ADVERTISEMENT

Avenatti says Nike EYBL execs. were willing to pay for college players

Avenatti is a scum ball and sleaze but the Federal Goverment don't waste time, money, and resources chasing ghosts.

I will be interested to see if he really has anything that would go along with the FBI investigation

Reactions: kl40504
Avenatti is a scum ball and sleaze but the Federal Goverment don't waste time, money, and resources chasing ghosts.

I will be interested to see if he really has anything that would go along with the FBI investigation
I agree. Based on what the NCAA has done in the past nothing will happen to any program. If North Carolina, LSU , Kansas and Arizona are still not in trouble who will ever be in trouble?

Reactions: hawkit3113
I agree. Based on what the NCAA has done in the past nothing will happen to any program. If North Carolina, LSU , Kansas and Arizona are still not in trouble who will ever be in trouble?

Suppose he does have emails, text messages, or tapes, I wonder if anything will get done. I would think it would have to because it would be made public.

Plus, he had to have something on Nike to try and extort them.

But, this guys battling average is pretty much zero these days

I have a bridge in Kansas I would like to sell you.

Are you saying there is not one bridge in Kansas? Why is it so hard to believe that Zion and parents would pass up $100k and if caught potentially forfeit his season last year that totally propelled him to the #1 spot?

That spot will enable him to make tens of millions of dollars...is it that hard to believe anyone would pass up $100k when in 9 months you could make tens of millions?

And before you say, "he would have gotten drafted anyway" blah blah, he was not guaranteed the #1 pick, however, him playing his one season did guarantee him the #1 pick.

Are you saying there is not one bridge in Kansas? Why is it so hard to believe that Zion and parents would pass up $100k and if caught potentially forfeit his season last year that totally propelled him to the #1 spot?

That spot will enable him to make tens of millions of dollars...is it that hard to believe anyone would pass up $100k when in 9 months you could make tens of millions?

And before you say, "he would have gotten drafted anyway" blah blah, he was not guaranteed the #1 pick, however, him playing his one season did guarantee him the #1 pick.
I agree. All the points you have stated are the same points that Kentucky can use in their recruiting but many on this board continue to say Cal is paying players.

Suppose he does have emails, text messages, or tapes, I wonder if anything will get done. I would think it would have to because it would be made public.

Plus, he had to have something on Nike to try and extort them.

But, this guys battling average is pretty much zero these days
Actually his batting average is below zero. He is a complete idiot.

Reactions: hawkit3113
I agree. All the points you have stated are the same points that Kentucky can use in their recruiting but many on this board continue to say Cal is paying players.

I will definitely admit, even though I'm a Duke fan, I don't believe that Calipari is paying players to go to Kentucky. I'm sure some will strongly disagree with me, but I have not seen any hard evidence that would say otherwise. To that point, if I go around and say that Coach K is not paying players to spend a short period of time at Duke then make millions, I can believe Calipari is saying the same at Kentucky.

Pay Pal Cal
Zion went to Duke and not Kentucky. He was the recruit asking for big money and look where he ended up playing college basketball and his parents living in a million dollar house. Coach K owns the market on paying for players.

Last edited:
Reactions: silkcitypirate
Zion went to Duke and not Kentucky. He was the recruit asking for big money and look where he ended up playing college basketball and his parents living in a million dollar house. Coach K owns the market on paying for players.

Doesn't mean there wasn't a "bidding war" .....3000 IQ

Reactions: Quavarius
How many FF’s has he had vacated? Opinions are great aren’t they.

I'm always surprised of how many UK fans take the bait from Q on two different post.

Pay Pal Cal, and Kings of College Basketball.

It never fails. He generates so much traffic by posting either one of those.

FTR. I like @Quavarius

We get it. Every one cheats but Kentucky. Can you bring some new talking points

Nothing pointed to KP cheating. In fact KP stated you better watch your back Bro. and the Nike representative named several involved but none at UK. It actually points to UK not being involved.

Unless of course UK was recruiting players from the 38/40 eybl teams that the Nike guy said he had to pay a small ransom to keep the families happy, and I doubt it was the bench/role players making financial demands.

This doesn’t directly implicate UK of course but if Payne knew these kids and their families were receiving illegal benefits and should have been ineligible for amateur athletics and recruited and signed some of them anyways, there is certainly a grey area there. Did all of UKs recruits from the past few years play on the same 2 eybl teams that weren’t looking for handouts?

To me it all boils back down to Bowen. If Bowen was getting paid by his HIGH SCHOOL and AAU Team to play there, I can’t fathom that every major and some mid major colleges arent doing the same thing.

Last edited:
Unless of course UK was recruiting players from the 38/40 eybl teams that the Nike guy said he had to pay a small ransom to keep the families happy, and I doubt it was the bench/role players making financial demands.

This doesn’t directly implicate UK of course but if Payne knew these kids and their families were receiving illegal benefits and should have been ineligible for amateur athletics and recruited and signed some of them anyways, there is certainly a grey area there. Did all of UKs recruits from the past few years play on the same 2 eybl teams that weren’t looking for handouts?

To me it all boils back down to Bowen. If Bowen was getting paid by his HIGH SCHOOL and AAU Team to play there, I can’t fathom that every major and some mid major colleges arent doing the same thing.
Maybe. No one knows for sure.

Cal has mentioned so many times how bad he wanted Zion. So, you saying Cal was outbidded?

We get it. Every one cheats but Kentucky. Can you bring some new talking points

The program known for cheating and the coach stripped of 2 Final Fours! Yes, we believe Kentucky is playing by the rules! Laughing

Reactions: wesr
I'm always surprised of how many UK fans take the bait from Q on two different post.

Pay Pal Cal, and Kings of College Basketball.

It never fails. He generates so much traffic by posting either one of those.

FTR. I like @Quavarius

I can’t take credit for Pay Pal Cal, but KOCB...yeah that’s me!

And you’re good in my book

Last edited:
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Only one team ended up with Zion and it was not Kentucky. You should be able to figure that one out for yourself.

“I’ll be honest with you, we recruited Zion,” Calipari said. “I probably missed him a little bit. I knew he was going to be good. I didn’t know he was going to be this good. I knew he could dominate but not like he’s done. When we played against him, I walked off the court and said ‘I missed on another one.’ I knew he’d be good. I said he’s going to be alright, going to be good. The kid’s off the chain.”

Williamson scored 28 points and grabbed seven rebounds in a 118-84 Duke victory at the beginning of the 2018-19 season against Kentucky. He went on to win multiple Player of the Year Awards as the projected No. 1 overall draft pick in the NBA.

“I’ll be honest with you, we recruited Zion,” Calipari said. “I probably missed him a little bit. I knew he was going to be good. I didn’t know he was going to be this good. I knew he could dominate but not like he’s done. When we played against him, I walked off the court and said ‘I missed on another one.’ I knew he’d be good. I said he’s going to be alright, going to be good. The kid’s off the chain.”

Williamson scored 28 points and grabbed seven rebounds in a 118-84 Duke victory at the beginning of the 2018-19 season against Kentucky. He went on to win multiple Player of the Year Awards as the projected No. 1 overall draft pick in the NBA.
And Duke still did not make the final four. I think the million dollar house for his parents was the cherry on top.

Cause Cal has gone on record on how bad he wanted Zion!
I don't really have a dog in this weird fight, but can you tell me how a coach wanting a player automatically means he was going to pay him? It just seems odd. Cal didn’t get him, so to me, that means he wasn't going to pay him.

IMO, I don't think Duke/K payed him either. I think they made him realize that he will he making an obscene amount of money after just one season of cbb.

Zion would be a fool to gamble with his eligibility at that point.

What’s your point? How does this indicate Cal was going to pay Zion? What am I missing?

This appears to be one hell of a reach.

ADVERTISEMENT