ADVERTISEMENT

Avenatti says Nike EYBL execs. were willing to pay for college players

If it is KP, why would he respond “Watch your back, bro.” Why wouldn’t KP report said cheating to the NCAA? I think if there’s nothing I’m worried about, I’d probably report it. Want to level the playing ground.

Unless.......it could backfire?? :p

do you rat your friends out?

i remember when they used to say that about Clemson fans

When? 1940?

Clemson has won 61% of its games all-time. Kentucky is under .500.

Clemson’s head coach has a .795 winning percentage. Kentucky’s is .480.

Thanks for Matt House btw. He’s gonna help make this a special season for KC.

https://www.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/uk-basketball-men/article234105577.html

"One of those expenses is dated Dec. 12 and refers to “5k in Kentucky (3 cells 2k cash).”

Ayton’s high school team, Hillcrest Prep (Ariz.), played two games in Lexington on Dec. 12 and Dec. 13, 2015.

UK was at times linked to Ayton’s recruitment, but the Wildcats did not seriously pursue the No. 1-ranked player in the 2017 class in the latter stages of his recruitment. Ayton never took a recruiting visit to UK, and he committed to Arizona."

Article mentions the full conversation between KP and Db.

Boy, if this would’ve been “JC” or Jason Capel with those kinds of texts, I’m sure certain fan bases would not want to look at those texts “contextually.”

But, please proceed...

When? 1940?

Clemson has won 61% of its games all-time. Kentucky is under .500.

Clemson’s head coach has a .795 winning percentage. Kentucky’s is .480.

Thanks for Matt House btw. He’s gonna help make this a special season for KC.

before recently when was Clemson a FB power house

Boy, if this would’ve been “JC” or Jason Capel with those kinds of texts, I’m sure certain fan bases would not want to look at those texts “contextually.”

But, please proceed...

no matter who it is
what do those texts actually implicate

I haven’t seen many rival fans in this thread make much of this. I mean it’s pretty obvious Payne used the info to help keep us away from this mess. It’s been obvious for a while that we had someone at least letting us know it was happening and who it was happening with. How else have we managed to avoid so many kids that were affected?

Of course I suppose the ncaa could get Payne for not saying anything. I’m sure there’s a rule in there somewhere.

Man...if we got in trouble for that? With all that’s went on? All the programs they have yet to punish for being directly involved...all I could do at that point is laugh. It would feel like the ncaa basically daring UK fans to stop watching and investing in the sport. Which they’ve already been doing for years by looking the other way for our rivals. Hasn’t mattered yet and probably still wouldn’t.

I haven’t seen many rival fans in this thread make much of this. I mean it’s pretty obvious Payne used the info to help keep us away from this mess. It’s been obvious for a while that we had someone at least letting us know it was happening and who it was happening with. How else have we managed to avoid so many kids that were affected?

Of course I suppose the ncaa could get Payne for not saying anything. I’m sure there’s a rule in there somewhere.

Man...if we got in trouble for that? With all that’s went on? All the programs they have yet to punish for being directly involved...all I could do at that point is laugh. It would feel like the ncaa basically daring UK fans to stop watching and investing in the sport. Which they’ve already been doing for years by looking the other way for our rivals. Hasn’t mattered yet and probably still wouldn’t.

Are you basing that off of not getting a top 5 player but instead getting the #10 and 11 players in the class? Or the #9, 12, and 13 players in ‘18?

Wow, that’s some evidence right there.

Which they’ve already been doing for years by looking the other way for our rivals. Hasn’t mattered yet and probably still wouldn’t.

And you guys wonder why you catch flak?

They always look the other way for the big boys, unless forced to do something such as when Syracuse self-reported. Or when a hooker scandal forces their hand.

Otherwise, they’d have investigated Bam, Vanderbilt, Zion, Bagley, and a host of others.

Why can’t you guys ever leave it at “nothing will happen?”

They’ve been a solid program for a long time.

Are you seriously saying that Kentucky is the next Clemson? Or even close?

i know you are not the sharpest tool in the shed
where did i ever say Kentucky is next to Clemson
i did however say before Clemson became a power house and were moving upwards their fans were saying the same things UK fans are now saying

man i swear explaining things to my 5 year old granddaughter is easier then trying to explain things to you

Clemson is only 10 years removed from losing to UK in the Music city bowl

you want to troll so bad, yet are so bad at it
maybe you should take up a new hobby
you suck at this one

i know you are not the sharpest tool in the shed
where did i ever say Kentucky is next to Clemson
i did however say before Clemson became a power house and were moving upwards their fans were saying the same things UK fans are now saying

man i swear explaining things to my 5 year old granddaughter is easier then trying to explain things to you

Clemson is only 10 years removed from losing to UK in the Music city bowl

you want to troll so bad, yet are so bad at it
maybe you should take up a new hobby
you suck at this one

Ha....you make a painfully stupid comparison and you want to take shots at me? Even your 5 year old granddaughter probably did a double take after reading that.

When the **** did you hear someone say the equivalent of “you know you’re bad when Clemson fans are slamming you?” Clemson is top 20ish all time in win %. They’ve won double digit games about every other year over the last 4 decades.

Oh, but they lost to Kentucky that one time. Sweet Jesus.

Notice that my post included “or even close.” If you didn’t think that Kentucky is on the verge of developing into something really good, you wouldn’t have made your original comment. Makes little sense otherwise. I don’t think a steadily decent program would have much to gloat about.

Last edited:
This guy is a piece of work. We know how lawyers are, they'll take a completely innocent act and stretch it, rearrange it, smack it up, flip it, rub it dowwwwn oh noooo in an effort to make it look like something it ain't.

I'm sure some players were paid or given some sort of under the table gift to lure them to certain schools, but I think I'm going to wait for someone more credible than this clown says so and shows something more than his word.

But if your coach K, Cal, Self, Roy, Wright, Mack or Pitino, you can't do it, just don't. There's no reason to pay a kid or do anything under the board. Those coaches coach/coached at universities that do the selling for them.
Pitino's assistants were proven to have arranged payments for recruits.

Duke fans better hope like hell UK isn't cheating. No way you turn down Cal, UK, his NBA track record AND cash to go to Duke for free yet K been getting the better of him on the trail since 2015.

Duke fans better hope like hell UK isn't cheating. No way you turn down Cal, UK, his NBA track record AND cash to go to Duke for free yet K been getting the better of him on the trail since 2015.

You can say the same thing reversed too if we go back to 2012-2015 classes

Reactions: Quavarius
All I need junior. Keep arguing facts but I will throw this one at you. How many times has UK been smacked by the NCAA? Here’s a hint, it’s more than 1. Winking
How many years was UNC cheating by providing fake classes to keep athletes eligible? I will give you a hint. It was more than 15.

And you guys wonder why you catch flak?

They always look the other way for the big boys, unless forced to do something such as when Syracuse self-reported. Or when a hooker scandal forces their hand.

Otherwise, they’d have investigated Bam, Vanderbilt, Zion, Bagley, and a host of others.

Why can’t you guys ever leave it at “nothing will happen?”
The crazy thing is that they actually believe that they have the only clean program. Completely ignoring that up until Cal went to Kentucky.....neither Kentucky, or Cal were ever able to pull in these types of classes year after year.

Or, ignoring the fact that their coach has had a very shady past . Ignoring the rumors that linger over every single program he's ever been apart of.

Okay and my point is 5 years ago you could say "If Duke is cheating, Uk is triple cheating"

Who cares? We are talking now and this supposed revelation that "KP" is cheating with Nike. Quit being dense and stay on topic.

You lose. According to the NCAA is was 0. Winking
The NCAA and all the basketball world knows you cheated. You just did not get punished. UNC will always be known as the biggest cheaters in college basketball history. That is why 90% of this board voted for UNC as cheaters.

So from what I read on that story. Zion was looking for big big money and finally no one ended up paying that, so he just went to Duke for free where he would be set for life. Am I missing something?
How do you know he went for free?

You can say the same thing reversed too if we go back to 2012-2015 classes
I’m
Not a U.K. fan at all but I sure can’t blame them. Everybody assumes that UK cheats. Duke is getting the same level recruits Zion allegedly got offered money. He didn’t go to Kentucky. Did Duke cheat to get him? UNC has bogus classes, Louisville brought in strippers, Kansas allegedly offered Zion money, look at Arizona. Hell cant blame U.K. one bit for pointing out the obvious when all this is happening.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I’m
Not a U.K. fan at all but I sure can’t blame them. Everybody assumes that UK cheats. Duke is getting the same level recruits Zion allegedly got offered money. He didn’t go to Kentucky. Did Duke cheat to get him? UNC has bogus classes, Louisville brought in strippers, Kansas allegedly offered Zion money, look at Arizona. Hell cant blame U.K. one bit for pointing out the obvious when all this is happening.
They will Never go after duke ,coach K walks on water but cheats with the best of them.

The NCAA and all the basketball world knows you cheated. You just did not get punished. UNC will always be known as the biggest cheaters in college basketball history. That is why 90% of this board voted for UNC as cheaters.

Too bad the opinions of this board don’t count. Laughing

Who cares? We are talking now and this supposed revelation that "KP" is cheating with Nike. Quit being dense and stay on topic.
Nothing pointed to KP cheating. In fact KP stated you better watch your back Bro. and the Nike representative named several involved but none at UK. It actually points to UK not being involved.

Last edited:
Nothing pointed to KP cheating. In fact KP stated you better watch your back Bro. and the Nike representative named several players involved but none at UK. It actually points to UK players not being involved.
You had to squint pretty damn hard while standing on 1 leg with your head cocked to the side to see that message in what was printed

ADVERTISEMENT