ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball blue bloods

Lose Snell- you got Rose, Smoke and Rodriguez
Lose Bunchie- You have Landon Young coming back, although I'm not sure if he was a guard or could play there. Fortner, Jackson, Darrian Kinnard, Nassir Watkins, EJ Price, Logan Stenberg, Mason Wolfe... should all be back.
Lose Conrad- Justin Rigg will need to step up here
Lose Bouvier & Baker- You still have Bowden back and Zi'are Hughes, Tae Tae Crumes, DeMarcus Harris and possibly Devonta Lee. (Along with the 6'7 dude that transferred to UK after playing Hoops at Iowa)

Not sure about giving up on Wilson. This year of experience could prove to be really big for him. Aside from Bowden, Bouvier and Conrad, there weren't too many options that he could trust.
Wilson will never be the passer they need him to be, just not going to happen. It's obviously not in his DNA. He is not a "dual threat" QB, he's a glorified running back. I'm glad they got Richardson back but they need someone to throw him the ball.

...you really think he's OAD? I'm not convinced yet.
He could work his way into the 1st round, potentially. If you listen to his interviews from when he committed he also referred to Kentucky's one-and-dones quite a bit, specifically Booker. If the opportunity is there, even if he's not really ready, I think he'll take it.

Defense should still be fairly stout up front although they need to replace Allen and virtually the entire secondary. I don't see a way that the offense is worth a shit though. Losing Snell, Bunchie, Conrad, Bouvier, Baker, etc from an already very stagnant offense is going to be ugly. Unless they plan to bring in some grad transfers and find an ample replacement for Wilson I could see them being the worst offense in the SEC. Bowden can't do it all himself. Wilson at QB is nothing but a dead end.
I kinda like what I see out of AJ Rose though. We might be okay In the backfield.
Terry needs to get better at throwing the ball though.

He could work his way into the 1st round, potentially. If you listen to his interviews from when he committed he also referred to Kentucky's one-and-dones quite a bit, specifically Booker. If the opportunity is there, even if he's not really ready, I think he'll take it.
Very few of these kids that leave early are truly ready.
Herro is better prepared than most of them, he doesn't have an NBA body (neither did/does Steph Curry) but he can shoot and he's got a high basketBall IQ. He gone.
It cracks me up when I read UK fans post about all the UK players that are going to return next year. Well 1, it's early January, these kids are going to be 5 times better in April than they are now and 2, have we learned nothing the last 10 years?
To me, you have to assume none of these players return. That's just how it's been under Cal.

I kinda like what I see out of AJ Rose though. We might be okay In the backfield.
Terry needs to get better at throwing the ball though.

I like AJ, but its the wrong offense for him. I hope they make some serious adjustments on the O side.

Wilson will never be the passer they need him to be, just not going to happen. It's obviously not in his DNA. He is not a "dual threat" QB, he's a glorified running back. I'm glad they got Richardson back but they need someone to throw him the ball.

He's terrible on drop back passes. Has no feel for a rush, and his footwork is awful. He's a play action type of QB. He has an ok arm though.

I like AJ, but its the wrong offense for him. I hope they make some serious adjustments on the O side.
Is Eddie Gran's offense right for anyone? The play calling is more of a head scratcher to me than anything.
But I've seen AJ perform very well in the games he was able to play more than a few snaps.

ADVERTISEMENT