ADVERTISEMENT

Ashton Hagans

The only point you made is you can’t stay on the topic of this thread. I get it, you don’t want to address the elephant in the room. It’s much easier to point the finger.

You obviously can't read. I've addressed the topic twice in this thread.

You obviously can't read. I've addressed the topic twice in this thread.
You obviously have a tough time understanding how social constructs work within conversations. You didn’t address anything to me, aside from a subtle deflection to Louisville. Good stuff.

Latter*

Also, if it were any other team. You guys would be all over this. Tbh, idrc. I know it’ll be swept under the rug, but it’s still not a good look. What sophomore in college has that kinda bread?
That’s pocket change to Cole Anthony.

Reactions: UL_1986
One is hearsay. Look, I'm not saying any program should be wearing all-white, but surely you understand the difference between the evidence. Maybe it's just a case of Kansas getting caught/punished for what everyone is doing, or maybe it's a case of the NCAA reaching too far with the evidence that it has, but there's a reason the NCAA is moving on Kansas, not UNC/Duke/UK, with this evidence.

I'm not saying that it's apples to apples. I'm just lumping them into a category of "this looks bad."

Is there a good reason that they're not investigating Zion's recruitment at Duke? There are texts between Nike execs discussing paying him 35,000+, along with the Townsend conversation.

Instead, they're attempting to hammer KU for simply discussing it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big_Blue79
Bc UK and Duke wear a checkmark and Kansas and Louisville wear three stripes.

Don’t believe me? Then explain how will wade and Sean Miller still have jobs, bc what they said on the wire was wayyy more damning than anything said by any other schools ASSISTANT coaches, some of whom went to jail, while wade and miller continue to rake in paychecks for being Head Coaches.

And regardless if Hagans parents are loaded or not, I highly doubt they give their 18-20 yeaor old son 20-50k walking around money. But whoever said nothing will come of this hit the nail on the head. Hagans will be gone to the league and not have to answer to the ncaa IF they ever even look into it.

It is interesting that KU is one of the only schools under investigation whose staff isn't directly linked to payments, yet the NCAA seems to want to hammer them harder.

Is there a good reason that they're not investigating Zion's recruitment at Duke? There are texts between Nike execs discussing paying him 35,000+, along with the Townsend conversation.

Instead, they're attempting to hammer KU for simply discussing it.
Definitely agree with this. That recruitment should be looked into from all angles, not just the KU side. Unsurprisingly, the talking heads haven't mentioned this more.

I get the feeling that the NCAA doesn’t want to start peeling this onion, because it would be hard, it's a hassel, they wouldn't make money on it, it would ruin their product and they really don’t want to know what's inside the onion, because then they would have to deal with it and they know what all of us know, which is that they suck at dealing with shit like this. They know they would screw it up.

They pick and choose what they will deal with and what they want to sweep under the rug and their punishments are anything but consistent. They are the worst organization I have ever seen.

I get the feeling that the NCAA doesn’t want to start peeling this onion, because it would be hard, it's a hassel, they wouldn't make money on it, it would ruin their product and they really don’t want to know what's inside the onion, because then they would have to deal with it and they know what all of us know, which is that they suck at dealing with shit like this. They know they would screw it up.

They pick and choose what they will deal with and what they want to sweep under the rug and their punishments are anything but consistent. They are the worst organization I have ever seen.
They cherry pick who they want to hammer, which in turn shows inconsistency to the rest of the country. I agree. It’s a pitiful organization.

They cherry pick who they want to hammer, which in turn shows inconsistency to the rest of the country. I agree. It’s a pitiful organization.
I really wish there was an alternative, because the NCAA is crooked as it sits right now.

I know this has been talked about before, but I would be all in on Jay Bilas taking over as the commissioner.

I know that means a Dukie would be in charge, but I think he would improve the NCAA 10 fold.

Reactions: UL_1986
I really wish there was an alternative, because the NCAA is crooked as it sits right now.

I know this has been talked about before, but I would be all in on Jay Bilas taking over as the commissioner.

I know that means a Dukie would be in charge, but I think he would improve the NCAA 10 fold.
Honestly I totally agree. I think integrity would be restored, because the way things are going right now...it’s making me and plenty of others I personally know, in turn watch much more NBA. I’ll always be a Louisville fan, but with the way things are being handled. I find ncaa basketball less enjoyable as each season goes on.

Honestly I totally agree. I think integrity would be restored, because the way things are going right now...it’s making me and plenty of others I personally know, in turn watch much more NBA. I’ll always be a Louisville fan, but with the way things are being handled. I find ncaa basketball less enjoyable as each season goes on.
I try my best to separate the games from all the other bs and focus on the kids playing the game. I still see enough heart on the court to keep my interest at a high level. If that ever goes away, well, I'd be out.

I try my best to separate the games from all the other bs and focus on the kids playing the game. I still see enough heart on the court to keep my interest at a high level. If that ever goes away, well, I'd be out.
Likewise, players like Sutton make the game enjoyable for me. He won’t be the NBA but the dude plays his heart out.

I have proof that Patrick Patterson received money. I took this photo at Greg White's basketball camp... Also found out that John Wall was going to commit before he announced.
P
4616_1149272420057_4908397_n.jpg

-PAXP-deijE.gif
-PAXP-deijE.gif
Yeah, but those are $10 bills. They could maybe hit Hardee's.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
somehow, your home boarders will still claim that the NCAA is out to getcha!
The NCAA would never punish UK all at once. That would be medicine we'd have to swallow all at once and pipe down. They prefer Death by 1000 Cuts;
  • poor tourney seeding
  • refs that look the other way with shot clock violations by opposing teams
  • last second tip-ins from opponents that would otherwise be offensive goaltending, etc.

A slow-acting poison that sloooowwly drives a man mad!

giphy.gif

So, your best argument against UK players getting paid is that for a few years someone else got the talent Cal usually gets. While Cal still pulled in a plethora of top-rated players. Seems sound.

Reddish was actually listed as a SG. Btw, can you explain why a team with Keldon Johnson would have been desperate for a SF?

As for Zion, sources said that Kentucky was in his top 3 at the end.
We didnt even get on Johnson until both Barrett and Reddish picked Duke..........

SMEAR CAMPAIGN!!! This Video Of Ashton Hagans Posing With Cash Is Actually Old And A Louisville Fan Is Trying To Ruin UK's Season

"So this video is starting to circulate on Twitter and Reddit thanks to someone who calls themselves UofLSherriff. What a dumbass name that is. Anyways, we all know that Ashton Hagans missed yesterday's game to Florida to deal with some personal shit and get his mind right. Now after a ridiculous comeback, Louisville media has posted this video trying to smear the momentum that Kentucky has with Hagans expected to return for the SEC Tournament.

The problem is this video is actually old and had nothing to do with why he missed yesterday's game.

I think it's weirder that someone who goes by UofLSherriff is following Ashton Hagans on Snapchat and admitted he waited to release the video. Hmm wonder why? First off, if you care about a kid having any sort of cash you're just a ****ing loser. Second, Louisville screaming that this HAS to mean more and it can't just be a dumbass video posted by Hagans is hilarious. What program came up during the FBI investigation? I seem to forget. What program had a title banner pulled down? Can't remember. "

SMEAR CAMPAIGN!!! This Video Of Ashton Hagans Posing With Cash Is Actually Old And A Louisville Fan Is Trying To Ruin UK's Season

"So this video is starting to circulate on Twitter and Reddit thanks to someone who calls themselves UofLSherriff. What a dumbass name that is. Anyways, we all know that Ashton Hagans missed yesterday's game to Florida to deal with some personal shit and get his mind right. Now after a ridiculous comeback, Louisville media has posted this video trying to smear the momentum that Kentucky has with Hagans expected to return for the SEC Tournament.

The problem is this video is actually old and had nothing to do with why he missed yesterday's game.

I think it's weirder that someone who goes by UofLSherriff is following Ashton Hagans on Snapchat and admitted he waited to release the video. Hmm wonder why? First off, if you care about a kid having any sort of cash you're just a ****ing loser. Second, Louisville screaming that this HAS to mean more and it can't just be a dumbass video posted by Hagans is hilarious. What program came up during the FBI investigation? I seem to forget. What program had a title banner pulled down? Can't remember. "

Insert Jennifer Lawrence " yeah okay " gif here.

He would be my pick as well.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Yeah, KU has been looking sketchy for about 10 years now. It's a pre-season tradition at Kansas to have atleast one guy's eligibility being looked into by the NCAA. There's been far too many nothing to see here moments. Lol. That's mainly why I avoid the discussions about it when they come up around here.
We have a dorm for our players and we also have a local reporter who has camped out in the bushes.

Ashton $$$ Money Hagans!! This thread delivers.

I thought they were fake too, but the video was kind of dark and I didn't want to come off like a homer, so I just let it be.

ADVERTISEMENT