ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball blue bloods

A whole whole lot of UK fans absolutely didn’t want Petrino over Stoops. The opportunity was there for sure. A lot did but a lot didn’t.

we had a few on the message boards that wanted him but most did not want him
he is a proven liar, not only did he lie to UL he also lied to the Falcons and Arkansas

at the time i was surprised UL lowered themselves down that low to hire him

He played decent against Bama, last night the pouring rain was his issue. Cunningham is going to be getting more playing time, just to mix it up with his athletic abilities....and Pass isn’t a slouch running, he just doesn’t have the extra gear.

UL has looked pretty bad in their first two games
Lamar is not walking through that door

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I remember you saying that about Teddy. Lol

no you don't, quit making things up
now if you want to go into why UL continued to pay Clint Hurt after the NCAA gave him a "show cause" punishment, then we can have that discussion
the announcers were right last year
it was just Lamar and a bunch of dudes

The way the Ravens used Lamar in last night's game is Exhibit A to what's been said about how much UofLOL had to simplify the playbook for him.

Reactions: C*A*T*S
no you don't, quit making things up
now if you want to go into why UL continued to pay Clint Hurt after the NCAA gave him a "show cause" punishment, then we can have that discussion
the announcers were right last year
it was just Lamar and a bunch of dudes
Did Lamar hold your squad to 17 points? Or are y’all Bennie and a bunch of micro dudes?

Reactions: UL_1986
Now we’re picking different seasons? Lol

honestly is that the best you could come up with?
dang it rocky you used to be much better at this
is old age getting to you?
i miss the old rocky that every-now-and-then could actually come up with something witty
i fear the time may have come to put you out to pasture

honestly is that the best you could come up with?
dang it rocky you used to be much better at this
is old age getting to you?
i miss the old rocky that every-now-and-then could actually come up with something witty
i fear the time may have come to put you out to pasture

Being a half-wit, Rocky isn't going to provide you with much 'witty' content.

Reactions: C*A*T*S
Being a half-wit, Rocky isn't going to provide you with much 'witty' content.

don't be too hard on rocky
one would have to think that the strain (shame) of UL basketball and then the fact that their football team is spiraling downward is just more than he can bare
all he has left is women's basketball

one would have to think that the strain (shame) of UL basketball and then the fact that their football team is spiraling downward is just more than he can bare

....and I knew the women's coach during his time at NKU. Played on a beer league softball team with him too. Quite the character, that guy.

JUst curious...How is UL spiraling downward? So they lost to Alabama 51-14. Hate to tell ya, but a lot of teams are gonna lose to those dudes by those types of scores. Bama is scary, ass good. I know they only beat ISU 31-7. But seesh...That game was played in 14 feet of water. Delayed for quite some time. I know UL isn't as good. But i mean, they did lose a Heisman winner. Guess I'm on the outside here...But I think UL's gonna be pretty good by years end. Don't put to much into their first two games. Especially the game vs Bama.

JUst curious...How is UL spiraling downward? So they lost to Alabama 51-14. Hate to tell ya, but a lot of teams are gonna lose to those dudes by those types of scores. Bama is scary, ass good. I know they only beat ISU 31-7. But seesh...That game was played in 14 feet of water. Delayed for quite some time. I know UL isn't as good. But i mean, they did lose a Heisman winner. Guess I'm on the outside here...But I think UL's gonna be pretty good by years end. Don't put to much into their first two games. Especially the game vs Bama.

hmmmm

Hmmm, what? I asked a question. What is it that makes you feel UL is spiraling downward(in football)?

i know your eyes are bad being a ref and all, but did you not read your own words, i was nice enough to put them in bold for you so you could see them

name me one area that UL is better or at least as good as they have been the last 3 years
they peaked two years ago (actually the last 3 games of that year)
i know you love to argue with anything a UK fan says but even you are smart enough to see that they are spiraling on a downward trend

a UL fan posted this on the UL FB board

There have been few expectations exceeded since and including the game with Houston in 2016.
Since then:

0-3 2016 (with Lamar)
8-5 2017 (with Lamar)
1-1 2018

Tough for Cardinals fans.

In that span,

4-4 vs the ACC
1-4 vs the SEC
1-0 vs the B1G
0-1 vs the AAC
3-0 vs All the Little Sisters (Murray State, Kent State, Indiana State)

i know your eyes are bad being a ref and all, but did you not read your own words, i was nice enough to put them in bold for you so you could see them

name me one area that UL is better or at least as good as they have been the last 3 years
they peaked two years ago (actually the last 3 games of that year)
i know you love to argue with anything a UK fan says but even you are smart enough to see that they are spiraling on a downward trend

a UL fan posted this on the UL FB board

There have been few expectations exceeded since and including the game with Houston in 2016.
Since then:

0-3 2016 (with Lamar)
8-5 2017 (with Lamar)
1-1 2018

Tough for Cardinals fans.

In that span,

4-4 vs the ACC
1-4 vs the SEC
1-0 vs the B1G
0-1 vs the AAC
3-0 vs All the Little Sisters (Murray State, Kent State, Indiana State)
Ok. But of course you had to add the dramatics of "spiraling". I mean 100's of teams fit this description. I don't follow UL that much. I just watch. They didn't look awful vs Alabama. Alabama is just that good. Like, real, real good. Like gooder than everyone else---By a lot.
Indiana State game is a wash; Yes, pun intended. Cant take much away form a game played in a monsoon, that was delayed for hours.

Just from what I have seen, I think they have an opportunity to be pretty good. Just an opinion. I certainly don't think they are "spiraling". That insinuates a drastic, catastrophic type of decline. I just dont see it that way.

Ok. But of course you had to add the dramatics of "spiraling". I mean 100's of teams fit this description. I don't follow UL that much. I just watch. They didn't look awful vs Alabama. Alabama is just that good. Like, real, real good. Like gooder than everyone else---By a lot.
Indiana State game is a wash; Yes, pun intended. Cant take much away form a game played in a monsoon, that was delayed for hours.

Just from what I have seen, I think they have an opportunity to be pretty good. Just an opinion. I certainly don't think they are "spiraling". That insinuates a drastic, catastrophic type of decline. I just dont see it that way.

the stats the UL fan posted do not lie

Never said they did. They also don't support a "spiraling downfall".

typical ref, you just can't admit when you are wrong Winking

remember most teams only play 12-13 games a year so if you add a couple of loses a year for a couple of years then you are indeed spiraling down

they went from having their hopes on playing for the championship to 3 straight loses (one of them being UK)
then the next year 8-5
what do you think their record will be this year

remember most teams only play 12-13 games a year so if you add a couple of loses a year for a couple of years then you are indeed spiraling down

they went from having their hopes on playing for the championship to 3 straight loses (one of them being UK)
then the next year 8-5

then the next year 8-5
Meh, I could be wrong. Just don't see any evidence of some dramatic drop. Sure trending downward. But spiraling? Meh...Not really. Guess its all in how you interpret.

Not sure about their record. ACC seems a tad down. Their schedule isn't that bad. I think they could win 8-9 games. I mean they have FSU and UK, at home. Two toughest outside of..........THis game: Certainly a loss is coming @ Clemson. They have Ga Tech, WF and NCSU at home. SO there schedule is very favorable. I mean outside of the Clemson game, all are winnable games. Very winnable.

Meh, I could be wrong. Just don't see any evidence of some dramatic drop. Sure trending downward. But spiraling? Meh...Not really. Guess its all in how you interpret.

Not sure about their record. ACC seems a tad down. Their schedule isn't that bad. I think they could win 8-9 games. I mean they have FSU and UK, at home. Two toughest outside of..........THis game: Certainly a loss is coming @ Clemson. They have Ga Tech, WF and NCSU at home. SO there schedule is very favorable. I mean outside of the Clemson game, all are winnable games. Very winnable.

they will be lucky to make a bowl game
UK is a better team then UL
FSU has the talent to get things worked out

even if they would somehow get lucky and say win 8 games their talent level is still way down
the future is not bright for UL FB
go look at their last four recruiting classes

they will be lucky to make a bowl game
UK is a better team then UL
FSU has the talent to get things worked out

even if they would somehow get lucky and say win 8 games their talent level is still way down
the future is not bright for UL FB
go look at their last four recruiting classes
You do realize that to an extent, you are complimenting UL---right? I mean if UK(or IU) were to win 8+ games, for multiple years, we'd throw a party. But more is expected at UL So to an extent you're actually treating UL with some respect.

JMO...

And a lot can change between now and when UL/UK play. I'd agree UK looks better. But lets not forget that UK is just a couple weeks removed from looking like shit, vs CMU. College sports are weird, man. Right now I'd take UK. But 2 months from now, at Cardinal Stadium? Meh...dunno. Long ways away.

Lucky to make a bowl? Meh, not really. Their schedule is very favorable. WKU, WF, NCSU and GaTech at home. Win those, and they are bowl eligible. Games at BC and UVA are quite winnable. Then of course they have UK and FSU at home.. I don't think its to far fetched they make a bowl.

You do realize that to an extent, you are complimenting UL---right? I mean if UK(or IU) were to win 8+ games, for multiple years, we'd throw a party. But more is expected at UL So to an extent you're actually treating UL with some respect.

JMO...

And a lot can change between now and when UL/UK play. I'd agree UK looks better. But lets not forget that UK is just a couple weeks removed from looking like shit, vs CMU. College sports are weird, man. Right now I'd take UK. But 2 months from now, at Cardinal Stadium? Meh...dunno. Long ways away.

Lucky to make a bowl? Meh, not really. Their schedule is very favorable. WKU, WF, NCSU and GaTech at home. Win those, and they are bowl eligible. Games at BC and UVA are quite winnable. Then of course they have UK and FSU at home.. I don't think its to far fetched they make a bowl.

my point was never to disrespect UL
just being honest on the direction their team is heading
BTW they will not win 8 games unless the ACC absolutely sucks
they would have a losing conference record in both the SEC and B10

the stats the UL fan posted do not lie
You sure are OBSESSED with Louisville.

....the great Kentucky coach (Stoops)

Against
ACC 1-5
B1G 0-1
CUSA 1-2

We’ll never spiral that far down. Lol

Last edited:
You sure are OBSESSED with Louisville.

....the great Kentucky coach (Stoops)

Against
ACC 1-5
B1G 0-1
CUSA 1-2

We’ll never spiral that far down. Lol

we have never been delusional about our football team like you and a lot of UL fans have been
UL was nothing but a paper tiger

your team has very little major conference level talent, your coach has sucked the last two years
so yea UL is spiraling down

your coach has always had more success when using another coaches recruits, what is his record after all or most of the previous coaches recruits are gone

we have never been delusional about our football team like you and a lot of UL fans have been
UL was nothing but a paper tiger

your team has very little major conference level talent, your coach has sucked the last two years
so yea UL is spiraling down

your coach has always had more success when using another coaches recruits, what is his record after all or most of the previous coaches recruits are gone
You aren’t that stupid are you? Petrino built Arkansas from garbage to a top ten team, but don’t go by facts, it isn’t your thing.

Google is your friend, you look it up.
Okay, I'll do your work for you.
But it took me a while to get past all his scandal stuff before I could get to his football records.

But what I uncovered was that you, again, threw sh*t at the wall hoping it sticks. You never even looked to see if what you said was true.

Truth is Arkansas was a very good football program before Petrino got there. He didn't rebuild squat.

Houston Nutt rebuilt the program before BP got there. Bobby Petrino was there from 2008-2011. Arkansas went 10-4 in 2006 and 8-5 in 07. Keep in mind, they play in the SEC West.

But in Bobby's first season they went 5-7. Went 2-14 in 09, then righted his own ship in 2010 by going 10-3. He went 11-2 in 2011 before he was uncovered for the slimeball he is.

Bottom line is Arkansas was a very good football program before Bobby got there.

Okay, I'll do your work for you.
But it took me a while to get past all his scandal stuff before I could get to his football records.

But what I uncovered was that you, again, threw sh*t at the wall hoping it sticks. You never even looked to see if what you said was true.

Truth is Arkansas was a very good football program before Petrino got there. He didn't rebuild squat.

Houston Nutt rebuilt the program before BP got there. Bobby Petrino was there from 2008-2011. Arkansas went 10-4 in 2006 and 8-5 in 07. Keep in mind, they play in the SEC West.

But in Bobby's first season they went 5-7. Went 2-14 in 09, then righted his own ship in 2010 by going 10-3. He went 11-2 in 2011 before he was uncovered for the slimeball he is.

Bottom line is Arkansas was a very good football program before Bobby got there.
They ran Houston Nutt off because he was very average, you guys don’t even follow what you are arguing. Ask any hawg fan, Petrino took over a very mediocre team.

They ran Houston Nutt off because he was very average, you guys don’t even follow what you are arguing. Ask any hawg fan, Petrino took over a very mediocre team.
Yeah, that's not true at all either. Houston Nutt "resigned 3 days after beating eventual National Champion LSU amid several controversies and rumors that started prior to and throughout the 2007 season."

Average coaches don't go 10-4 in the SEC west, Nutt was far from average.

Oh and I'm sure all your best bud's are diehard Arkansas fans. I heard Louisville, KY is loaded with Razorback fans.

Yeah, that's not true at all either. Houston Nutt "resigned 3 days after beating eventual National Champion LSU amid several controversies and rumors that started prior to and throughout the 2007 season."

Average coaches don't go 10-4 in the SEC west, Nutt was far from average.

Oh and I'm sure all your best bud's are diehard Arkansas fans. I heard Louisville, KY is loaded with Razorback fans.

Word...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT