ADVERTISEMENT

ACC Tournament thread

The Granddaddy of them All is about to begin in Brooklyn, NY.

About the ACC: I'm still a Roy fan so will root for UNC. Before that a Dean Smith fan. And before him I was a South Carolina fan before they left the conference. Don't care if Coach K ever wins another game. And I still bleed a little everytime KU loses a bball game.

What time is the UNC - NC Central oops I mean Duke game?

Nope, heels vs the trippers is where it’s at!

This is starting to sound a little...

latest

About the ACC: I'm still a Roy fan so will root for UNC. Before that a Dean Smith fan. And before him I was a South Carolina fan before they left the conference. Don't care if Coach K ever wins another game. And I still bleed a little everytime KU loses a bball game.

And he would still be the all-time winningest coach in Division I. May crack 1,100 wins this season.

Unfortunately I think the dookies roll tonight. They are hitting their stride and UNC is out of whack, despite the final scores against Cuse and Miami. Maye looks like he might have run out of magic, and Berry is in a bad slump. No way UNC with those two continuing to shoot it as poorly as they have.

Feel bad for Virginia and what they will endure tonight. Clemson is clearly a team of destiny

Why feel bad? UVA should be the #1 overall seed in the NCAAs even with a loss tonight. Honestly, it might be good for Clemson to win. Must be hard to be the only original member of the ACC without an ACC tourney championship.

What exactly makes VT's resume much, if any, better than FSU?

Wins over duke and UVA for starters, better conference record...

FSU should get in, but VT definitely has a stronger resume.

Reactions: champ289
Why feel bad? UVA should be the #1 overall seed in the NCAAs even with a loss tonight. Honestly, it might be good for Clemson to win. Must be hard to be the only original member of the ACC without an ACC tourney championship.
Makes us stand out more. Bad publicity is good publicity.

The tie breaker should be fun. I wouldn't count UNC out,... of anything just yet. What I like is Berry and Maye have sub par games, putting it lightly, then Pinson, Johnson and even Manley step up. Roy's "program development" approach is working...

Wins over duke and UVA for starters, better conference record...

FSU should get in, but VT definitely has a stronger resume.

The win at UVA is the best thing either team has done. I'll give you that. But it's not nearly as cut and dried as you make it.

VT did nothing OOC. FSU has a win at UF.
FSU has 6 Q1 wins to VT's 5.
FSU has a better RPI (dumb, but committee still values) and a better OOC SOS--though both are terrible.
VT has a loss to St. Louis.
FSU has a win at Louisville.
FSU also has a win at VT...the only meeting between the two.

I think VT has a slightly better resume because of the road win against UVA. But I have a hard time seeing much more than a seed line or two difference between the two teams.

The win at UVA is the best thing either team has done. I'll give you that. But it's not nearly as cut and dried as you make it.

VT did nothing OOC. FSU has a win at UF.
FSU has 6 Q1 wins to VT's 5.
FSU has a better RPI (dumb, but committee still values) and a better OOC SOS--though both are terrible.
VT has a loss to St. Louis.
FSU has a win at Louisville.
FSU also has a win at VT...the only meeting between the two.

I think VT has a slightly better resume because of the road win against UVA. But I have a hard time seeing much more than a seed line or two difference between the two teams.

VT is going to be a 9 seed. A 1-2 seed difference is huge at that point if you want to make the tournament. VT beat Duke and UVa in 2018. VT also played Duke and UVa twice. Wake Forest is a worse loss than St. Louis.

Virginia in tournament play smh

Zero guys on that roster that scare me if I'm an elite team but they would hold your squad to about 29 points if they played in S16.

Don't think you could beat them twice this year.

Zero guys on that roster that scare me if I'm an elite team but they would hold your squad to about 29 points if they played in S16.

Don't think you could beat them twice this year.

I would love to get WV in our bracket....

I hate watching UVA play. I wouldn't mind seeing UF as the 8th seed in their region.

I hate watching UVA play. I wouldn't mind seeing UF as the 8th seed in their region.

Would hate UF in our bracket but your comment is pretty stupid. That would literally force you to watch us play. Just don't watch UVA play if you hate it. It amazes me how people can't figure out solutions to simple problems.

Would hate UF in our bracket but your comment is pretty stupid. That would literally force you to watch us play. Just don't watch UVA play if you hate it. It amazes me how stupid some people are.

Trust me, the channel is changed.

I wouldn't mind seeing UF play UVA because that is a good matchup for UF. When your own team is involved then winning and advancing is all that matters. If UF knocked out UVA then they assume the path of the likely #1 overall seed.

Trust me, the channel is changed.

I wouldn't mind seeing UF play UVA because that is a good matchup for UF. When your own team is involved then winning and advancing is all that matters. If UF knocked out UVA then they assume the path of the likely #1 overall seed.

I agree that UF is a bad matchup for UVA which is exactly why I said I would hate for UF to be in UVA's bracket.

ADVERTISEMENT