ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball blue bloods

Those music city bowls keep stacking up.. maybe you’ll get another one this year.

Fact is we know we aren’t good this year. You guys are just praying to god you keep this streak up and not blow it like you usually do.

Those music city bowls keep stacking up.. maybe you’ll get another one this year.

Fact is we know we aren’t good this year. You guys are just praying to god you keep this streak up and not blow it like you usually do.
Meh, I don't refer to it as "we" since I'm not part of the team and my fan hood makes no damn difference in the on-field results.

Pfft, either way it sure as hell won't be as bad as 2016 when UK (a 28-point dog) beat Louisville. Same year Jackson won the Heisman.
Meh---IDK, man. If things continue as they are, UK very well coould be a huge, huge favorite, with a Heisman candidate of their own. Be in line for a huge Bowl, i.e. Orange, Sugar, etc, etc...I'd just be careful....

Meh---IDK, man. If things continue as they are, UK very well coould be a huge, huge favorite, with a Heisman candidate of their own. Be in line for a huge Bowl, i.e. Orange, Sugar, etc, etc...I'd just be careful....
4Git.gif

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Louisville snatches defeat from the jaws of victory. Spiraling for sure. Laughing
I was umpiring all day. A few UL fans were in the stands....I suddenly hear one say---"You gotta be ****ing kidding me"--Quite loud. It was funny. And yes, they are not in a good place. Seeming more and more that I was just falt out wrong.

I was umpiring all day. A few UL fans were in the stands....I suddenly hear one say---"You gotta be ****ing kidding me"--Quite loud. It was funny. And yes, they are not in a good place. Seeming more and more that I was just falt out wrong.
They had a chance to run out the clock and decided to throw it on first down. Got picked and FSU made an easy game-winning drive out of it.

Reactions: JC for 3

i hate to do this Winking
BUT I TOLD YOU SO :p

Strong built a good foundation
Petrino has slowly eroded it

That’s how they racked up all those basketball wins....by playing in a football conference.

This has always seemed to me to be a lazy argument. The SEC is not the worst basketball conference by a large margin. It usually falls between 2-5 depending on the year in question. The sec is a really good basketball league and it's tough to win in it. It's also far out produced the BIG12, PAC12, and BIG10.

We cant be the best in everything, and we're certainly not the worst in basketball.

It's just something people say and it sounds good. It's just not true.

This has always seemed to me to be a lazy argument. The SEC is not the worst basketball conference by a large margin. It usually falls between 2-5 depending on the year in question. The sec is a really good basketball league and it's tough to win in it. It's also far out produced the BIG12, PAC12, and BIG10.

We cant be the best in everything, and we're certainly not the worst in basketball.

It's just something people say and it sounds good. It's just not true.
Meh...Its good now. But not oin the early years. It was pretty bad. I mean UK leads some series by 100 games. Some are like 90-12. The conference has had some stretches where it was pretty good. But overall, and historically, it hasn;t been. Now with that being said for the most part UK has always been good. And I think its safe to say they would have been successful in any conference. Just not the domination they have experienced in the SEC.

i hate to do this Winking
BUT I TOLD YOU SO :p

Strong built a good foundation
Petrino has slowly eroded it
Meh....Its certainly getting there. But the season is still youmg. A tough, tough loss to FSU. But yes, its getting there.

Meh....Its certainly getting there. But the season is still youmg. A tough, tough loss to FSU. But yes, its getting there.
It's not loking good and Petrino is starting to get exposed as a poor in game coach, player developer and recruiter.
Jackson covered up a lot of his errors.
I can't believe how bad the coaching decisions were in that game last night that caused UL to lose to such a bad team in such an embarrassing way. Ouch

Meh...Its good now. But not oin the early years. It was pretty bad. I mean UK leads some series by 100 games. Some are like 90-12. The conference has had some stretches where it was pretty good. But overall, and historically, it hasn;t been. Now with that being said for the most part UK has always been good. And I think its safe to say they would have been successful in any conference. Just not the domination they have experienced in the SEC.

We’ve had plenty of teams win titles and make final fours.

How about the PAC? How about the BIG10? How about the BIG12?

Yes, it’s a lazy and popular thing to say, mainly because football is so dominant, but it’s not true. Kentucky dominated because Kentucky dominates. It wouldn’t have been different in many other leagues including the BIG10.

It’s not UK’s fault that UNC can’t keep their in state rival in the cellar and created a juggernaut in their conference. Send Louisville to the SEC and it’ll be worse than it is now.

The SEC, relative to other P5 conferences, is one of the best. And the historical achievements prove it.

But yay to you and your feeling.

Is anyone here concerned about football taking away from basketball attendance?

Last edited:
That Louisville run defense really stepped up tonight, only gave up around 550 yards. The few fans that stuck around are getting vicious.

Last edited:
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
530+ yards rushing allowed!
A school record Louisville probably didn't want to set, 542 yards according to the ESPN box score. 8 players with at least 25 rushing yards. Benny Snell is salivating at the thought of wrapping up his Heisman campaign against that run defense. Laughing

A school record Louisville probably didn't want to set, 542 yards according to the ESPN box score. 8 players with at least 25 rushing yards. Benny Snell is salivating at the thought of wrapping up his Heisman campaign against that run defense. Laughing
With UK football luck, UL is going to luck out.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
It was a bit tongue in cheek. I know Benny won't sniff the Heisman, no matter what he does. You're also right, I'm sure they'll find a way to choke against Louisville. It's the UK football way.
Instead of Kentucky Wildcats, we should be the Unlucky Wildcats.

I just made that up.

Real talk. Luck has never been on UK's side.Earned not given.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
If you had a football round robin between the basketball blue bloods, who’d be the best?

1) Duke
2) UCLA
3A) Kentucky
3B) Indiana
5) North Carolina
6) Kansas
Mid season change up
1A) Kentucky
1B) Duke
3) Indiana
4) Kansas
5) North Carolina