ADVERTISEMENT

Best team to never make it to final 4 and beyond. 2010 Kentucky

It’s hard to take a man seriously who also believes he could kill a wolf with his bare hands.
tenor.gif

Reactions: schoonerwest
What makes you so confident they’d win vs all those teams? Because they beat one of the least talented KU teams of the era?

Because they would have the best player on the court regardless of who they played for starters.

One little thing you left out was the fact that they wasn’t pros at that time, they was just freshman with a couple of upperclassman. I understand the Kentucky hate, it goes along with being the top college basketball team of all time but don’t make it so obvious that it makes you look silly.

I mean Patterson, wall, cousins, and Bledsoe were on nba rosters less than a year later, let’s not talk about this like it was their 8th grade year in middle school. And actually I’m sure a couple were “pros” right after the game, as far as getting agents/loans/etc

But yea 09 UK for sure would be the best team to not get to final four. Ridiculous talent. I mean wall and cousins on the same team, surrounded by 3 others who played in the league.

Kentucky had 8 players that ended up playing in the NBA, including Cousins, Wall, Bledsoe, Patterson, Miller, etc. And was dominated most of that elite 8 game.

I mean yeah WVU was very good that season but it's not like they were senior laden (only 1) and only 1 player to get any NBA time.

Nobody will ever have a team that talented again and Calipari choked. I would still be pissed if I were a Kentucky fan.
Just to make sure the Purdue broken record is accounted for in this thread:

2010 Purdue (pre-Hummel ACL tear) probably should be in the top 10-15 discussion for this topic. Not a bunch of top-line NBA talent, but a really great, experienced college team.

Were 24-3 (12-3)

G - E'Twaun Moore (2-time 1st team All-B1G, 2-time 2nd team)
G - Keaton Grant
G - Chris Kramer (2-time B1G DPOY)
F - Robbie Hummel (3-time 1st team All-B1G, 1-time 3rd team)
C - JaJuan Johnson (1st team AA, B1G POY, B1G DPOY, 2-time 1st team All-B1G)

Reactions: IUfanBorden
There was a PITT team with Blair that was really, really good. 1 seed maybe can't remember who beat them maybe Butler.

EDIT: Blair not on the team I was thinking about 2011. Wannamaker I think was their guy.

1983-84 UNC was the best team to not win the championship.
They had 9 McDonalds AA on the roster.
Michael Jordan
Sam Perkins
Kenny Smith
Brad Daughtery
Joe Wolf
Matt Doherty
Dave Popson
Buzz Peterson
Curtis Hunter

Kenny Smith injury during the season really hurt the team & they never recovered from it.

2010 Purdue (pre-Hummel ACL tear) probably should be in the top 10-15 discussion for this topic. Not a bunch of top-line NBA talent, but a really great, experienced college team.

Were 24-3 (12-3)

G - Keaton Grant
That was a very, very good team. Not 2012 Indiana good. But , nonetheless, very good.Winking

Reactions: CardinalBoiler
I mean Patterson, wall, cousins, and Bledsoe were on nba rosters less than a year later, let’s not talk about this like it was their 8th grade year in middle school. And actually I’m sure a couple were “pros” right after the game, as far as getting agents/loans/etc

Oh ok, because they declared for the draft that means they had already had months and years of NBA coaching and everything else...gotcha! Some of you people and your UK hate makes you look really bad.

Reactions: RunninRichie
1983-84 UNC was the best team to not win the championship.
They had 9 McDonalds AA on the roster.
Michael Jordan
Sam Perkins
Kenny Smith
Brad Daughtery
Joe Wolf
Matt Doherty
Dave Popson
Buzz Peterson
Curtis Hunter

Kenny Smith injury during the season really hurt the team & they never recovered from it.
I recall that team....Seems they ran into a buzzsaw in the SW 16 that year.....:D

Were 24-3 (12-3)

G - Keaton Grant
I'll add that at the time Hummel got hurt, Purdue had won 10 straight, including wins over #16 Wisconsin, @ #10 MSU and @ #9 OSU.

Last edited:

Were 24-3 (12-3)

G - Keaton Grant
Very common topic on this board. 2010 what if’s I mean.

Kentucky
Purdue
Syracuse

All of you get in line behind the overall #1 seed, pre-tournament #1 KenPom rated and 32-2 Kansas Jayhawks.

2018 UVA is a pretty good choice as well. We were 31-2 heading into the NCAA tourney and the #1 overall seed, despite DeAndre Hunter getting injured. The NCAA conspired against us that year.

We went 17-1 in the ACC :)eek:) and won the ACC tournament. It's not like the ACC was some slouch getting 8 teams in the NCAAs.

2018 UVA is a pretty good choice as well. We were 31-2 heading into the NCAA tourney and the #1 overall seed, despite DeAndre Hunter getting injured. The NCAA conspired against us that year.

We went 17-1 in the ACC :)eek:) and won the ACC tournament. It's not like the ACC was some slouch getting 8 teams in the NCAAs.
You need to wait for the thread---"best team to never get out of the 1st round...."

Know your role...:D

Oh ok, because they declared for the draft that means they had already had months and years of NBA coaching and everything else...gotcha! Some of you people and your UK hate makes you look really bad.

You were the one that posted they weren’t pros at the time, when the fact is they were good enough to be pros at the time bc they got drafted a few months later. Why would they need years of nba coaching when they had the great developer for 6 months.

You were the one that posted they weren’t pros at the time, when the fact is they were good enough to be pros at the time bc they got drafted a few months later. Why would they need years of nba coaching when they had the great developer for 6 months.

Because 6 months isn’t long enough. When they’re in college they have class and everything else. When they are pros they wake up and can go to the gym all day. It’s just different! Look at Jordan, really good college player but look what happen when he got to the NBA and could work on his game all day every day!

Last edited:
My statement is no different than your statement, dude. Kansas has choked historically in the NCAAT. Its why you only have three titles. And to say Indiana wasn't on anyones radar in 2012, is an uneducated statement.

2012 Odds to win NCAAT:

Here is the complete list of odds to win the 2012 NCAA tournament:

Kentucky 2/1
North Carolina 6/1
Ohio State 8/1
Michigan State 10/1
Syracuse 12/1
Kansas 12/1
Missouri 12/1
Duke 20/1
Marquette 30/1
Louisville 30/1
Florida State 40/1
Baylor 40/1
Vanderbilt 40/1
Wichita State 40/1
Georgetown 50/1
Wisconsin 60/1
Indiana 60/1

In other words, IU was the 10th best bet, to win the title.
That team was playing really good basketball to close the year----Won 9 of 11. Had wins over the # 1 and #2 teams that year: UK and OSU. Seeing how they played UK in the SW 16, I don't think its being a homer to say had they been anywhere but that region, that they could have/would have, went to the FF. I mean dude, 2 of the 4 teams in the FF, Indiana beat: OSU and UK..

Is it a given? Of course not. Kansas proves that almost every year...Laughing
Apparently hell has just frozen over........................................

I've "Liked" an IU fan's post 3 times in this thread so far.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Apparently hell has just frozen over........................................

I've "Liked" an IU fan's post 3 times in this thread so far.
Indiana, Louisville and Kentucky fans on here like to pretend like they have the most hatred but generally they all suck each other’s dicks when topics come up about other programs and where they stand in relation to those 3.

Reactions: Quavarius
Indiana, Louisville and Kentucky fans on here like to pretend like they have the most hatred but generally they all suck each other’s dicks when topics come up about other programs and where they stand in relation to those 3.
Really? Okey dokey dude, whatever you say, although I was just having a little fun while sitting at work.

Fwiw, IU is, BY FAR, my most hated team, with UL second.

Really? Okey dokey dude, whatever you say, although I was just having a little fun while sitting at work.

Fwiw, IU is, BY FAR, my most hated team, with UL second.
Heh. I believe you. My research is limited to just their fans on this board and it really isn't even research. Just an observation. ;)

Heh. I believe you. My research is limited to just their fans on this board and it really isn't even research. Just an observation. ;)
Gotcha. I don't venture over to this board all that often so you would know the regulars better than I.

IU FANBORDEN seems like a good dude.....for an IU fan that is.:)

Because 6 months isn’t long enough. When they’re in college they have class and everything else. When they are pros they wake up and can go to the gym all day. It’s just different! Look at Jordan, really good college player but look what happen when he got to the NBA and could work on his game all day every day!
I’ll give this a like because you used a UNC player as an example of a player that couldn’t work on his game because of class.

I’ll give this a like because you used a UNC player as an example of a player that couldn’t work on his game because of class.

I was talking about DeAndre Jordan! Somebody’s feeling guilty about some fake classes!:D

Considering I got kicked out of a thread for stating my opinion, even including my favorite team in that opinion, means someone got butt hurt.
You should be grateful for the leeway they're giving you IMO.

Regroup,rethink priorities and come back. You clearly know UK basketball and can talk basketball with all of us. Make jokes, have fun, you're smart aren't you?

I'd suck as a mod.

tumblr_nmgchiT6mF1qcr8rxo2_500.gifv

Reactions: Scotty00
ADVERTISEMENT