ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball blue bloods

rockycard

Jan 8, 2007
If you had a football round robin between the basketball blue bloods, who’d be the best?

1) Duke
2) UCLA
3A) Kentucky
3B) Indiana
5) North Carolina
6) Kansas

Reactions: wrbchWolfPack81
I don’t think we are very good. Still going to get drunk as hell for the game tonight.
We play CMU right now. We will see how bad they take it to us. We are at rock bottom.....still.

C'mon bruh, UK is better than freakin' IU. Kansas is currently one of the worst D-1 programs ever. I think a handful of high school teams could beat them, and Nicholls isn't far off. It was nice of Kansas to pay a FCS school a bunch of money to come beat them at their place though. Duke is pretty decent, but Duke fans don't know that because they are ND football fans. :D UCLA also got smacked around by Cincinnati @ UCLA, and UC sucks.

C'mon bruh, UK is better than freakin' IU. Kansas is currently one of the worst D-1 programs ever. I think a handful of high school teams could beat them, and Nicholls isn't far off. It was nice of Kansas to pay a FCS school a bunch of money to come beat them at their place though. Duke is pretty decent, but Duke fans don't know that because they are ND football fans. :D UCLA also got smacked around by Cincinnati @ UCLA, and UC sucks.
Kansas is having a much easier time with a bad CMU team than Kentucky did.

UK dominated that game. It was a 4-0 turnover differential that even kept CMU close.
True. Somewhat. UK's offense was terrible for most the game; Especially with Wilson. At one point UK trailed 17-7. Yes that was due to turnovers. But it was also due to UK not being able to move the ball.
A game that's 21-20 heading into the 4th quarter, is exactly that: A 21-20 game. Dominating, or not, UK was very inept offensively. Lucky for them, CMU was just as bad.

That won't be the case tonight.

True. Somewhat. UK's offense was terrible for most the game; Especially with Wilson. At one point UK trailed 17-7. Yes that was due to turnovers. But it was also due to UK not being able to move the ball.
A game that's 21-20 heading into the 4th quarter, is exactly that: A 21-20 game. Dominating, or not, UK was very inept offensively. Lucky for them, CMU was just as bad.

That won't be the case tonight.
It didn't say UK was any good. I was simply indicating to people that obviously didn't watch the game that the score wasn't indicative of who controlled the game. Kansas won the turnover battle 6-0 today, so a difference of 10 total compared to what UK did. UK still had more total yards and held the CMU offense to less total yards than Kansas did.

It didn't say UK was any good. I was simply indicating to people that obviously didn't watch the game that the score wasn't indicative of who controlled the game. Kansas won the turnover battle 6-0 today, so a difference of 10 total compared to what UK did. UK still had more total yards and held the CMU offense to less total yards than Kansas did.
Didn't say you did. Kentucky did dominate; close to 3;1 on first downs....300+ more yards? I'd have to look it up. But it wasn't AS close, as the score shows. But it doesn't separate them either.

Really, I don't care. Just felt like talking...Laughing

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Didn't say you did. Kentucky did dominate; close to 3;1 on first downs....300+ more yards? I'd have to look it up. But it wasn't AS close, as the score shows. But it doesn't separate them either.

Really, I don't care. Just felt like talking...Laughing
I'm just hoping they can cover that 14-point spread against Florida today and under 51. Laughing

Reactions: IUfanBorden
I'm just hoping they can cover that 14-point spread against Florida today and under 51. Laughing
Its only 14? Really?

Good luck with both..:eek:

BUT....I think three of past 4 games vs Florida, UK has been within 6 points. SO there is that.

Yeah, but they have a new coach and y’all still have Stoops. :D
cpgpl.png

Reactions: C*A*T*S
Wouldn’t come close to trading coaches with ya, even though your fans would in a heartbeat. Winking
Spurned the Cards once and had to come crawling back after nobody else wanted him and you guys welcomed him back with open arms. PLAYED then and still getting played by him. RollLaugh

Spurned the Cards once and had to come crawling back after nobody else wanted him and you guys welcomed him back with open arms. PLAYED then and still getting played by him. RollLaugh
Your fanbase wanted him, and was pissed when Barnhart didn’t try to get him. Spin it any other way and you’d be lying.

I'm sure some did, but LOL at you trying to speak for an entire fan base. RollLaugh
To be fair, I think a HUGE portion of BBN would take Petrino over Stoops. Like him or not, Petrino can coach; especially offensively. He'd win at UK. Especially with the talent Stoops brings in.

To be fair, I think a HUGE portion of BBN would take Petrino over Stoops. Like him or not, Petrino can coach; especially offensively. He'd win at UK. Especially with the talent Stoops brings in.
Well yeah, he can coach, but the reason he ended up at Western freakin' Kentucky is because of who he is as a person. He also doesn't have an ounce of loyalty toward anyone or any program.

Well yeah, he can coach, but the reason he ended up at Western freakin' Kentucky is because of who he is as a person. He also doesn't have an ounce of loyalty toward anyone or any program.
I cant disagree with any of this. STILL, if given the choice, I'd say a large majority of BBN would take Petrino(over Stoops). If football were THAT important to me...I'd take him at IU.

I cant disagree with any of this. STILL, if given the choice, I'd say a large majority of BBN would take Petrino(over Stoops). If football were THAT important to me...I'd take him at IU.
Sure, if people want to win at all costs, no matter if it means hiring someone like that, I'd say you're right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT