ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball blue bloods

Because you beat a bad Florida team? Duke looked pretty damn good beating northwestern yesterday.

I think Florida has some serious issues, but I’m going to hold before I declare them as bad. They have some stud athletes. Kentucky kicked the dogshit out of their offensive and defensive lines though. I’m not surprised that UK ran the ball well, because it’s going to be really hard for any team to slow down Benny Snell and Terry Wilson behind a massive, super physical offensive line. I think Mullen is a very good coach that just wound up playing a better football team (it really wasn’t close on the field.)

Duke did look tough though. How good is Northwestern? Not sure, similarly to Florida. It was an impressive win by them though.

I guess now that we’re talking about some football though, how do you see your QB situation shaking out, Rocky?

I think Florida has some serious issues, but I’m going to hold before I declare them as bad. They have some stud athletes. Kentucky kicked the dogshit out of their offensive and defensive lines though. I’m not surprised that UK ran the ball well, because it’s going to be really hard for any team to slow down Benny Snell and Terry Wilson behind a massive, super physical offensive line. I think Mullen is a very good coach that just wound up playing a better football team (it really wasn’t close on the field.)

Duke did look tough though. How good is Northwestern? Not sure, similarly to Florida. It was an impressive win by them though.

I guess now that we’re talking about some football though, how do you see your QB situation shaking out, Rocky?
We played in a monsoon last night, our backup (Cunningham) was more effective because he can run. Pass is going to be great before he leaves, maybe before the season ends. Work in progress is what we are, as is almost everyone else.

And Florida will not go bowling again this year, you cannot win with that Oline and quarterback. Mullen will have them back in a couple of seasons though.

We played in a monsoon last night, our backup (Cunningham) was more effective because he can run. Pass is going to be great before he leaves, maybe before the season ends. Work in progress is what we are, as is almost everyone else.

What are Pass’s biggest issues thus far?

What are Pass’s biggest issues thus far?
He played decent against Bama, last night the pouring rain was his issue. Cunningham is going to be getting more playing time, just to mix it up with his athletic abilities....and Pass isn’t a slouch running, he just doesn’t have the extra gear.

If you had a football round robin between the basketball blue bloods, who’d be the best?

1) Duke
2) UCLA
3A) Kentucky
3B) Indiana
5) North Carolina
6) Kansas

Villanova is the only the school to have NCAA Div 1 National Titles in both Basketball and Football. I'll go with them...

Villanova is the only the school to have NCAA Div 1 National Titles in both Basketball and Football. I'll go with them...
As others have already mentioned, WTF you talkin' 'bout, Willis? You must not follow sports. Also, winning a FCS national championship is nearly the equivalent of winning it in Pop Warner.

If UK lost @ UF, the everyone would taunt UK. Instead UK won, and now they're taunting UF for not being good.

I'm glad the shift of perception is happening before our eyes.

Moral of the story ITT, UF is worse than UK and I'll take it.

This will not happen this year, but I'd love every team in the OP, to go to the Swamp and see how that would work out for them .

Reactions: C*A*T*S and RipThru
Um...Florida

Florida has never won an NCAA Div 1 national championship in football.

Neither has:

Ohio St
Michigan
Arkansas
UCLA

Maybe since Kevin Bryan is such a big sports follower he can figure out why...

UPDATE: I'm out of posts, so I can't respond. However, College Football Playoff championships are NOT official NCAA titles. Nova remains the only school to win Div 1 National Titles in both Basketball and Football.

I can't believe that Super Sports Follower Kevin Bryan couldn't figure that out!

Its a fun GOTCHA, nothing to get upset about...

Last edited:
It was funny reading how many thought UF was good enough to beat UK.

Now the revisionist opinions sets in.

They are 5-9 in their last fourteen games, McCalwein depleted their talent.
Yeah, but those losses weren't to a bunch of cupcakes. Losing to @Bama, aTm, LSU, UGA, @Mizzou, @South Carolina, @Florida State, UK and Michigan aren't exactly bad losses.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Yeah, but those losses weren't to a bunch of cupcakes. Losing to @Bama, aTm, LSU, UGA, @Mizzou, @South Carolina, @Florida State, UK and Michigan aren't exactly bad losses.
If you want to nitpick their schedule, they also didn’t really have a quality win. Their best win was against a team that Louisville beat on the road by 27. Winking

If you want to nitpick their schedule, they also didn’t really have a quality win. Their best win was against a team that Louisville beat on the road by 27. Winking
There's a big difference in scheduling though. When you only have to play 1 tough game every few weeks, you perform differently, but when you have to play top 25 teams every week, your outcomes are going to be different.
But you really shouldn't be bragging about UL's accomplishments in football against common foes after the thumping they took a couple weeks ago.
I mean UL is currently carrying Alabama's baby.

Florida has never won an NCAA Div 1 national championship in football.

Neither has:

Ohio St
Michigan
Arkansas
UCLA

Maybe since Kevin Bryan is such a big sports follower he can figure out why...
Yeah, all those teams would never make it through that gauntlet of a schedule that Nova plays in football.
Speaking of figuring things out, have you figured out how to apologize for your posts in the Kentucky/KU/Duke thread?

I'm not scrolling through that mess to see what the technicality is. Care to share, Hail?
Villanova plays football at the D-1 FCS level and won the NCAA championship playoff in 2009, thus becoming the first Div 1 team to win an NCAA championship in both basketball and football. Conversely, until a couple of years ago, there was no official NCAA national championship awarded at the FBS level. Simply put, any "national championship" won by an FBS team was merely an opinion based on polls, not on the field of play.
Since then, Ohio State has won an NCAA national championship by winning the FBS playoff. And since Ohio State also has won an NCAA championship in hoops, they join Villanova as the only university to have done so.
It may be a technicality, but them's the facts.

Villanova plays football at the D-1 FCS level and won the NCAA championship playoff in 2009, thus becoming the first Div 1 team to win an NCAA championship in both basketball and football. Conversely, until a couple of years ago, there was no official NCAA national championship awarded at the FBS level. Simply put, any "national championship" won by an FBS team was merely an opinion based on polls, not on the field of play.
Since then, Ohio State has won an NCAA national championship by winning the FBS playoff. And since Ohio State also has won an NCAA championship in hoops, they join Villanova as the only university to have done so.
So basically all the D-1 universities that claim a NCAA football title is basically the same as a Helms title is in basketball????
That’s good to know Winking

Last edited:
So he's wrong. That's what I thought. Laughing

If UK lost @ UF, the everyone would taunt UK. Instead UK won, and now they're taunting UF for not being good.

I'm glad the shift of perception is happening before our eyes.

Moral of the story ITT, UF is worse than UK and I'll take it.

This will not happen this year, but I'd love every team in the OP, to go to the Swamp and see how that would work out for them .
Florida isn't very good. That's whybthe spread was only 14. Now, with that being said...Its still impressive to go into the swamp, and basically manhandle the Gators. That very, very seldom happens. UK's a good team. They're gonna win some games. Gotta get their offense figured oit, though.

There's a big difference in scheduling though. When you only have to play 1 tough game every few weeks, you perform differently, but when you have to play top 25 teams every week, your outcomes are going to be different.
But you really shouldn't be bragging about UL's accomplishments in football against common foes after the thumping they took a couple weeks ago.
They’re in the SEC east, Georgia is the only ranked team that they have to play out of those 6 games. Kinda like Kentucky, you have Georgia and Mississippi State that are ranked. Playing Kentucky, Missouri, Vanderbilt, South Carolina and Tennessee, isn’t exactly a gauntlet.

They’re in the SEC east, Georgia is the only ranked team that they have to play out of those 6 games. Kinda like Kentucky, you have Georgia and Mississippi State that are ranked. Playing Kentucky, Missouri, Vanderbilt, South Carolina and Tennessee, isn’t exactly a gauntlet.
Florida was ranked when UK beat them. Don't you dare try and steal that thunder, buddy! UGA, MSU, and I have a hunch TAMU will be up there when UK plays them, too.

Reactions: rockycard
Florida was ranked when UK beat them. Don't you dare try and steal that thunder, buddy! UGA, MSU, and I have a hunch TAMU will be up there when UK plays them, too.
Maybe, but Jeff was trying to make it sound like Florida and Kentucky play NFL schedules.

Maybe, but Jeff was trying to make it sound like Florida and Kentucky play NFL schedules.
No, but you left an important piece of information out when you stated Florda was 5-9 in their last 14 games. It's all about perception and when you leave out the schedule that Florida played during that 14 game stretch you are making it seem much worse than what it is all in an attempt to knock down UK's win @Florida.
Of course we could compare it to the ACC schedule UL plays. Other than Clemson, you have G-Tech, Boston College, NC State, Wake Forest, UVA and a very bad FSU team that almost lost at home to Samford. Not exactly murderers row.

He's always trying to demean UK in one way or another. Even after a win lol.... UK is ranked 31, UofL ranked 53 as of 9/9. UK will win the football and basketball games this year against UofL. The series in football isn't as lopsided as some UofL devotees like to suggest. Overall, the series is tied. The past 10 years, the series is tied. And everyone knows they're our bitch in Basketball...

Reactions: JC for 3
"Puma" got benched against INDIANA STATE and while proudly wearing his Dunce hat, Rockycard goes Milli Vanilli and 'Blames it on the Rain'... RollLaugh

Petrino 2.0 just ain't getting it done like you dolts were hoping when Jurich took him back.

Your basketball program is such a dumpster fire right now that Mack demanded a 7-year deal because he knows they're going to suck the next 3-5. Maybe even longer if you listen to former player/radio show host Jerry Eaves who has repeatedly stated that BIG trouble is still about to land on their heads from the FBI investigation.

Still mind boggling that card fans still run their yap.... about anything.

He's always trying to demean UK in one way or another. Even after a win lol.... UK is ranked 31, UofL ranked 53 as of 9/9. UK will win the football and basketball games this year against UofL. The series in football isn't as lopsided as some UofL devotees like to suggest. Overall, the series is tied. The past 10 years, the series is tied. And everyone knows they're our bitch in Basketball...
All of these U6 fans are like that. 1986 is cool and STDtheCard is okay at times, but they are all trying to deflect from the dumpster fire that is U6 sports by coming here to knock down big bro's accomplishments. It's so obvious.

UCLA, should have the best athletes of the bunch and over 5 games I trust Chip Kelly to get it going over the other coaches. Duke/UK/IU are good right now for their typical standards. UNC is a dumpster fire, they are usually solid. KU always sucks except when they had Mangino who they naturally burned at the stake for having the balls to try and teach eggball in Lawrence.

Reactions: KisteK and JC for 3
ADVERTISEMENT