ADVERTISEMENT

ACC Tournament thread

Pretty happy to be leading at the half considering UNC shot 50% from 3 (yes I know we shot 60%). I'm hoping their legs catch up to them in the 2nd.

Reactions: jeans15
Pretty happy to be leading at the half considering UNC shot 50% from 3 (yes I know we shot 60%). I'm hoping their legs catch up to them in the 2nd.

Do they have the legs. Roy is going to have to trust the bench.

Speed us up then

Too hard. Just no way to speed you guys up. Bennett certainly does what he does extremely well. I'm off this board for the second half. See if the luck holds true like it did yesterday. Have fun. I'll be back to congratulate you when the deed is done.

Reactions: jhmossy
I must admit I didn't realize UVA players whined as much as they do. May have just been the importance of the game. They are an excellent team though. Just really good at what they do.

Great win, Jhmossy. You guys have a team with a legit shot this year IMO. Guy was just fantastic.

I must admit I didn't realize UVA players whined as much as they do. May have just been the importance of the game. They are an excellent team though. Just really good at what they do.

Great win, Jhmossy. You guys have a team with a legit shot this year IMO.

Every team whines when things aren't going their way. It is the American Way!

Congrats UVA, regular season and tournament champs. You dominated the best league in the country. Good luck rest of the way!

Now we just need to conquer our NCAA demons. Never did I think we would be 31-2 though after losing Perrantes to graduation and having 3 players transfer out.

Now we just need to conquer our NCAA demons. Never did I think we would be 31-2 though after losing Perrantes to graduation and having 3 players transfer out.

Duke was suppose to dominate the league, we lost our entire front line and you guys weren't suppose to do what you did. Like I said before, experience talent trumps inexperienced talent.

Duke was suppose to dominate the league, we lost our entire front line and you guys weren't suppose to do what you did. Like I said before, experience talent trumps inexperienced talent.

Duke beat UNC last year 2 out of 3 with young talent. UNC is a bad matchup for Duke this year.

Last edited:
Duke dominated UNC last year. UNC is just a bad matchup for Duke this year.

No, coming into this season you were suppose to roll everybody. All that talent and you guys can't play defense and no leadership on the court. The zone you played was dismantled by players that won't even get drafted let alone a invite to make a NBA squad. Any team with good guards is a potentially bad match up for you.

No, coming into this season you were suppose to roll everybody. All that talent and you guys can't play defense and no leadership on the court. The zone you played was dismantled by players that won't even get drafted let alone a invite to make a NBA squad. Any team with good guards is a potentially bad match up for you.

Your experience talent didn't trump ours last year. That's all I'm saying. In the 2015 season, our youth also beat UNC twice. This year, u guys held the upper hand. Every year is different.

Your experience talent didn't trump ours last year. That's all I'm saying. In the 2015 season, our youth also beat UNC twice. This year, u guys held the upper hand. Every year is different.

Yes it did because we won the title and you didn't make it out of the first weekend. Also how did we have the upper hand this year?

Yes it did because we won the title and you didn't make it out of the first weekend. Also how did we have the upper hand this year?

We beat u 2 out of 3 last year. U had the upper hand this year meaning u won 2 out of 3. The NCAA tournament doesn't mean anything in what we are discussing because we didn't play against each other in it.

We beat u 2 out of 3 last year. U had the upper hand this year meaning u won 2 out of 3. The NCAA tournament doesn't mean anything in what we are discussing because we didn't play against each other in it.

Winning 2 out of 3 is nothing. You got 2 lottery picks on your front line, your back court may get drafted in the first round. The NCAA tournament means everything because that's the ultimate measuring stick. If you guys lay a egg in this tournament it's a big fat fail for you considering all they hype you had coming into this season.

It is called head to head with UNC! You made the comment about experience talent is better than inexperienced talent. Your statement is not totally true. Duke won the NC in 2015 with 3 OAD.

Your comment is just not 100% accurate. Duke won a National Title with 3 OAD in 2015. For the record, I'm not a fan of the OAD.

Last edited:
You make no sense. Duke won a National Title with 3 OAD in 2015.

And you keep repeating yourself, try keeping up and let's keep the conversation on 2018. UK won it 2012 with 3 OAD and 3 years later Duke did. They caught lightning in a bottle too. This tournament is wide open this year so it may happen again but you never know. I'll say it again. If you don't win it this year we may have talk a few Duke fans off the ledge including yourself.

Anybody who says they prefer a team of OADs vs a team with numerous upperclassmen is lying, all other things being equal.

First time I seen UVA all year. Hard to beat a methodical, almost mistake free team like that. Hell of a coaching job to get the guys to play with that much discipline.
SC vs AZ is pretty good too. This year could be Miller's last shot for awhile.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT