ADVERTISEMENT

Another school shooting

I say nutty things like this usually in response to things like this

from the other side. Surely you get that.

It's a fact tho. Sorry. If we can't even discuss guns when dealing with mass shootings , one has to deduce that people prefer guns over people and in this instance, kids.

There are lots of people who think Sandy Hook was a hoax. Lots of people think other mass shootings were hoax. I wish I was making that up.

Nothing. Just like after Columbine. After Virginia Tech. After Newtown. Etc etc etc
But an AR-15 wasn't used at Virginia Tech. An AR-15 wasn't used today (at least from what I heard it was a shotgun and a pistol). How in the world will the liberals spin this to fit their narrative all while spewing out misleading stats on "gun violence" in our country?

Also, why aren't we or the media discussing the school shooting that was stopped LAST WEEK by a school resource officer? Why not? Probably because it doesn't fit the lefties agenda.

Reactions: SillBelf
It's a fact tho. Sorry. If we can't even discuss guns when dealing with mass shootings , one has to deduce that people prefer guns over people and in this instance, kids.

There are lots of people who think Sandy Hook was a hoax. Lots of people think other mass shootings are hoax. I wish I was making that up.
Except its not a fact. This is why people can't have nice political discussions. People want to pass off crazy statements like that as facts. Especially when you've had republicans admit we could use some gun control in this very thread. Extreme takes like this will end in nothing but more bickering.

Reactions: SNU0821
I don't know what it's going to take. Hopefully this doesn't have to hit close to home for you to change your mind and realize the status quo isn't working.

Saying things like this don't further any conversation about a solution. It's comments like this that KEEP us from finding a solution. I can just as easily say that every liberal wants to ban all guns. Hilary and countless other democrats have made reference to the Australian gun buy back or an outright ban of all guns. One has to think that those people don't care about the safety of the normal every day Americans by wanting to take their guns away.

See how counter productive that type of statement is?

Saying things like this don't further any conversation about a solution. It's comments like this that KEEP us from finding a solution. I can just as easily say that every liberal wants to ban all guns. Hilary and countless other democrats have made reference to the Australian gun buy back or an outright ban of all guns. One has to think that those people don't care about the safety of the normal every day Americans by wanting to take their guns away.

See how counter productive that type of statement is?
Trump going to win again in 2020, liberals still passing off crazy opinions as facts because you don't agree with them.

I don't know what it's going to take. Hopefully this doesn't have to hit close to home for you to change your mind and realize the status quo isn't working.
Yup. And I hope it doesn't hit close to home for you either before you realize that taking away this gun or that gun won't stop someone from doing bad things if their mind is set on it. Time to harden the schools because the status quo isn't working.

SNU never fails in these threads. Straight up lunatic.
Awww. Your feelings hurt you little bitch? Can I buy you a Make America Great Again hat? I want you to wear it when Trump wins again in 2020.

In all seriousness, what's crazy with ANYTHING I've posted in this thread. Please use facts instead of your delicate little feelings.

Yup. And I hope it doesn't hit close to home for you either before you realize that taking away this gun or that gun won't stop someone from doing bad things if their mind is set on it. Time to harden the schools because the status quo isn't working.

We're talking mass shootings here. We'll get to mass stabbings when they become a problem!

We're talking mass shootings here.
I agree. Taking away guns isn't going to stop a crazy person from doing bad things. Again, look at London. They took guns away (basically), and the number of stabbings shot up. Now they want to ban knives. KNIVES. So what happens next? Ban bats, hammers, bomb making material, cars? My whole point is the tool shouldn't be the only focus. It should be PART of the solution but not THE solution.

There are plenty of things that can be done in regards to guns. I'm fine with the age limit being 21 to buy any gun. I'm good with an extended background check and wait period. Any reasonable person wanting to buy a gun shouldn't care if they have to wait a week or a month for the background check to go through. I think we obviously need to incorporate social media into background checks if that's even possible. BUT, I also think we need to harden schools. Metal detectors and additional armed resource officers. We need BOTH sides of this equation to come together and figure out a comprehensive solution. But as we can clearly see, each side digs in their heels and blames the other and that's why nothing will change.

I agree. Taking away guns isn't going to stop a crazy person from doing bad things. Again, look at London. They took guns away (basically), and the number of stabbings shot up. Now they want to ban knives. KNIVES. So what happens next? Ban bats, hammers, bomb making material, cars? My whole point is the tool shouldn't be the only focus. It should be PART of the solution but not THE solution.

How many people were killed in those stabbings?

Q if you weren't busy telling me I was wrong and passing off opinions as truth you would have seen I agreed with you that we need stronger gun control.

I wasn't saying YOU were passing off opinion as fact, I was saying those who love guns more than kids (the ones that deny mass shootings and called Sandy Hook a hoax) are the ones passing that opinion off as fact. You went 0 to Donald Trump on me. Lol

Reactions: JimboBBN
Awww. Your feelings hurt you little bitch? Can I buy you a Make America Great Again hat? I want you to wear it when Trump wins again in 2020.

In all seriousness, what's crazy with ANYTHING I've posted in this thread. Please use facts instead of your delicate little feelings.
You simply have no self-awareness and the fact that you come in these threads, hours after these tragedies and start thumping your chest and spewing so much garbage justifying gun ownership to downplay these shootings speaks volumes about the type of person you are. This is coming from a guy who shot guns his whole childhood and owns rifles.

The fact that your first post was trying to downplay this shooting by bringing up some random resource officer who stopped a shooting is just so LOL. You're just super ignorant and it's great to see. Thanks for providing entertainment to the board.

I wasn't saying YOU were passing off opinion as fact, I was saying those who love guns more than kids (the ones that deny mass shootings and called Sandy Hook a hoax) are the ones passing that opinion off as fact. You went 0 to Donald Trump on me. Lol
My mistake

But an AR-15 wasn't used at Virginia Tech. An AR-15 wasn't used today (at least from what I heard it was a shotgun and a pistol). How in the world will the liberals spin this to fit their narrative all while spewing out misleading stats on "gun violence" in our country?

Also, why aren't we or the media discussing the school shooting that was stopped LAST WEEK by a school resource officer? Why not? Probably because it doesn't fit the lefties agenda.

Believe it or not shotguns and pistols are still actually guns and all are deadly.
Also, a school shooting betting stopped is awesome, but the school today had TWO officers with weapons. What happened? 10 people still died. FYI the media did report on it. Do you expect a full blown cycle like when 10 kids are brutally murdered? But I guess that doesn't fit right wing narratives either.

You simply have no self-awareness and the fact that you come in these threads, hours after these tragedies and start thumping your chest and spewing so much garbage justifying gun ownership to downplay these shootings speaks volumes about the type of person you are. This is coming from a guy who shot guns his whole childhood and owns rifles.

The fact that your first post was trying to downplay this shooting by bringing up some random resource officer who stopped a shooting is just so LOL. You're just super ignorant and it's great to see. Thanks for providing entertainment to the board.
So no facts in anything I said, just your delicate feelings. Poor guy. It must be so hard for you out in the real world. What's it like thinking everything is all puppy dogs and rainbows?

If you would care to read anything I actually wrote, you'd see that a solution I outlined is hardening our schools which includes additional resource officers. Me adding the story about the school shooting in Illinois that was stopped because of an armed resource officer, backs up that it could be a solution to pursue. But instead of wanting to talk through things, your little feelings got all hurt and you just turn to insults.

It's great knowing that people like you exist because you're a great reason why Trump got elected and will probably win again. Lulz.

Believe it or not shotguns and pistols are still actually guns and all are deadly.
Also, a school shooting betting stopped is awesome, but the school today had TWO officers with weapons. What happened? 10 people still died. FYI the media did report on it. Do you expect a full blown cycle like when 10 kids are brutally murdered? But I guess that doesn't fit right wing narratives either.
If the media, meaning national media outlets instead of just the local, actually ran the story of a school shooting that was stopped then I missed it. Honest mistake if true.

And so what's your solution? Honest question. Ban guns? Also, the school resource officer today engaged the shooter. I don't think it's too far fetched to say that if he didn't the shooter could have killed/injured more people. Can't prove that one way or another, but it's not a large leap.

Trump going to win again in 2020, liberals still passing off crazy opinions as facts because you don't agree with them.

Trump shouldn't have won in 16. But democrats are morons and somehow picked the one candidate that would lose to him. They are terrible, but at least they don't celebrate kids getting murdered.

Trump shouldn't have won in 16. But democrats are morons and somehow picked the one candidate that would lose to him. They are terrible, but at least they don't celebrate kids getting murdered.
You're right. The democrats stand up for MS-13 instead, they're really good people.

Who celebrates kids getting murdered? Facts only please.

I'm all for trying to have a reasonable discussion with anyone, regardless of political affiliation, but that is hard for me to do when you say something like that.

Reactions: keith37 and SNU0821
I'm all for trying to have a reasonable discussion with anyone, regardless of political affiliation, but that is hard for me to do when you say something like that.
Yup. Where are the liberals like Blaire (@B-Westy) calling out the lack of self awareness and ignorance of a comment so over the top like that? Silent. Weird.

Which would be an easier, more logical solution?

A) outlaw guns

B) increase security at our schools

I am for restructuring the laws around owning guns. I think it is too easy for anybody to get their hands on guns. But simply applying more restrictions on gun control will not solve these kinds of shootings. So if you think the "tool" is to blame, getting rid of the tool all together is the only way to make it work. People who intend on using guns to kill other people probably don't give a shit if it is legal or not. So I don't see how people can say, "I love to shoot guns, I own rifles" and then say that we need to do something about guns.

If you own guns, you may be contributing to violence. Someone could break into your house and steal your rifles and use them to kill other people. A family member could do it as well. So we can take the impossible route and try to get rid of guns entirely, or we can make changes to how we protect our schools. Which is not an easy fix, but one that has a much better chance of working than getting rid of guns. And frankly, should have been done a long time ago.

Both democrats and republicans have blood on their hands. And their asses because they've been sitting on their hands for this long.

Yup. Where are the liberals like Blaire (@B-Westy) calling out the lack of self awareness and ignorance of a comment so over the top like that? Silent. Weird.
You're simply the quintessential Trumper. Amazing. I didn't think people like you actually existed. I'm all for having discussion. Discussion with you on the other hand, no thanks. Lol.

You're simply the quintessential Trumper. Amazing. I didn't think people like you actually existed. I'm all for having discussion. Discussion with you on the other hand, no thanks. Lol.
And I'm happy to be a Trump supporter. Sorry (not sorry) if that makes you uncomfortable.

What's wrong with having a conversation with me about this? Make you nervous you might actually start thinking for yourself instead of just regurgitating everything you hear on CNN?

A) outlaw guns

I am for restructuring the laws around owning guns. I think it is too easy for anybody to get their hands on guns. But simply applying more restrictions on gun control will not solve these kinds of shootings. So if you think the "tool" is to blame, getting rid of the tool all together is the only way to make it work. People who intend on using guns to kill other people probably don't give a shit if it is legal or not. So I don't see how people can say, "I love to shoot guns, I own rifles" and then say that we need to do something about guns.

If you own guns, you may be contributing to violence. Someone could break into your house and steal your rifles and use them to kill other people. A family member could do it as well. So we can take the impossible route and try to get rid of guns entirely, or we can make changes to how we protect our schools. Which is not an easy fix, but one that has a much better chance of working than getting rid of guns. And frankly, should have been done a long time ago.

Both democrats and republicans have blood on their hands. And their asses because they've been sitting on their hands for this long.
Well said man. Well said.

And I'm happy to be a Trump supporter. Sorry (not sorry) if that makes you uncomfortable.

What's wrong with having a conversation with me about this? Make you nervous you might actually start thinking for yourself instead of just regurgitating everything you hear on CNN?
The funny thing is that you think I'm some hardcore leftist who voted Hillary. Wrong again. I'm fairly conservative, but how you speak on these issues just encapsulates the stereotypical Republican/conservative. I don't like admitting I'm conservative because people like you make us look soooo bad.

Instead of coming to this thread to have legitmate discussion, you prod and poke at the tragedy by offering up snarky remarks as to why your view is superior and why "liberals and leftists are cry babies" and whatever other bullshit you spew. You don't want real discussion, you just want to "troll lib****S epic style!!" You're a joke.

The funny thing is that you think I'm some hardcore leftist who voted Hillary. Wrong again. I'm fairly conservative, but how you speak on these issues just encapsulates the stereotypical Republican/conservative. I don't like admitting I'm conservative because people like you make us look soooo bad.

Instead of coming to this thread to have legitmate discussion, you prod and poke at the tragedy by offering up snarky remarks as to why your view is superior and why "liberals and leftists are cry babies" and whatever other bullshit you spew. You don't want real discussion, you just want to "troll lib****S epic style!!" You're a joke.
Start a discussion on this subject then. Christ you are such a ***.

Hahahaha! Aww. Little Blaire has his feelings hurt by something I’ve said. I don’t think anything I’ve said is over the top, crazy or out of line. Point out something that makes conservatives look bad. And please don’t bring up the example I used earlier as it was to back up a solution (part of) I think could work.

A) outlaw guns

lol
What a stupid, loaded dichotomy. Why not...
(A) enact considerably stricter gun regulations including universal background checks and gun registries, no gun show/private sales loopholes, and the outright ban of some guns

(B) turn schools into prisons with armed guards and barbed wire?

I didn't even read the rest of what you wrote.

Reactions: RR30 and B-Westy
Start a discussion on this subject then. Christ you are such a ***.
Your little paragraph offering up two narrow solutions was a real breakthrough old man. Thanks a bunch for that. Will be getting on the line to my local legislators and reading it to them verbatim to enact some change. Thank God for you sir.

Your little paragraph offering up two narrow solutions was a real breakthrough old man. Thanks a bunch for that. Will be getting on the line to my local legislators and reading it to them verbatim to enact some change. Thank God for you sir.
I guess your little homosexual obsessions with snu are better suited for this thread than my 2 cents.

lol
(A) enact considerably stricter gun regulations including universal background checks and gun registries, no gun show/private sales loopholes, and the outright ban of some guns

Yup. Nobody worth listening to is advocating a complete blanket ban of guns (no matter how great it would be in an ideal world). They are advocating the elimination of guns like AR15's along with MUCH stricter background checks and registries.

Instead we have a sitting governor talking about their being too many entrances/exits on a building possibly causing these. The NRA owns so many of these people they are gonna blame EVERYTHING but the actual thing that causes all of this harm.

Reactions: B-Westy
lol

How in the world do you get tighter security at schools to prison with barbed wire?

Some of you don't even want to have a discussion. Some of you just want to bitch and moan.

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT