ADVERTISEMENT

Brad Stevens to Duke?

giphy.gif

Why would you want to follow K? Even if you win a few titles, some may be underwhelmed or disappointed.

Whereas, you could coach somewhere like, say...Kansas...where you'd still be able to recruit high-caliber players, play in arguably the best venue and be worshiped if you won multiple titles.

Last edited:
The Celtics would have to implode in the next 2-3 years because I think K will hang it up in about 2-3 so the timing would have have to be perfect for it to happen.

More than anything, we need our bagman Capel back to keep the top 5 recruits coming. SmokinSmile

The Celtics would have to implode in the next 2-3 years because I think K will hang it up in about 2-3 so the timing would have have to be perfect for it to happen.

More than anything, we need our bagman Capel back to keep the top 5 recruits coming. SmokinSmile

K’s grandson is coming in next year. The old man hangs it up after he graduates

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha

Well they are doing it already this year so Stevens might be already gone by then

I'm surprised at those predicting K will retire so soon. I figured he had at least 10 years left in the tank.

Reactions: precise02
You don't see too many successful NBA coaches bolt for a college job, but this would be the scenario where it would happen.

Truthfully everything we heard was Stevens loves the NBA and despises recruiting. There’s likely 30+ NBA franchises that would hire him if he leaves Boston.

Reactions: cooljeff
I don’t think Stevens is the next big thing. He’s good, but there seems to be a lot more parity in college basketball, recruiting & coaching. UT is a perfect example.

Stevens > K

I honestly think he will be. Obviously he has a lot to prove since he went from small school to the NBA. Never took a big time college job.

However, one day he will be better. He’s a mastermind as it is now

In the podcast, Chansky says that Stevens said he’d only leave Boston for Dook OR Carolina. Interesting they left that out of the tweet.

Reactions: 829305
Why would you want to follow K? Even if you win a few titles, some may be underwhelmed or disappointed.

Whereas, you could coach somewhere like, say...Kansas...where you'd still be able to recruit high-caliber players, play in arguably the best venue and be worshiped if you won multiple titles.

The Big 12 hurts Kansas. I think that’s why so many good Kansas teams have failed in the tournament. In the ACC you play better competition and you’re involved in big time famed more often. Kansas just feasts on lower caliber teams. Great program though, no doubt about it.

Would be an awesome replacement for K. I just don't see it happening. I think Duke stays with a K protege. Would love to see Bennett-Stevens matchups though.

In the podcast, Chansky says that Stevens said he’d only leave Boston for Dook OR Carolina. Interesting they left that out of the tweet.
Neither will happen so it really doesn't matter. I have a hard time seeing K and Roy not picking their replacement and I doubt they pick someone that never played or coached with them. Also Stevens isn't leaving the NBA.

The Big 12 hurts Kansas. I think that’s why so many good Kansas teams have failed in the tournament. In the ACC you play better competition and you’re involved in big time famed more often. Kansas just feasts on lower caliber teams. Great program though, no doubt about it.
This should end well.

Neither will happen so it really doesn't matter. I have a hard time seeing K and Roy not picking their replacement and I doubt they pick someone that never played or coached with them. Also Stevens isn't leaving the NBA.
Agreed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT