ADVERTISEMENT

Avenatti says Nike EYBL execs. were willing to pay for college players

Nothing pointed to KP cheating. In fact KP stated you better watch your back Bro. and the Nike representative named several players involved but none at UK. It actually points to UK players not being involved.

agreed
i think anyone that is not just trolling or really really stupid can see that

Nothing pointed to KP cheating. In fact KP stated you better watch your back Bro. and the Nike representative named several players involved but none at UK. It actually points to UK players not being involved.

Oh - I totally agree but for those circle jerking that KP's name came up, just making an observation.

Reactions: kl40504
Actually we beat TCU last year.
Your squawks were actually competitive last year. Very underrated by those who only look at the Ws & Ls.

They were light years ahead of the dumpster-fire Beatty inherited and he left some legitimate talent for Miles to work with. If Miles is half the coach he used to be, he’ll leverage that solid base to get off to a great - by KU standards - start.

Color me concerned, but I’m confident that KU Fan will do KU Fan things and undermine Miles too.

Last edited:
Your squawks were actually competitive last year. Very underrated by those who only look at the Ws & Ls.

They were light years ahead of the dumpster-fire Beatty inherited and he left some legitimate talent for Miles to work with. If Miles is half the coach he used to be, he’ll leverage that solid base to get off to a great - by KU standards - start.

Color me concerned.

It’s been so long since they were respectable, I barely remember what it was like. The Orange Bowl feels like a lifetime ago.

I don’t have high expectations for Miles out of the gate, but I do think he’ll turn it around fairly significantly at some point.

Gotta respect Zion’s family for not only changing their minds about that list of demands, but also declining what Nike wanted to pay them. Admirable.

Afamu to the rescue in 3...2...1...

Did you even read the article? Here it is below, and nowhere does it say that Williamson had his hand out or that any payments were made or even if the offers were conveyed. While I understand it would be hard for a kid or parents to turn down $70k - $100k if offered, but I think it would be easy to turn it down when you're about to make tens of millions of dollars in another 9 months.

Just because some Nike guys were talking about paying Zion to keep him away from Adidas doesn't mean they actually offered him the money.

"DeBose then wrote he was willing to spend “70” in an effort “to cripple adidas” and that everyone should “stay aggressive and I will figure out the money part.”

Later, Stovall told the others that a third party had “still not presented our new offer” to Williamson. “Only hinted at it. He did not want to put it in print which I agreed with.”

Williamson, who hails from South Carolina, played grassroots ball for multiple shoe companies and then attended Nike-flagship school Duke. He was the No. 1 pick in the 2019 draft and signed an endorsement deal with Nike.

Langford, who hails from Indiana, wound up playing under the Adidas umbrella after that company agreed in the winter of 2017 to sponsor an AAU program run by his father. He attended Adidas-sponsored Indiana and was the 14th pick in the 2019 NBA draft.

Nowhere in the text messages does it say any money actually exchanged hands between Nike and the players or anyone around them, or even if the offers were conveyed."

Reactions: Quavarius
Did you even read the article? Here it is below, and nowhere does it say that Williamson had his hand out or that any payments were made or even if the offers were conveyed. While I understand it would be hard for a kid or parents to turn down $70k - $100k if offered, but I think it would be easy to turn it down when you're about to make tens of millions of dollars in another 9 months.

Just because some Nike guys were talking about paying Zion to keep him away from Adidas doesn't mean they actually offered him the money.

"DeBose then wrote he was willing to spend “70” in an effort “to cripple adidas” and that everyone should “stay aggressive and I will figure out the money part.”

Later, Stovall told the others that a third party had “still not presented our new offer” to Williamson. “Only hinted at it. He did not want to put it in print which I agreed with.”

Williamson, who hails from South Carolina, played grassroots ball for multiple shoe companies and then attended Nike-flagship school Duke. He was the No. 1 pick in the 2019 draft and signed an endorsement deal with Nike.

Langford, who hails from Indiana, wound up playing under the Adidas umbrella after that company agreed in the winter of 2017 to sponsor an AAU program run by his father. He attended Adidas-sponsored Indiana and was the 14th pick in the 2019 NBA draft.

Nowhere in the text messages does it say any money actually exchanged hands between Nike and the players or anyone around them, or even if the offers were conveyed."
Will be tough for him to respond. It is tough on the short bus with a helmet on.

Reactions: Quavarius

Are you afamu’s sidekick?

So they planned to offer but your belief is that they didn’t? Seems likely.

As for having their hands out, you can find those details elsewhere.

This isn’t a court of law. I don’t need to abide by an innocent til proven guilty philosophy. Lord knows that no one gives KU that benefit of the doubt. And I don’t expect them to.

Reactions: RipThru
Are you afamu’s sidekick?

So they planned to offer but your belief is that they didn’t? Seems likely.

As for having their hands out, you can find those details elsewhere.

This isn’t a court of law. I don’t need to abide by an innocent til proven guilty philosophy. Lord knows that no one gives KU that benefit of the doubt. And I don’t expect them to.
Exactly as we thought. You have nothing but speculation and rumor that meet your unhealthy obsession with thinking other programs cheat like KU.

I have a bridge in Kansas I would like to sell you.

I can tell you are nervous. RollLaugh
So, you deflecting from your failed troll attempt, somehow gives you a feeling that I'm nervous?

This should be good.

Hey, while you're being all butthurt about your failure, just keep in mind, all I did was ask you a question. You could have just laughed it off, but here we are.

Look how triggered and guilty you two are. RollLaugh

And I didn't even imply a team. You boys are dead give a ways.

Reactions: IUBtown
I didn't see Duke posters rushing to respond to my post. Hummmmmm. Lololololol

Look how triggered and guilty you two are. RollLaugh

And I didn't even imply a team. You boys are dead give a ways.
You are obviously lost and confused.

Again, you screwed up a troll attempt, or maybe you didn't. I asked you a question, but you got all butthurt about it.

As far as the part about you not even implying a team, you said "elite schools", so yes, you did clarify which schools you were talking about.

Maybe this message board thing isn't for you?!?!

You are obviously lost and confused.

Again, you screwed up a troll attempt, or maybe you didn't. I asked you a question, but you got all butthurt about it.

As far as the part about you not even implying a team, you said "elite schools", so yes, you did clarify which schools you were talking about.

Maybe this message board thing isn't for you?!?!

Guilty, RollLaugh

ADVERTISEMENT