ADVERTISEMENT

Ashton Hagans

This is great.

giphy.gif

Reactions: JC for 3
I don't really care about this at all. I assume most people don't. Then again, I don't really care if dudes get paid either. I do get Louisville fans making an issue with it though. That is what rivals do.
Sure. When you can't win on the court, you look for other things to chirp about.

Reactions: kyjeff1
If hagans is actually guilty of receiving some kind of impermissible benefits in the form of large sums of cash it’s almost assuredly from point shaving.

I certainly hope no one connected to the program is paying a point guard for 3.5 turnovers a game and sub 30% three point shooting. Otherwise we’re getting ripped off.

I think it’d be fun to guess what the rest of UKs players got. Maxey has been pretty good....$100K?

Do you really think Hagans is going to act a fool and cause UK to lose against Tenn if he's getting money from Nike or a UK booster? No... , you dont want to jeopardize another payday....

If its bad... its from an agent. and if thats the case...and we suspended him ....... then like Cliff Alexander and KU.... nothing is going to happen to UK and UK isnt to blame.

If hagans is actually guilty of receiving some kind of impermissible benefits in the form of large sums of cash it’s almost assuredly from point shaving.

I certainly hope no one connected to the program is paying a point guard for 3.5 turnovers a game and sub 30% three point shooting. Otherwise we’re getting ripped off.

if someone wants to try and prove Cal and UK are paying players....... go for it........ if they are that stupid to pay Hagans money for the very little he gives and the attitude problems then people deserve to be fired for a gross penalty of mismanaging funds lol

So UL fans... how bigs your melt down gonna be when nothing comes of this? because UK isnt getting in trouble..... this is no different than Chane getting caught having money and driving a nice car.

interesting how that was just borrowed from a friend with Chane but its automatically a major violation when a UK player has money. UK says its from a friend letting him use it for a video..... and nothing happens.

Well, he was higher rated than Dotson, and I was told last year that he was the better player.

Do you really think Hagans is going to act a fool and cause UK to lose against Tenn if he's getting money from Nike or a UK booster? No... , you dont want to jeopardize another payday....

If its bad... its from an agent. and if thats the case...and we suspended him ....... then like Cliff Alexander and KU.... nothing is going to happen to UK and UK isnt to blame.

Hasn’t he acted like a fool regardless?

Well, he was higher rated than Dotson, and I was told last year that he was the better player.

Roster continuity certainly helps. Who did you guys lose from last seasons roster aside from Vick?

Im not saying Dotson isn’t the better player btw. In hindsight hagans being ahead of Dotson was probably about athleticism and pro prospects more than anything.

Dotson is far and away the better college player but draft.net still has hagans ahead of him(only slightly).

Hasn’t he acted like a fool regardless?

The video is acting a fool regardles but I'm talking about refusing to go in the game and when he did, he argued with team mates and staff members and half assed it letting Tenn score easy baskets...having lazy turnovers. that sh*t just doesnt happen if you want another payday from a school or Nike...

and like i said before.......... prove its UK and I will gladly fire Cal and staff for spending that much money on a kid shooting 26% from 3 and 6 turnovers a game in most of the SEC games. they'd deserved to be fired 10 times over for mismanagement of that much money.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I don't really care about this at all. I assume most people don't. Then again, I don't really care if dudes get paid either. I do get Louisville fans making an issue with it though. That is what rivals do.

They should get paid.
They generate billions of dollars in revenues for the schools and TV.
uofk fans have been sore and praying for UofL to be hit with a major scandal when they had their 4th major scandal in 89'.

The irony was it took a slimy ex uofk coach to do it.

They should get paid.
They generate billions of dollars in revenues for the schools and TV.
uofk fans have been sore and praying for UofL to be hit with a major scandal when they had their 4th major scandal in 89'.

The irony was it took a slimy ex uofk coach to do it.

Crum got hit with violations too. You forget that era?

Roster continuity certainly helps. Who did you guys lose from last seasons roster aside from Vick?

Im not saying Dotson isn’t the better player btw. In hindsight hagans being ahead of Dotson was probably about athleticism and pro prospects more than anything.

Dotson is far and away the better college player but draft.net still has hagans ahead of him(only slightly).

I’m pretty sure that Kentucky’s rotation has the same number of returnees as KU’s. Remember, Azubuike missed almost the entire season. KU lost Lawson, his brother, Moore, Vick and Grimes.

Reactions: Montana81
I just wish fans could come to the rational agreement that every single program has players that receive impermissible benefits. You really have to have your head up your ass if you believe otherwise.

Reactions: Villian07 and wesr
I just wish fans could come to the rational agreement that every single program has players that receive impermissible benefits. You really have to have your head up your ass if you believe otherwise.

Just about every top 100 player is getting something. But some would prefer to preach and point the finger than accept this.

i agree to an extent
i do not think most schools pay players, as a matter-of-fact i think very few do
i do think most players do not get paid

when a school is caught they need to man up and pay the price without all the whining and crying
in other words, be accountable (including fans)

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
i agree to an extent
i do not think most schools pay players, as a matter-of-fact i think very few do
i do think most players do not get paid

when a school is caught they need to man up and pay the price without all the whining and crying
in other words, be accountable (including fans)
Every coach knows how it works. Every major coach knows he recruits guys on the take. To believe otherwise is insane. Most are smart enough to let others handle it.

I hope whoever paid Hagans gets their money back

Yep. BUT.....they can dish it out----but, well, you know.

Reactions: HRTheCard
Every coach knows how it works. Every major coach knows he recruits guys on the take. To believe otherwise is insane. Most are smart enough to let others handle it.
This 100%. You will never convince me that elite kids at KU, UK, UNC, Duke, etc, etc....don't have kids on their roster---or had----that didn't receive $$$ somewhere, from someone. ...To try and say a kid who was offered, lets say $100K by School A, turned that down to go play at School B, C, D or E, for FREE, is quite naive. Not saying some kids said "no". I am sure they did, i.e. UK players.:D...JK....well, sort of.

Its not a regional thing.....Its not an Adidas thing. Its a BASKETBALL thing. And its a problem. I see it at the AAU level....Elite camps I work. I see kids who I know there families are,well, not financially sound-----picking up $400 dinner tabs....Their kids waering $500 headphones.....texting on $1,200 phones.. I mean, c'mon...

Reactions: toonces11
ADVERTISEMENT