ADVERTISEMENT

Another school shooting

Eyeroll You're just being a little prick at this point. You can't just disagree with me without trying to act like an internet tough guy. Keep angry typing behind that keyboard snowflake.

I'm sorry I hit a nerve.

2isQ.gif

Yes, your AR-15 is gonna do a lot of good against a tyrannous government that would have a list of everyone who owns them. They would just blow your house up with a B-15 and be done with it. An invading nation? This isn't fvcking Red Dawn.
I mean I can't even comprehend this level of dumb. No country has ever invaded another country and held its citizens hostage Laughing nope. Never happened in the history of the world. I bet the citizens of Poland wish they had guns in the late 30's. What a dumb fvck you are.

Reactions: treyforuk
I mean I can't even comprehend this level of dumb. No country has ever invaded another country and held its citizens hostage Laughing nope. Never happened in the history of the world. I bet the citizens of Poland wish they had guns in the late 30's. What a dumb fvck you are.

Yup I definitely hit a nerve. And yes, the citizens of Poland would definitely have toppled the Nazi regime if only they had guns!

Eyeroll You're just being a little prick at this point. You can't just disagree with me without trying to act like an internet tough guy. Keep angry typing behind that keyboard snowflake.
Yeah. These guys provide nothing to anything. They say they want to politicize this but won't have an actual discussion on it unless you are 100% in agreement with them.

I havent seen any liberal provide any real solution.
1. more comprehensive background checks
2. longer waiting periods
3. no gun show or private sale loopholes
4. immediate (though perhaps temporary) confiscation of guns from people accused of domestic violence... or a broader range of violence, maybe
5. gun registry
6. strict storage requirements
7. required training
8. required mental health check-ups
9. magazine sizes
10. no bump stocks
11. no more military grade weapons available for sale to civilians

Last time I posted such a list, you did exactly what I said: called it all stupid, dismissed it... probably called me something profane.

One of those items has to be the least stupid. Which is it? How would you fine tune it?

Reactions: Hoya1987
As soon as the left recognizes that not every problem will be solved by taking away everyone's guns. It goes both ways. Takes both sides working together in order to fix something like this. Pulling teeth one way or the other won't help.
The answer is taking away everyone's guns. Literally the whole world is laughing at America's obsession with guns.

Conservatives need to do the right thing and give up their guns for the safety of this country. Australia implemented a successful gun buyback program a few decades ago and the rate of gun-related crimes dropped significantly.

If someone wants to kill you, they"ll find a way to kill you. Having a gun in your home is more likely to endanger yourself, your family and your community than any perpetrator. Stats show that household shooters are often likely to be related to or familiar with victims rather than committing random acts of violence.

At the minimum, there needs to be serious limits put in place to make it impossible for minors to purchase any sort of gun and for other to purchase firearms.

While that is what some people have literally said, I don't think it was meant literally.

These conversations have a history of going exactly like this one has. We haven't seen the slightest change in gun laws in response to all these mass shootings. Politicians beholden to the NRA refuse to budge. Those politicians are primarily Republicans/conservatives.
So now I have to be a mind reader to decipher what The actual meaning of what’s being said, on an anonymous message board? Lol.

And it’s not true at all laws haven’t been introduced and/or passed. Fix NICS is just the most recent.

Could it not be because conservatives don’t think banning any guns will actually do anything? Could it not be that conservatives don’t believe Democrats will stop with “moderate” gun laws once these incidents continue to happen?

The answer is taking away everyone's guns. Literally the whole world is laughing at America's obsession with guns.

Conservatives need to do the right thing and give up their guns for the safety of this country. Australia implemented a successful gun buyback program a few decades ago and the rate of gun-related crimes dropped significantly.

If someone wants to kill you, they"ll find a way to kill you. Having a gun in your home is more likely to endanger yourself, your family and your community than any perpetrator. Stats show that household shooters are often likely to be related to or familiar with victims rather than committing random acts of violence.

At the minimum, there needs to be serious limits put in place to make it impossible for minors to purchase any sort of gun and for other to purchase firearms.
^Okay, there's one. Eyeroll

lol, just no. I'm sure the countries suffering in the middle east are laughing at us right now.

Reactions: SNU0821
4. immediate (though perhaps temporary) confiscation of guns from people accused of domestic violence... or a broader range of violence, maybe
5. gun registry
7. required training
9. magazine sizes
10. no bump stocks

Last time I posted such a list, you did exactly what I said: called it all stupid, dismissed it... probably called me something profane.

One of those items has to be the least stupid. Which is it? How would you fine tune it?
Some I can get on board with, but most are over the top and won’t do anything or are impractical.

5. gun registry
7. required training
9. magazine sizes
10. no bump stocks

I do not disagree with any of that.

There are an estimated 300 million guns in the US, and that number is only going higher. You are never going to take away everyone's guns, and it would be an absolute nightmare to try and do. It would only lead to more bloodshed Banning the guns that can inflict the most harm and have no actual use besides mass killing (IE AR15's) while enforcing much more stringent background checks is exactly where the US should start.

So now I have to be a mind reader to decipher what The actual meaning of what’s being said, on an anonymous message board? Lol.

And it’s not true at all laws haven’t been introduced and/or passed. Fix NICS is just the most recent.

Could it not be because conservatives don’t think banning any guns will actually do anything? Could it not be that conservatives don’t believe Democrats will stop with “moderate” gun laws once these incidents continue to happen?
No. If you were expected to be a mind reader, I wouldn't have explained it.

Fix NICS? What did that do (quick version)?

When we have tried next to nothing, dismissing any kind of ban at all just seems like self-interest. Democrats have been in charge before. The Heller case was within our lifetime. Gun ownership has been safe throughout the existence of our country.

There are an estimated 300 million guns in the US, and that number is only going higher. You are never going to take away everyone's guns, and it would be an absolute nightmare to try and do. It would only lead to more bloodshed Banning the guns that can inflict the most harm and have no actual use besides mass killing (IE AR15's) while enforcing much more stringent background checks is exactly where the US should start.
I think most if not all reasonable people would agree at the very least, in principle.

No. If you were expected to be a mind reader, I wouldn't have explained it.

Fix NICS? What did that do (quick version)?

When we have tried next to nothing, dismissing any kind of ban at all just seems like self-interest. Democrats have been in charge before. The Heller case was within our lifetime. Gun ownership has been safe throughout the existence of our country.
Forces states to report more data to the background check systems (bad/overly simplified explanation).

5. gun registry
7. required training
9. magazine sizes
10. no bump stocks

This is very reasonable. Thank you, Dat. I'm not sure why this was so hard for the other lefties to do. They must still be melting.

lol, just no. I'm sure the countries suffering in the middle east are laughing at us right now.
Dude, you do realize having a gun in your possession isn't going to deter a tyrannical regime from rounding you up and/or murdering you if they wanted to right?

What's your plan here exactly? If 5 govt officers burst into your home you're going to go 007 on them and murder the whole lot? You might tag one before they kill you and even that's unlikely since they're like to be more skilled than you.

You're a smart guy but what you're suggesting is laughable.

Fair enough, a man can dream through right?

Reactions: Hoya1987
Which would be an easier, more logical solution?

A) outlaw guns

B) increase security at our schools

I am for restructuring the laws around owning guns. I think it is too easy for anybody to get their hands on guns. But simply applying more restrictions on gun control will not solve these kinds of shootings. So if you think the "tool" is to blame, getting rid of the tool all together is the only way to make it work. People who intend on using guns to kill other people probably don't give a shit if it is legal or not. So I don't see how people can say, "I love to shoot guns, I own rifles" and then say that we need to do something about guns.

If you own guns, you may be contributing to violence. Someone could break into your house and steal your rifles and use them to kill other people. A family member could do it as well. So we can take the impossible route and try to get rid of guns entirely, or we can make changes to how we protect our schools. Which is not an easy fix, but one that has a much better chance of working than getting rid of guns. And frankly, should have been done a long time ago.

Both democrats and republicans have blood on their hands. And their asses because they've been sitting on their hands for this long.

B

Dude, you do realize having a gun in your possession isn't going to deter a tyrannical regime from rounding you up and/or murdering you if they wanted to right?

What's your plan here exactly? If 5 govt officers burst into your home you're going to go 007 on them and murder the whole lot? You might tag one before they kill you and even that's unlikely since they're like to be more skilled than you.

You're a smart guy but what you're suggesting is laughable.

Fair enough, a man can dream through right?
No nish, its reality. I mean come on. If a county has armed citizens it is far less likely to be attacked. There is a reason America has never had anyone try to invade us when literally every other country has. I’m not the only armed guy around believe it or not. It’s just simple logic that you are less likely to be attacked if you have protection.

No nish, its reality. I mean come on. If a county has armed citizens it is far less likely to be attacked. There is a reason America has never had anyone try to invade us when literally every other country has. I’m not the only armed guy around believe it or not. It’s just simple logic that you are less likely to be attacked if you have protection.
I carry daily

Reactions: JimboBBN
Believe it or not shotguns and pistols are still actually guns and all are deadly.
Also, a school shooting betting stopped is awesome, but the school today had TWO officers with weapons. What happened? 10 people still died. FYI the media did report on it. Do you expect a full blown cycle like when 10 kids are brutally murdered? But I guess that doesn't fit right wing narratives either.
Ok. I' on page 3. So I'm going to ask. Is school bullying involved?. Picked on kids feel helpless. And no one is reaching out. Shouldn't this be addressed before we start knee jerking?

America loves guns more than it loves kids. Now that that's out the way. What are we going to do?
What would you propose "we" do? Guns are part of the problem. Maybe. IMO, there needs to be some type of restriction/ban, etc, etc...on weapons design to kill at a high rate, in a short period of time. To me, those type of weapons, have no place in society. There is a difference in a gun---opposed to a weapon. Learned that in the service when I called my "weapon", my "gun".
THe problem is............Well, it's crazy people. It's people who've been bullied, or abused. Lets tackle THAT issue. To me, we start to make progress there, we'll start to make progress with all these school shootings.

Reactions: treyforuk
Im going to rant here. Some make sense...some not. I dunno. But this stuff is sickening, man.

* We hear- "I cannot fathom thinking of my child being shot". Well maybe we need to start thinking--"I cannot fathom my kid being the SHOOTER". In other words, it(problem) starts with parenting. Kids haven't changed man---Parents have. Hold your kids accountable. Teach them respect. I've told my kids---I ever hear of you making fun of another person, I will fvcking throat punch you. Discipline, man. Good old fashion discipline. parents today are fvcking scared to discipline thier children: NOT ME. Parents are caught up trying to be their kids' friend, insead of their god damn parent. My kids are not my "friends"--They are my kids. I don't treat my friends like I would my kids. So why the **** treat your kids like you would your friends?

So......Problem 1 has been identified: Parenting.

Problem 2: Bullying.

Stop the shit man. Just stop. Treat it as a crime. Bullying is the main culprit as to why these kids are going to school and ****ing shooting everyone. So address it. Its a god damn problem people. Maybe, just maybe, THE problem. But its not a "sexy story" for the meadia, or politicians. Its ignored by society. And its the monster that no one see's. Why? Well, see above. It has to be addressed as fiercely as we address gun control. If you are a teacher, and you witness bullying, address it. If you are a student who's been punsihed for bullying, then you should be required to successfully complete counseling courses before returning to the hallways. And on your parents dime. This could help said kid, and maybe bring light(and help) to an underlying issue, i.e. mental/physical abuse at home. If a kid is has more than one---yes, ONE, bullying offense at school---Good bye. Expel them. Harsh? Yeah, maybe. But not as harsh as 10 kids losing their lives.

Problem 3: Automatic weapons.

No use for them in society. I mean I get the whole recreational thing. But sometimes, collateral damage is part of gaining control. Threre is simply no use for a weapon in society that is designed to kill in high quantity, and in a very short time period. Just none. BAN the bumpstock. No use for it. Its a device designed to allow to , well, kill at a muich faster rate. I mean unless deer start running at 65mph, there's really no use for this type of weaponry in our society.

Its just so tiresome. There is a reason we don't hear about this shit in other countries. So maybe we should ask them----What the fvck are you guys doing? Because obviously what we are doing ain't working.

Just sad. It really, really is.

ADVERTISEMENT