ADVERTISEMENT

Avenatti says Nike EYBL execs. were willing to pay for college players

An undercover agent recorded Merl Code specifically stating that all the top Nike schools, including Duke, UNC, Kentucky and Cuse, cheat/pay.

That would seem to mean more than speculation by fans of said schools.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
An undercover agent recorded Merl Code specifically stating that all the top Nike schools, including Duke, UNC, Kentucky and Cuse, cheat/pay.

Add Oregon to that list.

Did you hear the recording? I'm not saying it's not true, but for one, Merl Code is an attorney. Have you ever listened to an attorney make a case? They'll make it seem like a 9 year old stole that ice cream cone from the ice cream man, even though the 9 year old handed the man, what looked to be, something green and something silver, then the man literally handed the 9 year old the ice cream.
But that attorney is going to convince you that the 9 year old stole it.

That's how attorney's work, it's their culture. It's also how OJ and Casey Anthony are living their lives outside a prison cell.

Plus, Code was working for Adidas correct? How does he know what Nike is doing?

I know you want UK and Duke to go down, but you need to start coming up with better shit. This is weak sauce, even for you.

Or they could get paid to go to duke or UK or anywhere else and STILL make millions in 9 months.

While they have had amazing success putting guys in the pros, they don’t have a monopoly on it. Hell ja morant from OVC Murray State (racers alum whoop whoop) got drafted over the number one recruit in the nation coming in, Barrett, who went to duke.

What’s your point? How does this indicate Cal was going to pay Zion? What am I missing?

This appears to be one hell of a reach.

I think the only point Q was trying to make is that Kentucky fans are saying Duke/K paid Zion because he went to Duke, but had he gone to Kentucky, Zion would have gone without being paid.

I think Q is saying it's foolish to say that Zion picked Duke over Kentucky because of a payment when he could have picked Duke simply because he thought it was a better choice.

And Duke still did not make the final four. I think the million dollar house for his parents was the cherry on top.

I keep reading about this "million dollar house" stuff. Was this ever proven to be true? I have never had one person actually show proof of the Williamsons in the driveway, in the front yard, in the back yard, etc. The only picture that is shown is a picture of the outside of the house...where does it say that Zions' parents live here?

Did you hear the recording? I'm not saying it's not true, but for one, Merl Code is an attorney. Have you ever listened to an attorney make a case? They'll make it seem like a 9 year old stole that ice cream cone from the ice cream man, even though the 9 year old handed the man, what looked to be, something green and something silver, then the man literally handed the 9 year old the ice cream.
But that attorney is going to convince you that the 9 year old stole it.

That's how attorney's work, it's their culture. It's also how OJ and Casey Anthony are living their lives outside a prison cell.

Plus, Code was working for Adidas correct? How does he know what Nike is doing?

I know you want UK and Duke to go down, but you need to start coming up with better shit. This is weak sauce, even for you.

I don't care if anybody goes down, and I don't expect them to. Including KU.

The only thing that's weak are the excuses. It's like saying "Did you actually see the texts on Bill Self's phone? Did you hear Townsend's wiretap?" I mean, really?

You obviously haven't even looked into it. It was a private, candid convo between he and an undercover federal agent. Code worked for 14 years at Nike. He was right in the middle of it. Thus, he knows a lot more than Joe Fan. And this is what he had to say:

"Nike schools pay too. It’s a corrupt space as it is and cheating is cheating. Whether I give you a dollar, 100,000, or I get your mom and dad jobs, it’s cheating. ... So in some form or fashion, Duke, North Carolina, Syracuse, Kentucky and all of the schools are doing something to help get kids. That’s just a part of the space."

This is no surprise to those of us that live in reality.

Last edited:
And Kentucky made it just as far as Duke in the tournament. Poor coaching by K with all that talent.

By that measure, Cal poorly coached two of his 3 best teams (2010 and 2015) since Duke went further in the tournament! Poor coaching by Cal with all that talent!

Waits for refs and NCAA path excuse in 5,4,3,2,1...

Reactions: AWilli6995

The only thing that's weak are the excuses. It's like saying "Did you actually see the texts on Bill Self's phone? Did you hear Townsend's wiretap?" I mean, really?

You obviously haven't even looked into it. It was a private, candid convo between he and an undercover federal agent. Code worked for 14 years at Nike. He was right in the middle of it. Thus, he knows a lot more than Joe Fan. And this is what he had to say:

"Nike schools pay too. It’s a corrupt space as it is and cheating is cheating. Whether I give you a dollar, 100,000, or I get your mom and dad jobs, it’s cheating. ... So in some form or fashion, Duke, North Carolina, Syracuse, Kentucky and all of the schools are doing something to help get kids. That’s just a part of the space."

No need to include KU. They are already under investigation by the NCAA.

You’re right, there is a reality, how is it that you're living in it though? What makes you different than "Joe Fan"?

When I read that quote, I still come away with a shoulder shrug. I mean, he literally said "So in some form or fashion, Duke, North Carolina, Syracuse, Kentucky and all of the schools are doing something to help get kids". Help get kids how? Like, direct them to easy classes or show them the right path to take to do a reclass? Help them how?

I get it, rules get bent, but there's a really big difference between paying a kid money to go to a school and giving the kids parents $10.00 work of nuggets at McDonalds.

The fact that Code didn't specifically state what horrible acts he's witnessed, tells me there really isn't much there.

Maybe since you're living in reality and the rest of us don't know shit, maybe you can provide a quote where Code actually says something that actually implicates someone instead of a light blanket statement.

So far, you've made a lot of accusations, but have provided nothing to backup your claims beyond the old "everyone does it" stuff.

I think the only point Q was trying to make is that Kentucky fans are saying Duke/K paid Zion because he went to Duke, but had he gone to Kentucky, Zion would have gone without being paid.

I think Q is saying it's foolish to say that Zion picked Duke over Kentucky because of a payment when he could have picked Duke simply because he thought it was a better choice.
Mmmmm, IDK about that. I mean yeah, I guess that could be what he was going for, but it certainly doesn't read that way.

Do you read this stuff before you hit "post?"
Do you read this stuff before posting such a stupid post:
Report: NCAA Opens Investigation into Kansas Men's Basketball, Football Programs
KYLE NEWPORTMARCH 14, 2019

Another article you should read:
The NCAA began investigating KU and other programs after an October trial revealed corruption in college basketball recruiting. The trial also spotlighted the relationship between KU men's basketball coach Bill Self and Thomas “T.J.” Gassnola, a former Adidas consultant. Gassnola testified that he paid the families of players to steer them to KU, including $90,000 to the mother of former KU player Billy Preston and $2,500 to the guardian of current KU player Silvio De Sousa.

hi-res-314fabd27fe0f92daf10c4761704d09e_crop_north.jpg

Porter Binks/Getty Images
The NCAA is currently investigating the Kansas Jayhawks men's basketball and football programs, according to CBS Sports' Dennis Dodd.

Dodd noted an NCAA enforcement official has made a trip to the Lawrence, Kansas, campus while looking into the basketball program, though head coach Bill Self has not been interviewed.

Dan Wetzel, Pat Forde and Pete Thamel of Yahoo Sports reported in November 2018 that the federal government has given the NCAA clearance to investigate individual schools for potential violations.

Dodd reported last month Kansas officials were growing worried a formal infractions case was in the works after the NCAA ruled sophomore forward Silvio De Sousa must sit out the remainder of the 2018-19 basketball season as well as next season after his guardian received payments from a university booster and agent.
Certainly looks like the NCAA is investigating Kansas Basketball.

Last edited:
I keep reading about this "million dollar house" stuff. Was this ever proven to be true? I have never had one person actually show proof of the Williamsons in the driveway, in the front yard, in the back yard, etc. The only picture that is shown is a picture of the outside of the house...where does it say that Zions' parents live here?
Dp07PC6X4AArbUb

81 Edgewood drive

You’re right, there is a reality, how is it that you're living in it though? What makes you different than "Joe Fan"?

When I read that quote, I still come away with a shoulder shrug. I mean, he literally said "So in some form or fashion, Duke, North Carolina, Syracuse, Kentucky and all of the schools are doing something to help get kids". Help get kids how? Like, direct them to easy classes or show them the right path to take to do a reclass? Help them how?

I get it, rules get bent, but there's a really big difference between paying a kid money to go to a school and giving the kids parents $10.00 work of nuggets at McDonalds.

The fact that Code didn't specifically state what horrible acts he's witnessed, tells me there really isn't much there.

Maybe since you're living in reality and the rest of us don't know shit, maybe you can provide a quote where Code actually says something that actually implicates someone instead of a light blanket statement.

So far, you've made a lot of accusations, but have provided nothing to backup your claims beyond the old "everyone does it" stuff.

The examples he gave were varying degrees of payment and jobs.

Why do you always act like I'm on an island? At this point, the deniers are probably the minority.

I never said there is evidence of anything. My point is that when you combine comments like this and Gassnola's with the knowledge that Bam and others likely accepted money, it appears more likely than not that this is a widespread practice that involves Nike's top schools. Not to mention the words of former AAU coaches that spell out exactly how widespread it is.

Do you read this stuff before posting such a stupid post:
Report: NCAA Opens Investigation into Kansas Men's Basketball, Football Programs
KYLE NEWPORTMARCH 14, 2019

Another article you should read:
The NCAA began investigating KU and other programs after an October trial revealed corruption in college basketball recruiting. The trial also spotlighted the relationship between KU men's basketball coach Bill Self and Thomas “T.J.” Gassnola, a former Adidas consultant. Gassnola testified that he paid the families of players to steer them to KU, including $90,000 to the mother of former KU player Billy Preston and $2,500 to the guardian of current KU player Silvio De Sousa.

hi-res-314fabd27fe0f92daf10c4761704d09e_crop_north.jpg

Porter Binks/Getty Images
The NCAA is currently investigating the Kansas Jayhawks men's basketball and football programs, according to CBS Sports' Dennis Dodd.

Dodd noted an NCAA enforcement official has made a trip to the Lawrence, Kansas, campus while looking into the basketball program, though head coach Bill Self has not been interviewed.

Dan Wetzel, Pat Forde and Pete Thamel of Yahoo Sports reported in November 2018 that the federal government has given the NCAA clearance to investigate individual schools for potential violations.

Dodd reported last month Kansas officials were growing worried a formal infractions case was in the works after the NCAA ruled sophomore forward Silvio De Sousa must sit out the remainder of the 2018-19 basketball season as well as next season after his guardian received payments from a university booster and agent.
Certainly looks like the NCAA is investigating Kansas Basketball.

Wasn't the point, but okay, champ..

The examples he gave were varying degrees of payment and jobs.

Why do you always act like I'm on an island? At this point, the deniers are probably the minority.

I never said there is evidence of anything. My point is that when you combine comments like this and Gassnola's with the knowledge that Bam and others likely accepted money, it appears more likely than not that this is a widespread practice that involves Nike's top schools. Not to mention the words of former AAU coaches that spell out exactly how widespread it is.
If you actually think Bam took money, you're not very smart or you're willing to believe anything. Even Pete Thamel and Pat Forde haven’t jumped on that one. Remember, Thamel packed his bags and took a trip to Alabama in the hopes of finding some dirt on Bledsoe's transcript so he can bury UK. The guy has a John Holmes sized boner for UK.

He tried to push Bam to NC State and Bam didn’t bite. Has nothing to do with UK and UK can't be punished for something they didn't even know about. That would be ridiculous.

Take a look at Sean Miller. Dude was caught red handed, gave a goodbye speech to the Arizona fans and there he still sits, nothing has happened. Probably won't either, because the NCAA is a joke.

But it wouldn't surprise me to see the NCAA punish UK for the BAM situation, but let Sean Miller and Arizona off with nothing. That's not a "they hate me" thing, that's about the NCAA being the most inconsistent organization I've ever seen at any level.

Lastly, you ARE on an island with this, you hate UK so much that you take whatever information is out there and make it out to be so much more than what it is. I mean, just look at the Merl Code quote you put out there a few posts back, it's nothing but a light blanket statement that has no substance. If he had something, he would have said much more.

If you actually think Bam took money, you're not very smart or you're willing to believe anything. Even Pete Thamel and Pat Forde haven’t jumped on that one. Remember, Thamel packed his bags and took a trip to Alabama in the hopes of finding some dirt on Bledsoe's transcript so he can bury UK. The guy has a John Holmes sized boner for UK.

He tried to push Bam to NC State and Bam didn’t bite. Has nothing to do with UK and UK can't be punished for something they didn't even know about. That would be ridiculous.

Keep this same energy with other schools.

Lastly, you ARE on an island with this, you hate UK so much that you take whatever information is out there and make it out to be so much more than what it is. I mean, just look at the Merl Code quote you put out there a few posts back, it's nothing but a light blanket statement that has no substance. If he had something, he would have said much more.

Also, why on earth would Merl Code, the guy in the middle of arranging payments and stuff, openly talk about who he's paying and what schools they are being sent to?

How do you know that he would have said much more? You assuming that he would is the same as someone assuming that he wouldn't. Both opinions, but you are trying to pass yours as fact.

It makes no sense for him to say anything.

Reactions: Quavarius

Also, why on earth would Merl Code, the guy in the middle of arranging payments and stuff, openly talk about who he's paying and what schools they are being sent to?

How do you know that he would have said much more? You assuming that he would is the same as someone assuming that he wouldn't. Both opinions, but you are trying to pass yours as fact.

But Merl Code DID say something. In his position, talking about the crookedness of others doesn't hurt him one iota. This discussion has nothing to do with who MC paid, it's about the statement he made about what others were doing. Go back and read the quote that MrBaracus posted to help you.

And no, I'm not trying to pass my opinion off as fact, that makes no sense. What opinion did I try to pass off as a fact? All I said was the statement he made about all those blue blood Nike schools doing things to help push a kid to their school is not some bombshell statement. If he has something on those schools, then say it, that wouldn’t effect him anymore than the statement he did make.

As far as me keeping the same energy with regards to schools being punished without knowledge of a rule break, the Bam accusation isn’t even close to any of the UL transgressions (if that's what you're getting at). Those happened ON UL's campus with coaches and administrators being involved. Bam was a recruit when Andy Miller attempted to push him to NC State.

I looked it up in the central appraisal district records for Chatham County, North Carolina. The owners are Thomas and Monika Morris and they purchased the house in 2007.

Just an FYI.

when you google which house Zions family lived in that is the house that comes up
strangely they also say it is not for sale

maybe keeping it for future players families Winking

Reactions: kl40504

Take a look at Sean Miller. Dude was caught red handed, gave a goodbye speech to the Arizona fans and there he still sits, nothing has happened. Probably won't either, because the NCAA is a joke.

But it wouldn't surprise me to see the NCAA punish UK for the BAM situation, but let Sean Miller and Arizona off with nothing. That's not a "they hate me" thing, that's about the NCAA being the most inconsistent organization I've ever seen at any level.

Spare me the crying about hating Kentucky. Maybe I just hate delusional fan behavior and hypocrisy? Which, yes, is common among your fanbase.

Like HR said, there is absolutely no reason to assume he “would have said much more.” Ridiculous. And if the agent had attempted to goad him into specific details, he might have gotten suspicious.

14 years at Nike. Says that Kentucky cheats. Kentucky fan says they don’t. What are your credentials?

Reactions: HRTheCard
Spare me the crying about hating Kentucky. Maybe I just hate delusional fan behavior and hypocrisy? Which, yes, is common among your fanbase.

Like HR said, there is absolutely no reason to assume he “would have said much more.” Ridiculous. And if the agent had attempted to goad him into specific details, he might have gotten suspicious.

14 years at Nike. Says that Kentucky cheats. Kentucky fan says they don’t. What are your credentials?

14 years at the Burger King meeting

Reactions: ExitFlagger

And the whoremongers are coming out of the closet. Better start worrying about UofL. They are getting ready to get hammered by the NCAA.

And the whoremongers are coming out of the closet. Better start worrying about UofL. They are getting ready to get hammered by the NCAA.

Now you’re calling him gay?

Can you point me to the last post of yours that made sense? Relax...it’s rhetorical. Don’t want to keep you up all night.

Now you’re calling him gay?

Can you point me to the last post of yours that made sense? Relax...it’s rhetorical. Don’t want to keep you up all night.
See if this post makes sense. It seems to make sense to the Kansas AD and to Bill Self.
Kansas under investigation by the NCAA. Trouble on the horizon.

See if this post makes sense. It seems to make sense to the Kansas AD and to Bill Self.
Kansas under investigation by the NCAA. Trouble on the horizon.

Hm. Maybe. But word is, they’re not too worried about it.

KY fans say UK doesn't cheat, because there's absolutely zero proof of anything. Why would I, or any other UK fan, throw UK under the bus and accuse the athletics program of cheating, when there's nothing that supports that claim? Why would we do that?

Are you willing to admit that KU basketball and Bill Self are a bunch of cheaters? Spill it.

If UK was/is cheating, how do I know the level of which they have been cheating? You and HRT want to throw stones because your programs are under investigation and/or have like a thousand scandals going on at one time, so you guys go around this board blowing your "everybody's cheating" horns and every time a slither of something comes out, here you guys are making a mountain out of a molehill.

So tell me, what is UK doing that makes them cheaters? What did UK, Cal or anyone associated with UK do to be labeled cheaters? Give me proof, not just some blanket statement made by Merl Code on his way the slammer. You can't and neither can I, so why would I call them cheaters?

Hm. Maybe. But word is, they’re not too worried about it.
I am sure the AD and Bill Self would come out and say we are worried because the NCAA finally caught us cheating. What do you expect them to say? They better be worried. There is plenty proof Kansas has been cheating, How many players have been ruled ineligible at Kansas the last few years compared to 0 at UK.

I am sure the AD and Bill Self would come out and say we are worried because the NCAA finally caught us cheating. What do you expect them to say? They better be worried. There is plenty proof Kansas has been cheating, How many players have been ruled ineligible at Kansas the last few years compared to 0 at UK.
You could also take that to mean that after certain information came to the staffs attention, Kansas did the right thing in order to prevent them from playing ineligible players. We know of 3 situations where that was what happened. Alexander, Preston and DeSousa.

You could also take that to mean that after certain information came to the staffs attention, Kansas did the right thing in order to prevent them from playing ineligible players. We know of 3 situations where that was what happened. Alexander, Preston and DeSousa.
Is it just me, or did the NCAA take a ridiculous amount of time to clear DeSousa? I haven't followed that whole saga, but the kid had to sit the entire 2018 season, but now he's cleared to play. That's just bizarre to me.

The NCAA claims to be all about the best interest of the players, but that kid probably lost millions of dollars of earning potential because he sat an entire season.

Interesting that Kansas had so many players they needed to keep from playing. Did Self know these players were on the take when he recruited them? Were they part of the discussions he had with his Adidas representative when he was caught on tape?

I looked it up in the central appraisal district records for Chatham County, North Carolina. The owners are Thomas and Monika Morris and they purchased the house in 2007.

Just an FYI.

Nun-uh Zion’s parents own this home according to Pay Pal Cal fans

ADVERTISEMENT