ADVERTISEMENT

ACC Tournament thread

Anybody who says they prefer a team of OADs vs a team with numerous upperclassmen is lying, all other things being equal.

I'm not saying that at all and not a big fan of OAD. It is not bad to have one on your roster and surround them with veterans. I personally don't believe Duke will be that good next year.

And you keep repeating yourself, try keeping up and let's keep the conversation on 2018. UK won it 2012 with 3 OAD and 3 years later Duke did. They caught lightning in a bottle too. This tournament is wide open this year so it may happen again but you never know. I'll say it again. If you don't win it this year we may have talk a few Duke fans off the ledge including yourself.

I don't take it that serious where u would have to talk me off a ledge. Now, if my son's team gets beat in the Regional semi's this week, I may message you. Winking

No, coming into this season you were suppose to roll everybody. All that talent and you guys can't play defense and no leadership on the court. The zone you played was dismantled by players that won't even get drafted let alone a invite to make a NBA squad. Any team with good guards is a potentially bad match up for you.
Different game last night if Duval does not hurt his ankle.He had been playing really well and simply could not push off that leg.Proud that he tried to gut it out

Anybody who says they prefer a team of OADs vs a team with numerous upperclassmen is lying, all other things being equal.
If y’all don’t like Oads why has Roy offered every player that Ky and us have gotten the last few years.You saying that Roy would not have taken all of the players he offered

Reactions: Quavarius
If y’all don’t like Oads why has Roy offered every player that Ky and us have gotten the last few years.You saying that Roy would not have taken all of the players he offered

I never said I didn’t like them. Our recruiting suffered and you know why so we had to settle.

As good as your defense is this years team seems to have much better shooters than previous UVA teams.Congrats on a helluva year

We have three very good guards who all shoot well from 3. We still don't have much of a post game and that could potentially be our downfall. But I am just going to enjoy being 31-2 for right now.

Our offense won the game tonight. We gave up 1.09 ppp to UNC but we scored 1.22 ppp ourselves.

Different game last night if Duval does not hurt his ankle.He had been playing really well and simply could not push off that leg.Proud that he tried to gut it out

You are the first Dukie I've seen try to make an excuse. Congrats.

Of course he wouldn't. No coach can take all the guys they offer. Surely you aren't serious with this question. Roy is not anti-OAD guy though. He is anti having a bunch of them though.

Reactions: 829305
You are the first Dukie I've seen try to make an excuse. Congrats.

Of course he wouldn't. No coach can take all the guys they offer. Surely you aren't serious with this question.
Cory you are one to say anything about excuse with all your crying about illegal screens and ref. My point is that Duval being hurt affected how the game was played.Unc fans constantly talk about Oads and how Roy would not take them which is BS.You would taken everyone of them .

Cory you are one to say anything about excuse with all your crying about illegal screens and ref. My point is that Duval being hurt affected how the game was played.Unc fans constantly talk about Oads and how Roy would not take them which is BS.You would taken everyone of them .

I mean, they set illegal screens. They do it against your team as well. It certainly didn't cost us the game. They are just better. Like I said, Duke fans took their medicine. You made an excuse. I congratulated you. What more do you want?

Roy would not take every one of them. We don't even have the 'ship space for that to be possible. This isn't a difficult concept to understand.

I mean, they set illegal screens. They do it against your team as well. It certainly didn't cost us the game. They are just better. Like I said, Duke fans took their medicine. You made an excuse. I congratulated you. What more do you want?

Roy would not take every one of them. We don't even have the 'ship space for that to be possible. This isn't a difficult concept to understand.
Unc fans are the only one who think they set illegal screen but your school is the only team that has never lost a game unless the refs screwed them

Unc fans are the only one who think they set illegal screen but your school is the only team that has never lost a game unless the refs screwed them

I mean, we just lost a game tonight where the refs didn't screw us. Like, a few hours ago. So....

Reactions: UNC71-00

I’ve never understood UNC fans talking shit about one and dones. Roy went after about everyone of them and just missed. If they would’ve went to UNC they would’ve been nice humble young men who play who attend church every Sunday and love UNC but if they go to UK or Duke they are bad kids just looking for a fast track to get to the NBA lol

I’ve never understood UNC fans talking shit about one and dones. Roy went after about everyone of them and just missed. If they would’ve went to UNC they would’ve been nice humble young men who play who attend church every Sunday and love UNC but if they go to UK or Duke they are bad kids just looking for a fast track to get to the NBA lol
Scooty if you had grown up in NC you would know what it is like to be around those arrogant pricks on a full time basis.They have a sense of entitlement which allows them to justify anything they do or say.Cory is typical of the breed.

Cory use to be an alright guy, prolly one of the better UNC posters until all this fraud stuff came out with UNC and then he kinda came down to sugar tits level. He never acted like one of them guys from the UNC board that like to circle jerk each other but something happened.

Cory use to be an alright guy, prolly one of the better UNC posters until all this fraud stuff came out with UNC and then he kinda came down to sugar tits level. He never acted like one of them guys from the UNC board that like to circle jerk each other but something happened.
Had the opinion about him at one time

Tony Bennett is such a good coach. What he’s done at Virginia is amazing.
It'd been a slow drawn out process, but he has the best *snooreing*

Edit: sorry, just woke back up.Yeah, he's conquered the ACC. It's great to slow down the game so much. zzzzzzzzzz.

Last edited:
Reactions: kelley2403
It'd been a slow drawn out process, but he has the best *snooreing*

Edit: sorry, just woke back up.Yeah, he's conquered the ACC. It's great to slow down the game so much. zzzzzzzzzz.

Good luck to you lurkez as we will snooze that ass to a natty despite your boredom! Much more so than your players that you will forget their names after next years draft.

Dude, you have been there when I needed you most, thanks, but no thanks again, I have ben a 20
year subscriber, so whatever makes you feel good, just not on the main board

Scooty if you had grown up in NC you would know what it is like to be around those arrogant pricks on a full time basis.They have a sense of entitlement which allows them to justify anything they do or say.Cory is typical of the breed.

Well I grew up in NC and I can say you’re the typical fan but I won’t. I will say this, you’re terrible and you’re acting like a little bitch.

Reactions: 829305 and UNC71-00
No, coming into this season you were suppose to roll everybody. All that talent and you guys can't play defense and no leadership on the court. The zone you played was dismantled by players that won't even get drafted let alone a invite to make a NBA squad. Any team with good guards is a potentially bad match up for you.
This is what I hate most about the OAD era. By now we all should realize that talent and athleticism is only one of many recipes for winning. It is the ridiculous expectations that lead to disappointment. So the talk of what teams are or were supposed to do is a waste of time.

It didn't take too many games to see that despite all of the talent, Duke was going to have bad games. I know it is the defense that gets most of the attention or the blame. But what really exposes their inexperience is the sloppy turnovers that they don't seem to be fixing. But it's just the freshmen either. Our only senior has gotten sloppy at crucial times as well.

I think Duke can play well enough to make a deep tournament run this year. But it also think they can play poor enough to lose to another Mercer. We'll see. Next year we'll just start over and will probably have similar frustrations as the past two years. And then do it again the following year. I have given up all hope of Duke ever being a good defensive team again, so I guess I will just enjoy the offensive show.

That same board you masqueraded as a UNC fan and got caught? The same board that banned you? You being banned from THR has really messed you up.

This is what I hate most about the OAD era. By now we all should realize that talent and athleticism is only one of many recipes for winning. It is the ridiculous expectations that lead to disappointment. So the talk of what teams are or were supposed to do is a waste of time.

It didn't take too many games to see that despite all of the talent, Duke was going to have bad games. I know it is the defense that gets most of the attention or the blame. But what really exposes their inexperience is the sloppy turnovers that they don't seem to be fixing. But it's just the freshmen either. Our only senior has gotten sloppy at crucial times as well.

I think Duke can play well enough to make a deep tournament run this year. But it also think they can play poor enough to lose to another Mercer. We'll see. Next year we'll just start over and will probably have similar frustrations as the past two years. And then do it again the following year. I have given up all hope of Duke ever being a good defensive team again, so I guess I will just enjoy the offensive show.
Life as a UK fan. It's not sunshine and rainbows dealing with OAD's. Congrats on having more next year.

You have no idea what I would or would not be saying.

Enjoy Senior Day next year.

Reactions: AWilli6995
I'm not saying that at all and not a big fan of OAD. It is not bad to have one on your roster and surround them with veterans. I personally don't believe Duke will be that good next year.

I agree with all of that

UVa is going to be a really tough out. Im gonna take them to win the whole thing.

Had the opinion about him at one time

I find it odd that you are here acting like a little kid lashing out because someone cut you in line or something yet try to make it out that it is someone else who is the problem. You came in saying silly things and couldn't take it when everyone didn't roll over and just let you get your frustrations out. That is what home boards or for. If you let it out here that's cool but don't be a baby about it afterwards though. This board probably isn't for you.

As for Scotty, who seems to be the one on your team here, you two can have each other. Not exactly a ringing endorsement. Dude faked being a UNC fan he was so eaten up with the Heels.

The worse kind of poster is that guy who says so and so used to be decent but now that they don't take my ridiculous BS they suck. Fits you both. That's ok though. Despite your insecurities I like you both. Just come back when you want to have a legit discussion instead of throw jabs and then get your feelings hurt.

I don't like them at all.

I like a mixture of OAD and upper class men. Bolden has been recruited over 2 times and along with some others on that team. They were suppose to be a juggernaught this year and so far it’s not happening.

I like a mixture of OAD and upper class men. Bolden has been recruited over 2 times and along with some others on that team. They were suppose to be a juggernaught this year and so far it’s not happening.

You have had your share of OAD, Roy just turns them into 3-4 year players

Reactions: GE Nole
ADVERTISEMENT