ADVERTISEMENT

Another alleged rape by a basketball player in Lawrence

" 2.5% of males experience rape or sexual assault through physical force, violence, or incapacitation."

tumblr_nwsjc1ZdIK1sryheco1_500.gif

Last edited:
Apparently Shannon misrepresented himself to a woman in a bar. Allegedly he led her to believe that he was a KU football player and he fingered her in the bar. She was cool with it. But then she found out he wasn’t a KU football player and got bigly mad. And here we are today….

Taken straight from the book of Spartan.

WTF? How the hell does she have a case?

It’s just his side of the story. She will have hers and hers warranted charges being brought.

Slight change to the football player part. He told her he was an illini player (he was wearing a football jersey).

Apparently he is claiming that she has spent the past couple of months trying to extort him.

That'd be pretty stupid if, (per report) since Sept the police have been on it..
One would think they'd (have already?) levied charges against her.

Low-key hilariousness that he thought he could get more play being a football guy in LfK (per whomever's post).

Yeah some things aren’t passing my sniff test here.

According to Shannon and his lawyers he hasn’t heard from law enforcement since September. He/they thought it was over. Until yesterday.

I live about 30 minutes Southeast of Lawrence and my wife, a KU alum, has multiple family members who work in Douglas County Law Enforcement. Here's some details:

1. The chick alleging the rape and intercourse without consent was NOT a KU student. Kind of a fascinating side note to this story and similar stories out of Lawrence involving student-athletes. The "victims" are almost always young minority women from Kansas City, Kansas or Topeka. The hot blonde KU sorority chicks from Leawood aren't the women levying out assault accusations at student-athletes. Interestingly enough, when a KU student-athlete also gets some woman pregnant, it is almost 100% someone in this crowd.

2. I've heard the Douglas County DA was initially hesitant about filing charges over credibility concerns regarding the allegations and the victim. And if you know anything about Susan Valdez, she usually jumps all over any type of rape case. The discussion among the local law enforcement is this victim wanted a relationship or something more from Shannon, and when he ghosted her, she started hurling allegations. he also apologized via electronic communication which could be considered an admission of guilt and that's why the DA decided to follow through with the charges.

I
feel like Shannon and maybe even the Illini's 2023-24 season is likely shot. But, I do believe he will be ok in the future. I don't think this case will ever go to trial, and I absolutely believe he will never be convicted.

That's not true.

"Among graduate and professional students, 9.7% of females and 2.5% of males experience rape or sexual assault through physical force, violence, or incapacitation."

Still way too high, but nowhere near 20-30%.
Why are you only citing numbers for grad students? Did you intentionally leave out the next part?

Among undergraduate students, 26.4% of females and 6.8% of males experience rape or sexual assault through physical force, violence, or incapacitation.

I
feel like Shannon and maybe even the Illini's 2023-24 season is likely shot. But, I do believe he will be ok in the future. I don't think this case will ever go to trial, and I absolutely believe he will never be convicted.

I'm 100% on board with scenario. You had me at "Illini's 2023-24 season is likely shot"

I live about 30 minutes Southeast of Lawrence and my wife, a KU alum, has multiple family members who work in Douglas County Law Enforcement. Here's some details:

1. The chick alleging the rape and intercourse without consent was NOT a KU student. Kind of a fascinating side note to this story and similar stories out of Lawrence involving student-athletes. The "victims" are almost always young minority women from Kansas City, Kansas or Topeka. The hot blonde KU sorority chicks from Leawood aren't the women levying out assault accusations at student-athletes. Interestingly enough, when a KU student-athlete also gets some woman pregnant, it is almost 100% someone in this crowd.

2. I've heard the Douglas County DA was initially hesitant about filing charges over credibility concerns regarding the allegations and the victim. And if you know anything about Susan Valdez, she usually jumps all over any type of rape case. The discussion among the local law enforcement is this victim wanted a relationship or something more from Shannon, and when he ghosted her, she started hurling allegations. he also apologized via electronic communication which could be considered an admission of guilt and that's why the DA decided to follow through with the charges.

I
I appreciate this info. Thanks.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
It’s just his side of the story. She will have hers and hers warranted charges being brought.

Slight change to the football player part. He told her he was an illini player (he was wearing a football jersey).

Apparently he is claiming that she has spent the past couple of months trying to extort him.
Hmm, if his side of the story was even remotely correct, I doubt he gets arrested.

Too bad for the Illini that T Shannon was fingered for this crime.

Why are you only citing numbers for grad students? Did you intentionally leave out the next part?

Among undergraduate students, 26.4% of females and 6.8% of males experience rape or sexual assault through physical force, violence, or incapacitation.
That was the first thing I found. I know that I've heard that the rate of rape is actually much lower than perceived. According to this article below, most surveys are based off of perception and that when an actual survey was done the rate was quite low.

"By contrast, a 2014 survey by the Bureau of Justice Statistics (the research wing of the Justice Department) asked students if they had ever been raped or sexually assaulted. (It provided fairly broad definitions for these terms.) The survey produced results far lower than the surveys discussed above: less than one percent of women reported that they had been sexually assaulted in any given year."

According to the survey, 6.1 out of 1000 college students experienced rape.

Last edited:
Guess you would feel differently if you were the victim, or her father.

When was Arterio Morris charged? Was it before, or after KU sent him packing?
I would if there were charges....Maybe you would feel different if it were your son that was facing ALLEGATIONS?

I would if there were charges....Maybe you would feel different if it were your son that was facing ALLEGATIONS?
Being the parent of the fingerer, is a whole lot different than being the parent of the fingeree.
I have 2 daughters and a son, if my son committed this crime, I would hope to high heaven that it just went away and he would learn his lesson.
If it was one of my daughters, I would want that dude charged right away and I damn sure wouldn't want to see him just living out his dreams on ESPN.

Being the parent of the fingerer, is a whole lot different than being the parent of the fingeree.
I have 2 daughters and a son, if my son committed this crime, I would hope to high heaven that it just went away and he would learn his lesson.
If it was one of my daughters, I would want that dude charged right away and I damn sure wouldn't want to see him just living out his dreams on ESPN.
So its the gender of your child that makes the difference? Interesting.

If it were your son, you hope it would just, "go away"? Even more interesting.

None of us really know how we would handle such a situation, if it were our children. I do find it interesting though how your emotions go from meh to fire, depending upon which child it was, i.e. son or daughter. I love my kids....And hope I have raised them well. But here are some facts:

. Women can rape....Women can lie. Allegations can be true....Allegations can be false. Jumping to conclusions helps nothing. Its why I have sero issue with Illinois playing him.

None of us really know how we would handle such a situation, if it were our children. I do find it interesting though how your emotions go from meh to fire, depending upon which child it was, i.e. son or daughter. I love my kids....And hope I have raised them well. But here are some facts:

. Women can rape....Women can lie. Allegations can be true....Allegations can be false. Jumping to conclusions helps nothing. Its why I have sero issue with Illinois playing him.
Uh, yeah, one of us does know how we would handle that situation.

And yeah, it is different. How you view things as a parent with regards to the sex of your kids.

Girls are targets and not just by kids their own age, boys are not in as much danger and can usually defend themselves.

My son got jumped at a party one night and it was by dudes that were my age. I knocked on some doors the next day, neither would come outside. I was pissed, but not anywhere near as pissed off as I was when something similar happened to the daughter. I wanted to blow someone's house up… . with him in it.

It’s different and quite honestly, you don't even need to be a parent to realize this.

And yeah, if my son did what Shannon did, hoping and praying is about all I would be able to do. The very last thing I could do is call the girl, that’s just going to make it worse. What do you suggest is a better plan?

Yep. If Morris hadn't had a prior allegation, I wouldn't have been in favor of dismissing him before the process plays out. Chicks lie about this stuff all the time, and this appears to be one of those cases.

Yep. If Morris hadn't had a prior allegation, I wouldn't have been in favor of dismissing him before the process plays out. Chicks lie about this stuff all the time, and this appears to be one of those cases.
Any woman that lies about being raped and goes public with it, should get punished the way the accused would have been. That’s an awful thing to do to someone.

Yet usually nothing happens. Actions need to have consequences. Like that crazy bitch that tried to extort Trevor Bauer. She should be in prison.
The worst case was Brian Banks, thr hs fb star out in California that went to prison for many years and missed out on what could have been a monster fb career.
Girls family got paid by the state and everything.

• Wow
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT