ADVERTISEMENT

Braggin' Rights is back

You play two Top 10 teams a year compared to six or seven.

You are going to put a greater importance on those two.

Still have to win the games but that is who Gonzaga is
A program who puts a greater importance on these early season matchups.
You realize for years, NO ONE would play Gonzaga.....As tiime as went on, turns out losing to Gonzaga ain't all that bad anymore..

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Illinois fans have been dying for a reason to unleash their dormant homerism. I remember when they insisted they were better off with Weber than Self. Good times.

Mark Few is a predator in a little pool of water.

So I look at his success much different than I would if he accomplished it in a major conference

But Gonzaga still has to win those preseason games.
Even though those games are a lot more important to Few and Gonzaga it is still an accomplishment.

They don't have as many chances as say a school in a major conference to earn Quad 1 wins.
WHoa, wait.....The Big East is a MAJOR conference? I mean you don't the past 5 years or so, Gonzaga couldn't compete with...

Villanova

Creighton, Marquette, Butler, Seton Hall, Georgetown, DePaul, UConn , Xavier, Providence, etc, etc...??

Serious? I mean this ain't the BE of then once powers of Syracuse, UConn, Gtown, etc, etc... The Hoyas are not and have not been close to what they were...UConn either....Of course the Cuse has moved on to greener pastures...Creighton is solid---but by no means a team/program Gonzaga could not compete with...Xavier/Butler aren't who they were---Still solid. But again---Not teams Gonzaga could not beat---MOF, Gonzaga probably takes every BE team this year not named Nova or Creighton, to the woodshed.

Big East is a major confernce due to what it was ----Bit for it is(now).

To even insinutate Gonzaga would not compete in the BE is fukin hilarious...Dudes would be 1/2 every year...

Lol Mizzou played well. Illinois is still better. Will continue to improve over the season. We had an off game against a solid opponent.

Mizzou has a solid team this year. They have a lot of experience and that's huge in this crazy year. They are going to be a tough out in the SEC

That group Mizzou is in is deep.
Pretty much the entire conference could be in that Tier 3 group.

I don't know about Tennessee. Haven't seen them. They could be in that Tier 2 group. Possibly even Tier 1 as a Final 4 contender.

But Arkansas, Florida, LSU, Kentucky, S Carolina, ...

Going to be a dogfight for Mizzou and don't see them rising to the top of that

From what we have seen.

Iowa
Michigan State
Wisconsin
Kansas
West Virginia
Texas
Houston

Illinois is in the next group. With Texas Tech , Creighton, Ohio St, Michigan, Virginia and a few others.

Duke isn't a Top 25 team right now

Illinois is going to prove who they are the next month.

This game against Missouri is a good start

Mizzou has a lot to prove
Haha

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
All coaches for the most part have it in their head
The hardest part is having what is in your head happen on the court

Don't see it for Illinois.
I like Underwood as a coach. He could end up staying at Illinois for awhile

Not there yet.
Baylor isn't there yet either. Especially in the frontcourt

They had their way with Illinois

Nothing against Baylor because they have the players to get it there

But they are dodging teams right now
Didn't want to play Texas..

But I think Texas could be better by the end of the year.
Kai Jones could be the best player on the court at the end of the college basketball season.
That is how much upside he has.

All coaches for the most part have it in their head
The hardest part is having what is in your head happen on the court

Don't see it for Illinois.
I like Underwood as a coach. He could end up staying at Illinois for awhile

Not there yet.
Baylor isn't there yet either. Especially in the frontcourt

They had their way with Illinois

Nothing against Baylor because they have the players to get it there

But they are dodging teams right now
Didn't want to play Texas..

But I think Texas could be better by the end of the year.
Kai Jones could be the best player on the court at the end of the college basketball season.
Lol. There it is. Texas will be better than Baylor.

RollLaugh RollLaugh RollLaugh

Illinois can claim that were cheated in this game by the refs, but keep in mind, Mizzou didn’t play with 2 of their best players nearly 80% of the game with Mark Smith and Tilmon in foul trouble because of that same poor officiating.

What? Just a win to look forward to every year. Y’all suck
You guys are down double digits in the series. You're our bitches. After this little run is over, we'll win 5-10 in a row like usual and put you back where you belong.

And the last time the Illini was relevant was when cheating Bill Self was coaching.
We went to a National Championship after Self. Pretty weak attempt. Mizzou beat a superior team. Good for them.

We went to a National Championship after Self. Pretty weak attempt. Mizzou beat a superior team. Good for them.
I know, but wasn’t that team Self’s recruits. That National Championship coach (Weber) that replaced Self was fired couple years later because he couldn’t recruit like cheating Bill Self.

I know, but wasn’t that team Self’s recruits. That National Championship coach (Weber) that replaced Self was fired couple years later because he couldn’t recruit like cheating Bill Self.
That doesn't change the fact that we were relevant 3 years after Self was coach with those recruits.

That doesn't change the fact that we were relevant 3 years after Self was coach with those recruits.
But that was 15 yrs ago.
I think the Illini has a excellent squad and have final 4 talent.
Good luck ...I’ll be rooting for Illinois to win a Big 10 title 😀

It’s ok little guy. It’s ok to hope things will be better in the future. It’s best not to live so far in the past. I imagine it is hard to be owned so hard by Mizzou and have your only defense the accomplishments of dead people. I won’t be giving you any shit after next years game. You also have the Bears who are trending in the right direction. Shame they pasted on PM.
Lol Mizzou likely make the tournament and if they do, they'll lose in the first round. Typical Cuonzo Martinry.

Mizzou played harder, rebounded better, and won at home because of a terrible flagrant foul call and Illinois missing 10+ free throws which would have easily won them the game. We're the better team, and it was blatantly obvious. Came out flat against a bunch of kids playing their super bowl. Probably looked past them tbh. Understandable.

It's really good for Illinois that Cuonzo is doing this. He'll be around for awhile keeping your program mediocre. You have a bunch of Illinois rejects that are butthurt and angry and come out to play their wittle hearts out in their biggest game of the season. We have bigger things to worry about than the little sisters in Missouri.

You're our bitch.

Last edited:
Cuonzo can win his super bowl every year for all I care. The program is irrelevant outside of that.
IlliniFan.jpg

Reactions: nohawks designer

The potential best player in college basketball isn't even starting for his own team? Damn. Texas is going to be toying with every team in America. Not fair.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Jaycg15
That’s it. Get all those tears out. And you’re right, just because your team lost (continues to lose) to Mizzou doesn’t mean your team isn’t better. You could argue that your team has better colors, better locker rooms, etc. And saying that the team that kicks your ass every year sucks and that their your bitch doesn’t make you sounds stupid. Get those tears out now, these loses (frickin refs) don’t mean shit, big things coming, big things.
You're our bitch.

ADVERTISEMENT