ADVERTISEMENT

ACC going to 20 game schedule

Playing 6 teams twice instead of 4 is an improvement. But would like to see a round robin, which would likely mean dropping some teams. Or make it to where teams play other teams twice according to where they finished in the conference the previous year.

Good. B10 started it this year. The closer u get to round robin, the better. Need to start in dec which is weird at first. Good for fans. Less bullshit non con cupcake games.

Reactions: CB3UK
Hope this means we start in Dec instead of having ACC games to begin the season. Can’t wait to play UVA at the beginning to start off 0-1.

Reactions: jhmossy
Are they still talking about playing a few conference games at the beginning of the year? Not a fan of that idea.
I was initially hesitant on the Big Ten scheduling a couple of conference games the beginning December but I actually like it now. It adds some meat to the early season schedule and it's definitely better than playing several conference home games while the students are gone over Winter break.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
I don't know what will eventually become of the Big XII.

But 10 is a fabulous number to have in a Conference. Home and away games against every conference opponent, and crowning an actual true "best of" Champion. That's what makes KU's accomplishment even more amazing. No claims of "but they didn't have to play so and so" or "they got so-and-so at home this season".

Reactions: RockChalkRally
I was initially hesitant on the Big Ten scheduling a couple of conference games the beginning December but I actually like it now. It adds some meat to the early season schedule and it's definitely better than playing several conference home games while the students are gone over Winter break.
I would really care about some early December games.
I believe I saw where the ACC talked about opening the season in November with conference games.

Honestly, I dont see why they don't just start practice the first day of class in the fall semester and extend the regular season so that conferences can play true round Robin schedules with up to 16 teams in conference.

Add a month or so to the regular season, and everyone maintains most of their OOC games to boot. 15 conference opponents twice plus 10 OOC games. 40 game season. But I'm greedy and will take more college hoops any way I can get it.

Increase scholarships to 15 so teams can rest players if needed during the stretch. 700 more kids getting a free college education each year wouldn't exactly hurt society.

I also think the NIT along with all the other non-Tourney tourneys need to be dissolved. Then, 32 conference champs get a first round bye with all at-large entrants having to play the first round. 96 team field.

I know, I'm batty like a cave. @me.

I would really care about some early December games.
I believe I saw where the ACC talked about opening the season in November with conference games.
That would be dumb. I hate that the Big Ten office decided that the football season would open with a conference game every year. Purdue had to play Northwestern this year on the first Thursday of the season and we clearly could have used a couple of non-conference games to get new players game experience. We ended up losing by 4 and almost missed a bowl because of it.

Of course after the Auburn debacle, I might have wished we missed a bowl. At least Nashville was fun as hell.

I don't know how I feel about it. It will hurt teams like UNC who like to play home and home games probably. Teams will probably schedule less marquee games against legit teams. I do love conference games though and it will be more balanced so when UNC wins the regular season Duke fans will probably bitch slightly less than before.

Which year was that?

2018, this season. The early December games provided a lot more interest than the usual games against the sisters of the poor.

It has has also made the conference race more interesting. Their is currently a 3 way tie.

ADVERTISEMENT