ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball blue bloods

Weird...His first year at Arkansas, he was 5-7. Last year there he went 11-2. So I guess he inherited a bunch of freshman/soph's, who got better?

At UL(first time) he went 9-4 year one....Last season there he went 12-1 and won the Orange Bowl.
Second time around. has been up and down.

Point is, its not like his record gets worse, as his tenure goes on. It's actually gotten better. I mean did he not recruit while at UL? Are you saying none of the guys he brought in contributed?

Petrino is an excellent play caller. Really, really good offensive mind. I don't like him. But I'd take him at IU, yesterday.

for you to be involved in sports sometimes you really have no clue (maybe you do and just want to argue)
FB unlike BB needs 4th and 5th years seniors as a core
so unless a coach stays 6 years they are primarily using another coaches recruits

Most kitty fans were crying about Stoops last year, now y’all love him. The Sec east is somewhat of a joke, but two solid wins after going years without bowl wins or even bowl invites, I can see why some are excited.
the SEC east would dominate the ACC

for you to be involved in sports sometimes you really have no clue (maybe you do and just want to argue)
FB unlike BB needs 4th and 5th years seniors as a core
so unless a coach stays 6 years they are primarily using another coaches recruits
I understand things just fine.. Sooooooooooooo, does that mean that Saban owes his first two titles to Mike Shula? Does Stoops owe his only two winning seasons to Joker? I mean according to your logic, both won with primarily another coaches kids.

Coming from an IU fan. They're even more of a doormat than UK football. RollLaugh
We suck. Still doesn't change anything.

Edit: Fun fact. IU and UK hold the record for consecutive years outside of the final AP Poll; 1988 for both.

We suck. Still doesn't change anything.

Edit: Fun fact. IU and UK hold the record for consecutive years outside of the final AP Poll; 1988 for both.
Right, still doesn't change what I've been talking about the whole time, which is THIS season. You just like to argue for the sake of argument. It's like you're a woman. :eek:Laughing

That’s because the ACC is a basketball conference & the SEC is a football conference. Always has been, always will be.
Yet the Sec East isn’t that great. The West is good no doubt, but the East is mediocre.

Right, still doesn't change what I've been talking about the whole time, which is THIS season. You just like to argue for the sake of argument. It's like you're a woman. :eek:Laughing
I'm not arguing...I just pointed out a fact. I mean I find it funny you made fun of a team(UVA) that last went to a bowl game the same time as UK. In other words, a UK fan making fun of another football program, is like ME, and IU fan, doing the same. Its, well....funny.

Lighten up.

Reactions: uncfan in ky
Dominate? Lol no. Sec East is on par if not not worse than the Acc. We have Clemson, you have Georgia, huge fall off after that.
Huge fall off after Georgia? Have you looked at what the ACC has beyond Clemson? I'll take UK, USCjr, Missouri and Florida over anything the ACC has after Clemson.

I'm not arguing...I just pointed out a fact. I mean I find it funny you made fun of a team(UVA) that last went to a bowl game the same time as UK. In other words, a UK fan making fun of another football program, is like ME, and IU fan, doing the same. Its, well....funny.

Lighten up.
Shhhh, they finally won a game against a team they’ve been trying to beat for over 30 years. I recall us beating Florida in the Sugar bowl just 5 years ago..

Yet the Sec East isn’t that great. The West is good no doubt, but the East is mediocre.
College football is damn joke. When a team can be one of the 4 to play for a national championship & not even win their conference, it’s ridiculous.
Till they go to at least a 16 team tournament, I won’t waste my time with it.
Ill follow UNC & support them but I don’t really get into it because it’s always the same teams every year.

Reactions: UL_1986
Huge fall off after Georgia? Have you looked at what tge ACC has beyond Clemson? I'll take UK, USCjr, Missouri and Florida over anything the ACC has after Clemson.
Those aren’t that great of teams. That’s like comparing two turds.

Those aren’t that great of teams. That’s like comparing two turds.
The problem is ACC teams beyond Clemson, cuse and Miami have embarrassed themselves.
I mean look what just happened to Va Tech. Nobody in the SEC east has lost like to bad teams like the ACC has.
Didn't BC just lose to an unranked team too? Look at Florida state.
At least everyone in the SEC east is good. Heck, Vandy damn near won at Notre Dame.

Reactions: JC for 3
I guess they were Preseason top 10 because of their name?
They lost to a good LSU team in their 1st game.
Who have they beaten? They lost they only tough game they played and they were favored in that LSU game.

Who tf has South Carolina beaten? Coastal and Vandy...lol
Mizzou hasn't beaten anyone worth a ****.
But they also haven't lost to bad teams either.
The ACC has some pretty bad losses, show me a bad loss from any SEC team.

We're like 3-4 games in, it's hard to gauge how good any team really is this early.
Still doesn't take the facts away. Old Dominion beat what was the 2nd or 3rd best team in the ACC, Samford almost beat FSU, BC was ranked and got smoked at 0-3 Purdon't and nobody has done anything all that spectacular.
I get it, you want to defend the ACC, but, like UK fans had to do for so many years, sometimes you have to admit your conference just sucks.
But what's worse for you is the SEC might actually be the best basketball conference this year too. I know you'll fight me on that, but it's a real possibility.

Still doesn't take the facts away. Old Dominion beat what was the 2nd or 3rd best team in the ACC, Samford almost beat FSU, BC was ranked and got smoked at 0-3 Purdon't and nobody has done anything all that spectacular.
I get it, you want to defend the ACC, but, like UK fans had to do for so many years, sometimes you have to admit your conference just sucks.
But what's worse for you is the SEC might actually be the best basketball conference this year too. I know you'll fight me on that, but it's a real possibility.
Acc is on par with Sec East to me in my opinion. Maybe a little worse but not much. As for your last statement. Nah. Acc is the best conference in cbb. Sec is top 4, but the best?! No way.

Reactions: uncfan in ky
Acc is on par with Sec East to me in my opinion. Maybe a little worse but not much. As for your last statement. Nah. Acc is the best conference in cbb. Sec is top 4, but the best?! No way.
That’s how they racked up all those basketball wins....by playing in a football conference.

Reactions: UL_1986
That’s how they racked up all those basketball wins....by playing in a football conference.
Just because it was down for a stretch doesn't mean it was like that for it's entire history.
Once K and Roy retire, the ACC will take a step back for a while.
Without those two programs there really isn't anything all that great. Those two programs would even make the PAC12 look great, but that eventually will come to an end.

Lol the best conference next year. That was funny.
You're just showing your ignorance or just plain lack of knowledge. Have it your way.
Either way, the ACC won't be counting on UL for anything this year, so I don't know what you're puffing your chest out for. UL has done nothing but ride the ACC's coat tails since it got there.

Just because it was down for a stretch doesn't mean it was like that for it's entire history.
Once K and Roy retire, the ACC will take a step back for a while.
Without those two programs there really isn't anything all that great. Those two programs would even make the PAC12 look great, but that eventually will come to an end.
I can’t & wont speak for Dook but I promise you, Carolina isn’t going anywhere.

I'll agree, it's close, but the SEC East is better just simply because it doesn't have any bad losses.

ADVERTISEMENT