ADVERTISEMENT

Ashton Hagans

Yet that would be your take if Kansas wasn't currently facing major violations. Laughing

I might deny the involvement of KU’s staff without proof, but I wouldn’t deny the likelihood of players taking money. Even the deniers don’t really believe in that. They just hope that people will buy their bullshit so they can keep playing the holier than thou card.

I might deny the involvement of KU’s staff without proof, but I wouldn’t deny the likelihood of players taking money. Even the deniers don’t really believe in that. They just hope that people will buy their bullshit so they can keep playing the holier than thou card.
"I know what he's asking for," Code continued. "He's asking for opportunities from an occupational perspective, he's asking for cash in the pocket and he's asking for housing for him and his family."

"I've got to just try to work and figure out a way because if that's what it takes to get him here for 10 months, we're going to have to do it some way," Townsend said.

That's not enough proof for ya? Laughing

Last edited:
"I know what he's asking for," Code continued. "He's asking for opportunities from an occupational perspective, he's asking for cash in the pocket and he's asking for housing for him and his family."

"I've got to just try to work and figure out a way because if that's what it takes to get him here for 10 months, we're going to have to do it some way," Townsend said.

Of course it's not enough. Gonna need DNA evidence. Hell, that might not even do it.

Well, first off, I thought we were talking about a hypothetical situation in which KU weren’t under investigation. But, no, an assistant showing willingness to do things to get a player that never attended KU doesn’t exactly prove he was involved in any payments.

Everybody wants to play “connect the dots” until their team’s under the microscope.

Well, first off, I thought we were talking about a hypothetical situation in which KU weren’t under investigation. But, no, an assistant showing willingness to do things to get a player that never attended KU doesn’t exactly prove he was involved in any payments.

Everybody wants to play “connect the dots” until their team’s under the microscope.
OK, yet you're the one talking about other people having their heads in the sand. RollLaugh

Of course it's not enough. Gonna need DNA evidence. Hell, that might not even do it.

Rich, considering I’ve never had my head buried, while that’s what several of you are elite at. You should really stop tying so much of your self-worth into a game played by 18 year olds that you’ll never meet. Then maybe you’ll be able to call it what it is.

Rich, considering I’ve never had my head buried, while that’s what several of you are elite at. You should really stop tying so much of your self-worth into a game played by 18 year olds that you’ll never meet. Then maybe you’ll be able to call it what it is.
Dude, don't make me dig up your posts on the matter. I'm enjoying a nice bourbon buzz right now. Don't mess it up with your homerism.

How is my head in the sand?
Obviously Kansas got outbid for Zion, but the intent to cheat was admitted in a wire-tapped phone call. Now you're trying to split hairs by saying there is no proof Kansas staff was involved in payments to players (only that the intent to pay was there). Would you have the same opinion if it was a UK assistant coach on wire-tap instead of Townsend? For some reason I doubt it.

I’m just here to watch all these haters get their hopes up that UK is in trouble!!! This shit is great!
source.gif

I’m just here to watch all these haters get their hopes up that UK is in trouble!!! This shit is great!
source.gif
I wouldn't rule it out. I, for one, am interested in hearing where a wad of cash like that came from and why he has it (unless he's slangin' a shit ton of drugs). Just because UK compliance acknowledged they have already addressed it, that doesn't necessarily mean they are saying it's a non-issue.

Reactions: Scotty00
I wouldn't rule it out. I, for one, am interested in hearing where a wad of cash like that came from and why he has it (unless he's slangin' a shit ton of drugs). Just because UK compliance has already addressed it, that doesn't necessarily mean they are saying "nothing to see here."

legally they may never say anything about it

i have no doubt the minute they looked at it they informed the NCAA and started looking into it
it could be something innocent........or not
time will tell

Obviously Kansas got outbid for Zion, but the intent to cheat was admitted in a wire-tapped phone call. Now you're trying to split hairs by saying there is no proof Kansas staff was involved in payments to players (only that the intent to pay was there). Would you have the same opinion if it was a UK assistant coach on wire-tap instead of Townsend? For some reason I doubt it.

Your first comment was in relation to a hypothetical. That’s what I responded to. As in, if there weren’t wiretaps with Townsend, then I wouldn’t be willing to admit staff involvement. Why would I?

And then I simply said that that being willing to pay (or persuade Adidas to pay) Zion does not prove that he were actually involved in paying anyone. That would be jumping to conclusions. And we know that you guys don’t like to do such things.

legally they may never say anything about it

i have no doubt the minute they looked at it they informed the NCAA and started looking into it
it could be something innocent........or not
time will tell
Yeah, my hunch is we may never know.

Reactions: mebeblue2
Your first comment was in relation to a hypothetical. That’s what I responded to. As in, if there weren’t wiretaps with Townsend, then I wouldn’t be willing to admit staff involvement. Why would I?

And then I simply said that that being willing to pay (or persuade Adidas to pay) Zion does not prove that he were actually involved in paying anyone. That would be jumping to conclusions. And we know that you guys don’t like to do such things.
But there were wiretaps with Townsend, it's not hypothetical, and he admitted his willingness to do whatever it takes to get a player to Kansas. Whether or not that player ended up at Kansas makes no difference. The intent to cheat was established loud and clear.

But there were wiretaps with Townsend, it's not hypothetical, and he admitted his willingness to do whatever it takes to get a player to Kansas. Whether or not that player ended up at Kansas makes no difference. The intent to cheat was established loud and clear.

Never denied that.

Interesting that Kentucky was on his final list. Must have been outbid also. Of course, Duke came out of nowhere to land him. Not even on his list.

Never denied that.

Interesting that Kentucky was on his final list. Must have been outbid also. Of course, Duke came out of nowhere to land him. Not even on his list.

He had a final list of like 8 and his step dad said after that UK was last on the list. in other words we were on it for prestige of the name only. if UK was offering money....... we'd be in the top 3

f**** if we were paying money....... how is Duke going to get 3 top players all SF's when UK badly needed a SF? Did UK's bank run dry that fall?

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
He had a final list of like 8 and his step dad said after that UK was last on the list. in other words we were on it for prestige of the name only. if UK was offering money....... we'd be in the top 3

f**** if we were paying money....... how is Duke going to get 3 top players all SF's when UK badly needed a SF? Did UK's bank run dry that fall?

So, your best argument against UK players getting paid is that for a few years someone else got the talent Cal usually gets. While Cal still pulled in a plethora of top-rated players. Seems sound.

Reddish was actually listed as a SG. Btw, can you explain why a team with Keldon Johnson would have been desperate for a SF?

As for Zion, sources said that Kentucky was in his top 3 at the end.

So, your best argument against UK players getting paid is that for a few years someone else got the talent Cal usually gets. While Cal still pulled in a plethora of top-rated players. Seems sound.

Reddish was actually listed as a SG. Btw, can you explain why a team with Keldon Johnson would have been desperate for a SF?

As for Zion, sources said that Kentucky was in his top 3 at the end.

No they weren't. Zion went Duke, Clemson then Kansas. UK was like 5th.

Of course UK probably cheats like every other top school. Only some schools have been caught on wires talking about it though.

No they weren't. Zion went Duke, Clemson then Kansas. UK was like 5th.

Of course UK probably cheats like every other top school. Only some schools have been caught on wires talking about it though.

Yeah, and some schools aren’t even investigated for suspicious activity. It’s rich that the NCAA is coming after KU for the Zion situation yet not even glancing at the program that came out of left field to snare him. And no, Duke was not in the final three. They weren’t on the list. It was reported to be down to South Carolina, Clemson and Kentucky.

I’m sure this Hagans situation will quietly disappear as well. Yet, somehow, your home boarders will still claim that the NCAA is out to getcha!

Last edited:
Reactions: KerryRhodes
CBS Sports:

While this next statement is almost never true when it comes to a five-star prospect deciding to play for Mike Krzyzewski, the fact of the matter is Williamson picking Duke is a surprising outcome. Heading into the weekend, 247 Sports' Crystal Ball projection had Clemson at 87 percent to land the dominating talent from Spartanburg, South Carolina. Kentucky and South Carolina were considered finalists but Duke wasn't even listed as a possibility.

CBS Sports:

While this next statement is almost never true when it comes to a five-star prospect deciding to play for Mike Krzyzewski, the fact of the matter is Williamson picking Duke is a surprising outcome. Heading into the weekend, 247 Sports' Crystal Ball projection had Clemson at 87 percent to land the dominating talent from Spartanburg, South Carolina. Kentucky and South Carolina were considered finalists but Duke wasn't even listed as a possibility.

Considering he picked Duke it's clear the media didn't know shit.

Yeah, and some schools aren’t even investigated for suspicious activity. It’s rich that the NCAA is coming after KU for the Zion situation yet not even glancing at the program that came out of left field to snare him. And no, Duke was not in the final three. They weren’t on the list. It was reported to be down to South Carolina, Clemson and Kentucky.

I’m sure this Hagans situation will quietly disappear as well. Yet, somehow, your home boarders will still claim that the NCAA is out to getcha!

You spend more time on UK's homeboard than most UK fans do. Congrats. Everyone knows the free boards on team sites are cesspools. UK just has more posters than most.

You spend more time on UK's homeboard than most UK fans do.

I love this line. Considering it’s one of the most heavily trafficked boards in existence, I don’t think that’s true.

I look at it probably once a week during the season. Basically when traffic on other boards is slow. At any given time, there are around 5 venomous topics about KU on the first page. Shouldn’t be shocking that it might draw in a few KU fans.

As for Zion, it’s not like it would be the first time a team came out of left field to get a commitment. Arizona came out of nowhere to snag Ayton at the last second. Of course, we know why.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
I love this line. Considering it’s one of the most heavily trafficked boards in existence, I don’t think that’s true.

I look at it probably once a week during the season. Basically when traffic on other boards is slow. At any given time, there are around 5 venomous topics about KU on the first page. Shouldn’t be shocking that it might draw in a few KU fans.

As for Zion, it’s not like it would be the first time a team came out of left field to get a commitment. Arizona came out of nowhere to snag Ayton at the last second. Of course, we know why.

Well, yea, because Gassnola let Self down. Laughing I kid, I kid.

Except Zion's commitment to Duke was not out of left field.

CBS Sports:

Funny. As a Duke fan and as someone who knows folks with inside information, Zion was down to Duke and Clemson.

Last year, the Stanley commitment was even a surprise to the staff.

Funny. As a Duke fan and as someone who knows folks with inside information, Zion was down to Duke and Clemson.

Last year, the Stanley commitment was even a surprise to the staff.

Timeline is important. Did Duke join the party at the 11th hour or were they always there? Why weren’t they on his public list?

Regardless, it’s beside the point.

Meant to say than most UK posters on here, doesn't change my point regardless. Homeboard says mean things about rival teams. That happens everywhere, who cares? They say plenty of stupid shit about UL, UNC and Duke too. But I don't see those fans checking out Rafters all the time like you. Or at least they don't post about it every damn day like it gives you some moral superiority.

And yes who the perceived favorites were didn't matter. Zion was asked after the commitment and said UK was like 5th. So they either didn't offer what he wanted or didn't offer enough. What we do know is he asked for a bunch of stuff from Kansas but committed to Duke.

giphy.gif

Well done UK fans, you’ve flipped this thread away from Hagans.
This deserves a bump. A guy from Kentucky is out there flashing cash but the topic is now all about Zion, Duke and Kansas.

That's pretty impressive, actually. Very well done, BBN.

It is good to finally see that Kentucky is one of us though. It's not 100% evidence that they are dirty (just like we don't have that on anybody else) but it's something the rest of us can work with from now on. Welcome to our world.

This deserves a bump. A guy from Kentucky is out there flashing cash but the topic is now all about Zion, Duke and Kansas.

It is good to finally see that Kentucky is one of us though. It's not 100% evidence that they are dirty (just like we don't have that on anybody else) but it's something the rest of us can work with from now on. Welcome to our world.

Big difference when your coach/program has been served documentation from the NCAA.

Not a good look from Hagans, though I’m not surprised. Nor shocked at the yut fans defending it tooth and nail.

Now everyone can see just how ******ed their fanbase truly is.

So is Kentucky in trouble or is this just for rivals and known cheaters (KU and Louisville) to come in and pop some hate boners? Looks like the later

Maybe this will finally replace their worn out drivel about Bledsoe. The ensuing tantrums should be fun to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT