live on an island of holiness. You deserve to have your little bubbles burst.
First, this isn't 2009 man, WWW hasn't been talked about in 10 years and you're accusing a guy of doing something he hasn't done. Simply advising kids on the AAU circuit to play for Cal/Memphis isn't breaking rules. Stop reaching, there is nothing there.

Also, how are our heads in the sand? Are we supposed to just throw our hands in the air and yell "OH MAN, WE ARE DEFINITELY CHEATING, WE MIGHT AS WELL ADMIT IT, THERE'S LITERALLY NOTHING OUT THERE THAT INDICATES WE'RE CHEATING, BUT WE PROBABLY ARE".

I mean seriously, why would we think UK is cheating? UK has a compliance officer that is in Calipari's business daily, nothing gets by her and every player goes through her approval process before an offer is made. Look her up. Sandy Bell.

Wisconsin was not a 5 seed, 6-8 at best, and it showed, I would love to have a rematch with Oregon.

this Iowa team returns 8 of their top 9 players with the only player graduating being former Walk On Baer. they will then be rejoined by 7'+ RSSO.. Nunge and 6'8 RSJR Pemsl.
then Fran adds these
6'9 TOP 100 4* F Patrick McCaffery TOP 100 4* by Rivals
6'4 3* CG RSFR Fredrick
5'11 PG 4* Tuossaintt
these are by ESPN

this years team was playing short handed by 3 players and yet they are 23-11
So when a BIG10 team loses, they were overseeded and really weren't all that good? Shouldn't have had to play that particular team??? Got it.

Umm, 4 times since 09/10.

So let me get this straight. You're trying to knock UK because they haven't been to more Final Fours "with all those one and done players"???

So, UK should have more than 4 final fours in 10 years with all those F R E S H M E N?

Iowa sports a veteran team every year, where are your final fours?
SPORTS A VETERAN TEAM EVERY YEAR? what a joke last season these were the top 6 , 4 SO's and 2 FR, the year before 5 FR and 1 RSSO, season was experienced 1 RSSR, 1 SO, 1 RSJR, 2 JR's. plus they played with out these
SO 7'0 Nunge who RS'd
JR 6'8 Pemsl who RS'd
these 2 were tied for 5th on the team in scoring last season.
FR Fredrick RS'd
these will join the team this fall along with these as incoming FR
Top 100 4* F Patrick McCaffery by ESPN and Rivals
4* PG Toussaint by ESPN and 3* by Rivals. rated the #1 PG in the state of NY and the #2 overall in the state of NY.
this team has not been a veteran team as often as you make it out to be.

So when a BIG10 team loses, they were overseeded and really weren't all that good? Shouldn't have had to play that particular team??? Got it.
but they were just a 10 seed and it was Cincinnati that was the higher seed. Iowa WON. next up is #2 seed Tennessee who some are saying should have been a 1 seed.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
SPORTS A VETERAN TEAM EVERY YEAR? what a joke last season these were the top 6 , 4 SO's and 2 FR, the year before 5 FR and 1 RSSO, season was experienced 1 RSSR, 1 SO, 1 RSJR, 2 JR's. plus they played with out these
SO 7'0 Nunge who RS'd
JR 6'8 Pemsl who RS'd
these 2 were tied for 5th on the team in scoring last season.
FR Fredrick RS'd
these will join the team this fall along with these as incoming FR
Top 100 4* F Patrick McCaffery by ESPN and Rivals
4* PG Toussaint by ESPN and 3* by Rivals. rated the #1 PG in the state of NY and the #2 overall in the state of NY.
this team has not been a veteran team as often as you make it out to be.
I'm not reading all that garbage NiteWing. Know why? Because Iowa basketball doesn't matter. So much so, that after I typed out the word "Iowa", my phone refused to recognize the word "basketball".

But if your team was young last year, then it should have made the final four according to your standards.

I mean, you expect UK to be there more often than 4 times in 9 years .app apparen in your mind, freshmen oriented teams should get to the FF more often than not.

How many true title contenders are there in each conference?

I count three extremely strong title contenders in the ACC. I don't see a true title contender in the BIG10. Maybe MSU if they can get out of their bracket, but that's a stretch.

So IMO, the top of the ACC >>>BIG10

Again, JMO

"True title contenders" is such a played out phrase. What defines a "true title contender"?

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
"True title contenders" is such a played out phrase. What defines a "true title contender"?
A team with the goods to survive 6 games and win the title.

I believe the 3 ACC teams I listed are stronger candidates to win a title than the top 3 B10 teams.

Doesn't mean one if those B10 teams can't win it all (Purdon't is seriously suspect though), but the 3 ACC teams are just better.

A team with the goods to survive 6 games and win the title.

I believe the 3 ACC teams I listed are stronger candidates to win a title than the top 3 B10 teams.

Doesn't mean one if those B10 teams can't win it all (Purdon't is seriously suspect though), but the 3 ACC teams are just better.

So it's a subjective term that doesn't really mean anything? Just something you can use to pretend to have the upper hand in an argument. Michigan wasn't a "true title contender" last season and made the National Championship game while other "true title contenders" on their side of the bracket flamed out. Such a generic term.

I'm not reading all that garbage NiteWing. Know why? Because Iowa basketball doesn't matter. So much so, that after I typed out the word "Iowa", my phone refused to recognize the word "basketball".

But if your team was young last year, then it should have made the final four according to your standards.

I mean, you expect UK to be there more often than 4 times in 9 years .app apparen in your mind, freshmen oriented teams should get to the FF more often than not.
but your FR are 1 n done players, ready to play in the NBA from day 1 when they get drafted. BIG difference between 1 n done players and 4 year player that develop as they get older.

Iowa has had just one 1 n done player and that was 20 years ago. if and that is a big IF Fran can get a couple 5* 1 n done players then the expectations of them reaching the FF the expectation of going to the FF goes up 10X Fold.

next year the expectation will go up with 5 SR's on the team, 1 of them being #38 #8 PF By ESPN Cook top 100 by Rivals
then there is SO F Wieskamp #42 by Rivals and top 100 by ESPN,

LIKE I said there is a big difference between 5* 1 n done players and even 4* 3-4 year players that need to be developed.

every year Kentucky has to replace those 5* players and they ussually do with more 5* 1 n done players.
Duke is loaded with 5* players with Zion being a possible #1 pick.

That’s probably because you have nothing to fall back on in life besides basketball. As a Purdue fan, that has to be rough. I don’t think you have to worry about losing to a 16 seed in the 1st round for a very long time.
Funny thing is, even with all those 1 seeds UVA hasn’t been able to do much with it. Hopefully that changes this year.

So it's a subjective term that doesn't really mean anything? Just something you can use to pretend to have the upper hand in an argument. Michigan wasn't a "true title contender" last season and made the National Championship game while other "true title contenders" on their side of the bracket flamed out. Such a generic term.
Are we talking about last year or this year?

Bottom line is, Michigan didn't win last year and they aren't winning this year.

But instead of beating around the bush, why don't you tell me where I am wrong?

Are you saying the BIG10 has a better title contending team than UNC, UVA or Duke? I don't.

Reactions: jhmossy
ADVERTISEMENT