ADVERTISEMENT

ACC Tournament thread

FT disparity (17-2) in this game is pretty ridiculous considering Clemson has taken more 3s than we have and we have scored more in the paint than they have

VT is going to be a 9 seed. A 1-2 seed difference is huge at that point if you want to make the tournament. VT beat Duke and UVa in 2018. VT also played Duke and UVa twice. Wake Forest is a worse loss than St. Louis.

If you had said “10-11 seed” then I wouldn’t have responded. 10 seeds are still 8 teams higher on the S curve than first teams out.

The Wake loss was on the road. St. Louis was neutral.

If you had said “10-11 seed” then I wouldn’t have responded. 10 seeds are still 8 teams higher on the S curve than first teams out.

The Wake loss was on the road. St. Louis was neutral.

You’re leaving room for Committee judgment as a 10-11 seed even with the expanded field. Just saying FSU is by no means a lock for the field. It would be considered a surprise but I personally wouldn’t be shocked. Committee could easily push VT to a 10 in some scenarios.

Crazy stat of the night.

Last time UNC beat Duke in ACC tourney their roster was headlined by Antwan Jamison and Vince Carter.

Yeah, they have lost like 5 in a row or something in the ACCT against them. K really does a good job of getting his guys ready for this. Good for him.

You’re leaving room for Committee judgment as a 10-11 seed even with the expanded field. Just saying FSU is by no means a lock for the field. It would be considered a surprise but I personally wouldn’t be shocked. Committee could easily push VT to a 10 in some scenarios.

I could see FSU in the First Four games in Dayton. Maybe.

But fwiw, they actually are in the “lock category” on SI.

I think UVa will pull ahead in 2nd half and win in double digits. Your team needs to mentally be on its game when playing UVa and mental fatigue is inevitable when playing 4th game in 4 days.

Reactions: jhmossy and GE Nole
Lot of hip checks on screens, on and off the ball, by Virginia , but no flagrants called yet. Actually, no common foul called yet! Winking

When it's not called both ways, they should

Oh please.

Your guys have argued every single call. You also foul on every single defensive possession. They can’t call enough fouls on you.

Tough to complain as a UVA fan when we get dinged for an illegal screen considering how many are set on the other end. UVA fouls a lot. That is part of what makes them so effective on defense. They are also really good on that end as well. Both make it incredibly difficult to score on them.

UVA fan crying about fouls & Carolina just now shooting their 1st free throw 17 min into the game.

Lol, another illegal screen not called on UVA by two different people and they then call on on us on the other end.

I kind of wish a UNC guy would just lay into one of those guys when then do that crap if they aren't going to call it. At least maybe they'll think twice about it.

Honestly, I just don't want to see them blown out tbh. UVA is a really tough matchup for UNC with how physical they are, especially when they are probably a little fatigued anyway.

That was as about as well as I could have expected Carolina to play. UVA gonna turn the screws in the 2nd half

ADVERTISEMENT