ADVERTISEMENT

Can we get an apology from everyone who doubted the Big Ten?

I think all conferences would love to be in the Big 10 shoes. Top to bottom, they can beat anyone on a given day
Outside of Ohio State, they just don't cheat, they do it right. Great job Big10

Trust me, you have no idea who is cheating and how much.

A guy on these boards knows a mediocre K-State player who took dough years ago, when they were one of the worst major conference programs. Sorry, pal, it's everywhere.

And all of you Kentucky fans in denial are as pitiful as OJ apologists.

Not sure I agree with that part, unless I'm misreading it. ACC definitely was stronger at the top, seeing as they got 3 of the 4 1-seeds.

Other than that, I'm not sure the ACC was stronger the rest of the way down.

Top-10 KenPom teams:
- ACC had 3 (Virginia, Duke, UNC)
- B1G had 3 (MSU, UM, Purdue)

Top-50 KP teams:
- ACC had 9
- B1G had 11

After that, the ACC had 6 teams ranked between 73 and 167.

The B1G had only 3 teams outside of the Top-50, and the lowest ranked team was Illinois at #81.

6 of Virginia's 16 ACC wins, came against the bottom 5 ACC teams who were all ranked 95 or worse.

The B1G bottom was definitely stronger. The middle is a slight B1G advantage. The top is a big ACC advantage. Since the bottom doesn't matter, I think the ACC advantage at the top outweighs the B1G advantage in the middle.

Reactions: Monorojo
The B1G bottom was definitely stronger. The middle is a slight B1G advantage. The top is a big ACC advantage. Since the bottom doesn't matter, I think the ACC advantage at the top outweighs the B1G advantage in the middle.
is that why the BT/ACC Challenged in a 7-7 ties.

Until you play us, and your seeding sucks.

You should get 5 billion dollars if that happens. Literally every team we face would have to contract polio.....and even then

I get that everyone is disappointed that it isn't the usual 1 or 2 seed title contender, but this is taking it a little too far. They have 8 wins over teams that have reached the 2nd round, and it'll be 9 if Iowa St wins. Most without Udoka.

Is the ACC advantage at the top that big? Both conferences have 2 Top-5 teams each. Both have 3 Top-10 teams each. Both have 4 Top-12 teams each.

Top 6 from either conference, in KenPom order:

1 Virginia
3 Duke
4 MSU
5 UM
6 UNC
9 Purdue

I agree that the ACC is better at the top, but not sure its a bigger gap than B1G has in the middle. Minnesota was the 9th highest ranked B1G team, and just worked Louisville who was 6th highest for ACC. And the B1G was way better at the bottom.

Its been like 18 years since the big 10 won a title and only 6 years since UK did... I think we can talk down on the big 10 all we freaking want.
just how many FF has Kentucky been too with all those 5* 1 n done players

Wisconsin went to the FF twice
Michigan just went to the FF in back to back year.

with all those 1 n done players Kentucky should have been in the FF for 8 straight years. Wisconsin and Michigan don't get 5* 1 n done players

so the BT has more to brag about than Kentucky fan's do.

oh and is that lost to RI in the 1st round of the 12-13 NIT .

So you want to talk about Oregon vs Wisconsin? I had Wisconsin in my bracket and I'm not happy about this.

I think it is important to keep things in perspective. Oregon is a hot team and would have easily beaten Auburn or Tennessee with the way those two teams played. Wisconsin undoubtedly kept it closer than either of those two would have.

Sometimes it comes down to the match ups.

just how many FF has Kentucky been too with all those 5* 1 n done players

Wisconsin went to the FF twice
Michigan just went to the FF in back to back year.

with all those 1 n done players Kentucky should have been in the FF for 8 straight years. Wisconsin and Michigan don't get 5* 1 n done players

so the BT has more to brag about than Kentucky fan's do.

oh and is that lost to RI in the 1st round of the 12-13 NIT .

4 times.... 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015. made the elite 8 2010 and 2017....... We've been doing pretty great.... thanks for asking

Wisconsin was not a 5 seed, 6-8 at best, and it showed, I would love to have a rematch with Oregon.

this Iowa team returns 8 of their top 9 players with the only player graduating being former Walk On Baer. they will then be rejoined by 7'+ RSSO.. Nunge and 6'8 RSJR Pemsl.
then Fran adds these
6'9 TOP 100 4* F Patrick McCaffery TOP 100 4* by Rivals
6'4 3* CG RSFR Fredrick
5'11 PG 4* Tuossaintt
these are by ESPN

this years team was playing short handed by 3 players and yet they are 23-11

Its been like 18 years since the big 10 won a title and only 6 years since UK did... I think we can talk down on the big 10 all we freaking want.
e1a341d7-8a75-4efc-bfc6-0cc2778e47a9_text.gif

I want to make this a safe space.

A lot of SEC/ACC fans in particular have said a lot of dumb shit about the Big Ten lately.

Well now is the time to eat your crow but we will be kind to you.

A quick word of advice before we begin: It is better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are stupid rather than opening your mouth and confirming those thoughts.

Okay go.
Big 10 who?

Trust me, you have no idea who is cheating and how much.

A guy on these boards knows a mediocre K-State player who took dough years ago, when they were one of the worst major conference programs. Sorry, pal, it's everywhere.

And all of you Kentucky fans in denial are as pitiful as OJ apologists.
We all know Self and Kansas has been cheating for years. The hammer will fall soon.

I want to make this a safe space.

A lot of SEC/ACC fans in particular have said a lot of dumb shit about the Big Ten lately.

Well now is the time to eat your crow but we will be kind to you.

A quick word of advice before we begin: It is better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are stupid rather than opening your mouth and confirming those thoughts.

Okay go.
So you've been feeling attacked?

Will a little bit of verbal soothing make you feel better?

Good job Big Ten.

It's easy to advance if you get a #1 or #2 seed every year. That can't happen if you're in the Big Ten...where you have to really battle for it. You shouldn't judge strength-of-conference simply on NCAA Tourney won-loss record...because a #1 seed winning 2 or 3 games is much different than a #6 seed winning 2 or 3 games. Much different. Conferences should be judged on how often they beat higher-seeded teams...which shows that the Big Ten is the best.

Big 10 really needs a National Champion. Just one in the last 30 years. The ACC has 10 over that time, and likely gets an 11th this year.

Just get a championship. Same as the ACC guys are saying.

Beating up on lower seeds is no way to go through life son.

We do a pretty good getting out of the 1st round most years.
Being a 1 seed I'd hope so. I want to know how many Virginia and Carolina butts were clinched yesterday as both teams were down big at one point considering what happened last year? Not that I thought it would happen again, but after it finally happened and it being so fresh. If it were my team, I'd be nearly shitting my pants.

Being a 1 seed I'd hope so. I want to know how many Virginia and Carolina butts were clinched yesterday as both teams were down big at one point considering what happened last year? Not that I thought it would happen again, but after it finally happened and it being so fresh. If it were my team, I'd be nearly shitting my pants.

That’s probably because you have nothing to fall back on in life besides basketball. As a Purdue fan, that has to be rough. I don’t think you have to worry about losing to a 16 seed in the 1st round for a very long time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT