ADVERTISEMENT

Another alleged rape by a basketball player in Lawrence

ec2c638a-f31d-4a52-bb7f-e4aa872bcc06_text.gif

The moon bar and boom boom room have rape drinks. So many hot chicks are throwing themselves at men and celebs now adays , why go after the no's. Makes no sense.

Don’t get excited, Jeff… 🤣

This one was allegedly committed by Terrence Shannon while visiting for the KU-Illinois football game.

No wonder why you stopped posting in the other thread.

I would usually post a bunch of laughing emoji's at you, but rape isn't funny.

But damn man, what the hell is it with Lawrence, KS that makes these college kids do such stupid shit?

Shannon and Morris were only there for a couple days each, wtf.

Bill Self needs to figure this out, this is too much. Of course, I said that exact thing after the Arterio Morris rape.

On another note, Kansas would have wrecked college basketball if they landed Arterio and Shannon and added them to the current roster.

No wonder why you stopped posting in the other thread.

I would usually post a bunch of laughing emoji's at you, but rape isn't funny.

But damn man, what the hell is it with Lawrence, KS that makes these college kids do such stupid shit?

Shannon and Morris were only there for a couple days each, wtf.

Bill Self needs to figure this out, this is too much. Of course, I said that exact thing after the Arterio Morris rape.

On another note, Kansas would have wrecked college basketball if they landed Arterio and Shannon and added them to the current roster.
Leave it to you to blame Lawrence/KU for this. You are seriously ate up. 😆

So, the fine folks at Illinois knew about this from the beginning and kept playing him. I get you can’t punish them, but this seems a bit insensitive and wrong.

At least Kansas kicked Morris to the curb.

Reactions: KisteK
Uh, this stuff keeps happening in Lawrence, KS under Bill Self's hairpiece.

There are now 2 kids that ALLEGEDLY raped someone while being in town for only a couple days FOR KU basketball. That’s rape on a fast track system.

So yeah, I'm going to bring up the fact that it's happening in Lawrence. Quit being so sensitive and defensive. Own it, because it has happened too often.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Should Myron Metcalf also.be required to leave 'Lawrence, Kansas' out of his write up? It’s in there several times.

No. 11 Illinois men's basketball star Terrence Shannon Jr. has been suspended from all team activities after he was charged with rape, the school announced Thursday.

A warrant for Shannon's arrest was issued by the Douglas County (Kansas) district attorney's office Wednesday over an alleged sexual assault that happened in September. According to jail records, Shannon turned himself in and was arrested in Lawrence, Kansas, on Thursday morning on a charge of "rape; sexual intercourse without consent and use of force."

The university said in a statement that the alleged incident occurred while Shannon was in Lawrence to attend the Illinois-Kansas football game. The school noted that Shannon was "not in Lawrence on official University business, nor was he a member of the University's travel party."

Shannon posted $50,000 bail Thursday and was returning to Champaign, Illinois, according to the school. Mark P. Sutter, an Illinois-based attorney representing Shannon, said his client is innocent and intends to take the case to trial.

"Since September, when these allegations surfaced, Terrence has cooperated with law enforcement throughout the investigation, declaring his innocence from the beginning," Sutter said in a statement. "Now, several months later, my office learned that formal charges were filed against him yesterday in Lawrence, KS. In less than 24 hours, my client responded, and he voluntarily surrendered to local authorities for processing and release. Terrence is innocent of these charges, and he intends to take his case to trial."

Cheryl Cadue, a spokeswoman with the Douglas County district attorney's office, told ESPN, "We are unable to comment at this time."

Illinois officials said they had been aware of a Lawrence police investigation involving Shannon since late September but did not receive "actionable information" until Wednesday, when the warrant for his arrest was issued.

Athletic director Josh Whitman noted the school's zero-tolerance policy for sexual misconduct.

"The University and [the Division of Intercollegiate Athletics] have shown time and again that we have zero tolerance for sexual misconduct," Whitman said in a statement. "At the same time, DIA policy affords student-athletes appropriate levels of due process based on the nature and severity of the allegations. We will rely on that policy and our prior experiences to manage this situation appropriately for the University and the involved parties."

Shannon, a Chicago native, has been one of the top players in college basketball this season. The guard leads the Illini with 21.7 points per game and has connected on 40.8% of his 3-point attempts this season.

So, the fine folks at Illinois knew about this from the beginning and kept playing him. I get you can’t punish them, but this seems a bit insensitive and wrong.

At least Kansas kicked Morris to the curb.
It’s hard to suspend a kid for allegations. Who knows how many times players have allegations thrown their way. Once he was charged then obviously it has to be done.

It’s hard to suspend a kid for allegations. Who knows how many times players have allegations thrown their way. Once he was charged then obviously it has to be done.
Very true. I still think KU did the rigjt thing by distancing the program from Morris' accusation.

Texas distanced themselves from Chris Beard after his domestic allegation. That had to hurt, he was doing a good job there.

Should Myron Metcalf also.be required to leave 'Lawrence, Kansas' out of his write up? It’s in there several times.

No. 11 Illinois men's basketball star Terrence Shannon Jr. has been suspended from all team activities after he was charged with rape, the school announced Thursday.

A warrant for Shannon's arrest was issued by the Douglas County (Kansas) district attorney's office Wednesday over an alleged sexual assault that happened in September. According to jail records, Shannon turned himself in and was arrested in Lawrence, Kansas, on Thursday morning on a charge of "rape; sexual intercourse without consent and use of force."

The university said in a statement that the alleged incident occurred while Shannon was in Lawrence to attend the Illinois-Kansas football game. The school noted that Shannon was "not in Lawrence on official University business, nor was he a member of the University's travel party."

Shannon posted $50,000 bail Thursday and was returning to Champaign, Illinois, according to the school. Mark P. Sutter, an Illinois-based attorney representing Shannon, said his client is innocent and intends to take the case to trial.

"Since September, when these allegations surfaced, Terrence has cooperated with law enforcement throughout the investigation, declaring his innocence from the beginning," Sutter said in a statement. "Now, several months later, my office learned that formal charges were filed against him yesterday in Lawrence, KS. In less than 24 hours, my client responded, and he voluntarily surrendered to local authorities for processing and release. Terrence is innocent of these charges, and he intends to take his case to trial."

Cheryl Cadue, a spokeswoman with the Douglas County district attorney's office, told ESPN, "We are unable to comment at this time."

Illinois officials said they had been aware of a Lawrence police investigation involving Shannon since late September but did not receive "actionable information" until Wednesday, when the warrant for his arrest was issued.

Athletic director Josh Whitman noted the school's zero-tolerance policy for sexual misconduct.

"The University and [the Division of Intercollegiate Athletics] have shown time and again that we have zero tolerance for sexual misconduct," Whitman said in a statement. "At the same time, DIA policy affords student-athletes appropriate levels of due process based on the nature and severity of the allegations. We will rely on that policy and our prior experiences to manage this situation appropriately for the University and the involved parties."

Shannon, a Chicago native, has been one of the top players in college basketball this season. The guard leads the Illini with 21.7 points per game and has connected on 40.8% of his 3-point attempts this season.

Yes, I’d expect a news report to mention where the incident occurred. Are you out of your damn mind? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Random UK Fan
Very true. I still think KU did the rigjt thing by distancing the program from Morris' accusation.

Texas distanced themselves from Chris Beard after his domestic allegation. That had to hurt, he was doing a good job there.
I don’t have a clue about the Morris stuff but wasn’t Beard arrested and charged? My point being, allegations are different from charges. Once charged…it’s time to act.

Uh, this stuff keeps happening in Lawrence, KS under Bill Self's hairpiece.

There are now 2 kids that ALLEGEDLY raped someone while being in town for only a couple days FOR KU basketball. That’s rape on a fast track system.

So yeah, I'm going to bring up the fact that it's happening in Lawrence. Quit being so sensitive and defensive. Own it, because it has happened too often.
Ahhh, now Bill Self is responsible for everything that happens in Lawrence, including the crimes of visitors. Seems rational. 🤣

The only thing a KU fan has to own is the Morris incident. There’s zero reason for me to own an incident that had nothing to do with KU. I’ll bet if Shannon had traveled to Lexington and been charged with rape, you’d be pinning the blame on Calipari and the university, right? 🤣

Completely out of your mind.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Boilermaker03
Weird that you have to go to Rupp Rafters to find a sane take from a Kansas fan.

"As a KU fan, I’m so sick of hearing this shit around athletics at our school. Know he wasn’t a Jayhawk or with our players or whatever but still tired of this look around the University."

Meanwhile, afamu Jr will be here defending KU's culture for 10 pages.

Yes, I’d expect a news report to mention where the incident occurred. Are you out of your damn mind? 😂
I think you're the one that's crazy. I did the same thing, these rapes happened in Lawrence, KS, didn't they?

Ahhh, now Bill Self is responsible for everything that happens in Lawrence, including the crimes of visitors. Seems rational. 🤣

The only thing a KU fan has to own is the Morris incident. There’s absolutely no reason for me to own an incident that had nothing to do with KU. I’ll bet if Shannon had traveled to Lexington and been charged with rape, you’d be pinning the blame on Calipari and the university, right? 🤣

Completely out of your mind.
Uh, yeah, it is Bill Self's responsibility. Just as Louisville fans and/or Rick Pitino about responsibility of your players and recruits when they are on campus.

Weird that you have to go to Rupp Rafters to find a sane take from a Kansas fan.

"As a KU fan, I’m so sick of hearing this shit around athletics at our school. Know he wasn’t a Jayhawk or with our players or whatever but still tired of this look around the University."

It isn’t as weird if you know anything about Exitflagger.
Bill Self could force himself on Exit's grandmother, at mid court, in AFH and he would blame his grandmother, then get pissy with you, because you dared say it happened in Lawrence, KS.

Somewhere between 20-30% of girls are raped while in college. So, of course, the “sane” take is to assume that two rapes couldn’t possibly occur in the same city in the same year without being connected to the basketball program or university. Never change, Rafturds. 🤣 😂

Somewhere between 20-30% of girls are raped while in college. So, of course, the “sane” take is to assume that two rapes couldn’t possibly occur in the same city in the same year without being connected to the basketball program or university. Never change, Rafturds. 🤣 😂
That's nothing. 70-80% of dudes were raped when @lurkeraspect84 was in college.

I think you're the one that's crazy. I did the same thing, these rapes happened in Lawrence, KS, didn't they?

What you said was “Bill Self needs to figure this out.” Do I need to pull out some crayons to explain the difference between that and a reporter stating the location of an incident? 🤣

Uh, yeah, it is Bill Self's responsibility. Just as Louisville fans and/or Rick Pitino about responsibility of your players and recruits when they are on campus.
WTF are you even talking about?

You DO understand that this was an incident involving someone from another school who was in town to watch a football game….right? And that no KU players were even alleged to be involved in any way?

But….Bill Self’s fault!! 🤣

You guys are so ate up with KU, you’re literally insane. 😂🤣

What you said was “Bill Self needs to figure this out.” Do I need to pull out some crayons to explain the difference between that and a reporter stating the location of an incident? 🤣
Shame, he seems to be a perfect Bill Self kid.

The moon bar and boom boom room have rape drinks. So many hot chicks are throwing themselves at men and celebs now adays , why go after the no's. Makes no sense.

Clearly we have an abundance of hot babes that aren’t as easy as other chicks.
God damn virgins no wonder all the rapes are going on in Kansas. Get off rivals and get out in society you fvcks.

Shame, he seems to be a perfect Bill Self kid.

Exhibit A of why I laugh my ass off when you spew your "I've never been anything but complimentary of Bill Self" line. 😂

I heard there were multiple rapes in Lexington recently. One of the perps attended a UK football game. How'd Calipari allow this to happen under his watch?!? That slimeball needs to figure this shit out ASAP!!!🤣

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT