ADVERTISEMENT

Another school shooting

Your little paragraph offering up two narrow solutions was a real breakthrough old man. Thanks a bunch for that. Will be getting on the line to my local legislators and reading it to them verbatim to enact some change. Thank God for you sir.
Then offer up some actual solutions Blaire. I doubt you can or else you would have. Instead you come in and criticize others and what’s been said here instead of actually trying to be part of the solution.

Typical idiot snowflake millennial.

Reactions: treyforuk
Yup. Nobody worth listening to is advocating a complete blanket ban of guns (no matter how great it would be in an ideal world). They are advocating the elimination of guns like AR15's along with MUCH stricter background checks and registries.

Instead we have a sitting governor talking about their being too many entrances/exits on a building possibly causing these. The NRA owns so many of these people they are gonna blame EVERYTHING but the actual thing that causes all of this harm.
Obviously you didn't read the rest of what I said either. What is wrong with you people? I can literally agree with stricter gun laws and you weirdos twist that into me claiming you are calling for a complete ban on guns.

Reactions: JimboBBN
But an AR-15 wasn't used at Virginia Tech. An AR-15 wasn't used today (at least from what I heard it was a shotgun and a pistol). How in the world will the liberals spin this to fit their narrative all while spewing out misleading stats on "gun violence" in our country?

Also, why aren't we or the media discussing the school shooting that was stopped LAST WEEK by a school resource officer? Why not? Probably because it doesn't fit the lefties agenda.
The VT shooting was in 2005, right? Between then and today, the AR-15 has been used in at least 12 mass shootings killing 220 people.

I hadn't heard of the thwarted shooting you mention, but I looked it up and the first place I found it was CNN. Must be fake news, huh? Possible explanations for why it hasn't been covered as much: (a) no one died, (b) some MSM conspiracy.

Obviously you didn't read the rest of what I said either. What is wrong with you people? I can literally agree with stricter gun laws and you weirdos twist that into me claiming you are calling for a complete ban on guns.
It really is nuts. They make those kind of claims about you, then put you down when you try and reason with them in a decent discussion. Nothing is good enough for them unless you agree with them 100 percent.

How in the world do you get tighter security at schools to prison with barbed wire?

Some of you don't even want to have a discussion. Some of you just want to bitch and moan.
Uh... did you see the post I was responding to? Do you know what a dichotomy is? I was mocking the dishonest grounds on which letsgo proposed having the conversation, not suggesting actual choices myself.

It really is nuts. They make those kind of claims about you, then put you down when you try and reason with them in a decent discussion. Nothing is good enough for them unless you agree with them 100 percent.

Lol

Meh. Not much point to reading anything you write when you'll turn on a dime and resort to trolling at a moment's notice.

But I guess this is where you want to be so, so cereal, so go ahead and get your indignation going.

You literally insinuated that Republicans/Conservatives celebrate kids getting killed. May want to "Lol" at yourself.

The NRA has essentially done that. Who does the NRA support more than anyone else?

Uh... did you see the post I was responding to? Do you know what a dichotomy is? I was mocking the dishonest grounds on which letsgo proposed having the conversation, not suggesting actual choices myself.
He said he was for stricter gun laws and tighter security at schools. Sounds very logical and should be something everyone can agree on, but you mocked him.

Meh. Not much point to reading anything you write when you'll turn on a dime and resort to trolling at a moment's notice.

But I guess this is where you want to be so, so cereal, so go ahead and get your indignation going.
There is no trolling here. You are just being an arrogant dick.

Reactions: treyforuk
No, nothing is good enough if we can't trust you to act like a decent human being from one topic to the next.

He said he was for stricter gun laws and tighter security at schools. Sounds very logical and should be something everyone can agree on, but you mocked him.

Tighter security is essentially installing metal detectors and having armed guards roaming the halls. For fvcking school. That should have to happen.

No, nothing is good enough if we can't trust you to act like a decent human being from one topic to the next.
I don't think you are referring to me, however, I personally do not have any grounds to call someone a bad person because of what they believe politically. I get there have been extreme statements made by posters on both sides, but its the internet and I'm sure a lot of it was exaggerated. I could sit down and have a drink with everyone here, that includes you. I do not judge people by how they respond in a political thread on a sports website.

He doesn't deserve anything better.
He started his suggestion with "outlaw guns." He's essentially insisting that we either join him or be painted as the kookiest, most extreme liberals out there.

Reactions: B-Westy
He doesn't deserve anything better.
He started his suggestion with "outlaw guns." He's essentially insisting that we either join him or be painted as the kookiest, most extreme liberals out there.
In that exact same post he mentioned tighter gun laws, dat. I think that was just a quick troll that you're taking a little too far. You've trolled every conservative poster on here at some point.

Tighter security is essentially installing metal detectors and having armed guards roaming the halls. For fvcking school. That should have to happen.
I think armed guards roaming the halls is extreme, but putting a police officer or two in charge of protecting school grounds really doesn't seem that far fetched to me, and it couldn't hurt. I think that along with tighter gun laws, mainly much stronger background checks for guns like an AR15, are a good place to start in trying to fix this problem.

In that exact same post he mentioned tighter gun laws, dat. I think that was just a quick troll that you're taking a little too far. You've trolled every conservative poster on here at some point.
As I said, I didn't get any further in his post, and he made that bed himself by being untrustworthy.

I rarely troll.

I agree that shouldn't have to happen. What I was asking is what has a better chance of working. Do you think we have a better chance of keeping guns out of people's hands, or better securing our schools? Nobody wants our schools to be like prisons with armed guards. But nobody wants them to be easy targets for whack jobs either.

I think armed guards roaming the halls is extreme, but putting a police officer or two in charge of protecting school grounds really doesn't seem that far fetched to me, and it couldn't hurt. I think that along with tighter gun laws, mainly much stronger background checks for guns like an AR15, are a good place to start in trying to fix this problem.

Basically every school out there has at least one armed security guard/police officer already. Did a lot of good in Florida 3 months ago. They had one right outside and he did nothing.
What need is there for an AR15 anywhere? It's an awful weapon to hunt. For self defense in a household it'd be even worse. The only use for it is widespread damage, IE a shooting rampage.

Reactions: Hoya1987
So you don’t want to do that? You don’t want to protect The kids? Sounds like you’re basically supporting them being killed, then. And here I thought you wanted solutions.

Basically every school out there has at least one armed security guard/police officer already. Did a lot of good in Florida 3 months ago. They had one right outside and he did nothing.
What need is there for an AR15 anywhere? It's an awful weapon to hunt. For self defense in a household it'd be even worse. The only use for it is widespread damage, IE a shooting rampage.
You can't blame the system in place when that guy was a coward. He didn't do his job, that isn't anyone's fault but his own.
AR15s are protection from a tyrannous government or an invading nation. We as citizens have the right to protect ourselves from those things. But I think they should be extremely hard to get. You probably won't agree with me on that but that's okay.

Reactions: SNU0821
You literally insinuated that Republicans/Conservatives celebrate kids getting killed. May want to "Lol" at yourself.
While that is what some people have literally said, I don't think it was meant literally.

These conversations have a history of going exactly like this one has. We haven't seen the slightest change in gun laws in response to all these mass shootings. Politicians beholden to the NRA refuse to budge. Those politicians are primarily Republicans/conservatives.

You can't blame the system in place when that guy was a coward. He didn't do his job, that isn't anyone's fault but his own.
AR15s are protection from a tyrannous government or an invading nation. We as citizens have the right to protect ourselves from those things. But I think they should be extremely hard to get. You probably won't agree with me on that but that's okay.

2isQ.gif

Yes, your AR-15 is gonna do a lot of good against a tyrannous government that would have a list of everyone who owns them. They would just blow your house up with a B-15 and be done with it. An invading nation? This isn't fvcking Red Dawn.

2isQ.gif

Yes, your AR-15 is gonna do a lot of good against a tyrannous government that would have a list of everyone who owns them. They would just blow your house up with a B-15 and be done with it. An invading nation? This isn't fvcking Red Dawn.
Eyeroll You're just being a little prick at this point. You can't just disagree with me without trying to act like an internet tough guy. Keep angry typing behind that keyboard snowflake.

ADVERTISEMENT