ADVERTISEMENT

Another school shooting

The devastation left behind is unfathomable. What a cowardly thing to do.

Reactions: SNU0821
Guys.. there is a poster on the football board who has family that attend at work at this school. I couldn't imagine being in his spot right now. Thoughts and prayers with everyone involved.

Guys.. there is a poster on the football board who has family that attend at work at this school. I couldn't imagine being in his spot right now. Thoughts and prayers with everyone involved.

Oh wow

What’s crazy is there was another recently where the shooter was neutralized by a resource officer. Did we hear anything from the MSM? Not a peep. Wonder why...

There being another IS the issue. Where did you hear about this?

There being another IS the issue. Where did you hear about this?
It was a couple weeks ago. I’ll look for the link. Give me a bit.

I honestly think the media coverage of this stuff just encourages other mentally sick people to do this type of unthinkable act. I know we have to cover it, but cover it and move on. The constant 24/7 coverage just perpetuates the cycle.

Reactions: CFB_Fanatic

I honestly think the media coverage of this stuff just encourages other mentally sick people to do this type of unthinkable act. I know we have to cover it, but cover it and move on. The constant 24/7 coverage just perpetuates the cycle.

I disagree. Showing images of the Twin Towers every year hasn't caused other terrorists to do similar. People are sick, but what allows them to do the most damage are the tools at their disposal to carry out such attacks.

I disagree. Showing images of the Twin Towers every year hasn't caused other terrorists to do similar. People are sick, but what allows them to do the most damage are the tools at their disposal to carry out such attacks.
I actually think it’s both. But if we take away the tool the currently use, sick/bad people will find something else to use. Look at London. They have restrictive gun laws. What did sick people move on to? Knives. Now they want to ban knives. When policies prescribed don’t created the intended outcome, what do some politicians do? Create new policies. My suggestion, blaming the tool isn’t the only answer. In this particular circumstance, schools need to be hardened, significantly.

Reactions: KyFaninNC

Ding ding. We have a winner. Now CNN will send dozens to Texas and find a new student they can spoon feed talking points to and plaster him on CNN for a week.

Just FYI, the definition of "school shootings" can be VERY vague. They aren't always just what we think of, a student rampage killing folks. IIRC they can even be things like accidental discharges of safety officers.

And yeah. Nothing new under the sun. I just hope nobody I know dies in one... or in a bus accident:(

Reactions: keith37
That's not ENTIRELY true. The Taliban shot up a bunch of schools, too. So we aren't alone.

Terrorists shooting up a school isn't what happens here on a somewhat regular basis. Doesn't make it any better though.

Guess we need to start banning knives like Europe

Have lots of Americans been killed in school stabbings?

Eh, not going to bother. Shitty situation, and nothing will ever be done about it, ever, not even passing SOME laws aimed at doing something, because people are convinced that they need their guns to shoot at soldiers doing the bidding of an evil government, or to shoot people breaking into their homes to kill them, and they don't want to have to wait too long or get denied their guns if they are criminals or crazy and they want to be able to fit 50 rounds in their mag because George Washington said so. Or something. Maybe we can pray the evil away or something.

Good **** it's been a long 24 hours or so:(

Last edited:
Guess we need to start banning knives like Europe

Unless Jason Statham is the perpetrator I don't think you are gonna kill 10 people and a police officer with knives.

Unless Jason Statham is the perpetrator I don't think you are gonna kill 10 people and a police officer with knives.
Look at the number of stabbings in London. The increase is crazy. It’s because of the strict gun laws. Bad people find a way to do bad things. Ban guns and people will use something different.

Too much obsession with gun culture in the states. Banning anything wouldn’t matter, we live and breathe guns for some reason.
Bad people are going to do bad things man. It’s not just about guns.

Have lots of Americans been killed in school stabbings?

Eh, not going to bother. Shitty situation, and nothing will ever be done about it, ever, not even passing SOME laws aimed at doing something, because people are convinced that they need their guns to shoot at soldiers doing the bidding of an evil government, or to shoot people breaking into their homes to kill them, and they don't want to have to wait too long or get denied their guns if they are criminals or crazy and they want to be able to fit 50 rounds in their mag because George Washington said so. Or something. Maybe we can pray the evil away or something.
Dumbest post in here. Not surprised it came from this idiot.

Look at the number of stabbings in London. The increase is crazy. It’s because of the strict gun laws. Bad people find a way to do bad things. Ban guns and people will use something different.

Why is anything illegal then? Because by that logic because bad people do bad things it doesn't matter.
The goal is to limit the amount of damage you can do before the bad person is stopped. You aren't killing dozens of people with knives.
If you are going to make a comparison, it should be vehicles, not knives. Because quite frankly I don't know if you can stop someone that wants to do harm with them.

Why is anything illegal then? Because by that logic because bad people do bad things it doesn't matter.
The goal is to limit the amount of damage you can do before the bad person is stopped. You aren't killing dozens of people with knives.
If you are going to make a comparison, it should be vehicles, not knives. Because quite frankly I don't know if you can stop someone that wants to do harm with them.
Sounds like this kid had bombs, a shotgun and a pistol. How do you stop all that?

And then you get into the whole issue that vehicles literally perform hundreds of millions of useful functions each day, LIFE SAVING functions all across our country. EVERY DAY. There IS no equivalent for guns. There is no single tool that humanity has created for the purpose of killing that is so widely available. None. Looking for comparisons that logically work is nearly impossible.

And its just such a foolish fight. If we reduced the number of guns out there, we would reduce the number of shootings. Not END shootings, obviously, but reduce the number. Not only is that common sense (logic dictates there would just be fewer tools with which to do the acts and so fewer acts... like, simple math, the same as if we took half the cars off the roads, there would be fewer automobile deaths) but we've seen exactly that in nearly every country on earth. I love guns, I love shooting, I love going through a shoot house and slicing the pie, and for the life of me I don't get why people cannot at least agree on SOME changes to our current laws. The NRA and some others have just tapped into this innate fear that people have, that a rogue government is coming to get them and that criminals are just waiting to break into their houses, dangers that are SO infinitesimally unlikely but which are SO magnified in peoples brains.

It just seems like common sense, and I say this as a gun owner and person who enjoys shooting and history and all of it. But common sense, it isn't so common.

Reactions: OU50
But when does it stop? Ban guns, knife attacks increase. Now they are trying to ban those. Pretty soon the UK won’t be able to have utensils to eat food with.

Too much obsession with gun culture in the states. Banning anything wouldn’t matter, we live and breathe guns for some reason.
I don’t think banning firearms is the answer and I don’t think sitting idle is the answer, either. It’s somewhere in the middle like most things in politics

Reactions: treyforuk
Sounds like this kid had bombs, a shotgun and a pistol. How do you stop all that?

Not letting minors get weapons at all would be a great start.

But when does it stop? Ban guns, knife attacks increase. Now they are trying to ban those. Pretty soon the UK won’t be able to have utensils to eat food with.

If more people get stabbed because guns aren't readily available so be it. You aren't gonna get these double digits body counts with knives.
You're never gonna fully be able to stop people going on rampages. So stop the damage they can do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT