ADVERTISEMENT

2021 NBA playoffs discussion thread

Donovan went off last night. 45 points, 5 assists on 16-30 shooting. Dude is unreal. Jazz need Conley back to win this series though. For a while I thought Clippers were gonna take over. They’re so deep too.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Mitchell was unreal in the second half. Hes climbing his way to one of the top players in the league imo, biased of course. Clips messed up by not burying utah when they missed 20 straight shots.

I dont understand why Kawaii kept deferring to pg13 down the stretch esp when pg13 was shooting poorly all game. He actually made a couple of shots down the stretch but still, the balls gotta be in kawaiis hands imo, esp after the way he plaued in the 4th last series, or the games they won at least.

well that was ugly, but we got a win and stole home court so overall the two games in Philly were a rousing success.

Now back to the A where we've been dominant since Nate took over.

I'll be in Philly this weekend in a crazy coincidence. Looking forward to letting everyone I see know what time it is!

Mitchell was unreal in the second half. Hes climbing his way to one of the top players in the league imo, biased of course. Clips messed up by not burying utah when they missed 20 straight shots.

I dont understand why Kawaii kept deferring to pg13 down the stretch esp when pg13 was shooting poorly all game. He actually made a couple of shots down the stretch but still, the balls gotta be in kawaiis hands imo, esp after the way he plaued in the 4th last series, or the games they won at least.
I'm guessing he's exhausted after playing nearly perfect the last two games. I also just saw where the Clippers have played 8 games in 18 days. So that has to take some kind of toll at some point.

well that was ugly, but we got a win and stole home court so overall the two games in Philly were a rousing success.

Now back to the A where we've been dominant since Nate took over.

I'll be in Philly this weekend in a crazy coincidence. Looking forward to letting everyone I see know what time it is!
Nate is going to have to dial something up to counter Sixers adjustments. Still a problem with the way TY is being officiated.

I'm guessing he's exhausted after playing nearly perfect the last two games. I also just saw where the Clippers have played 8 games in 18 days. So that has to take some kind of toll at some point.
Playoff schedules usually space the hell out of games 1-5. But if a series goes 7 the schedule becomes grueling with games right on top of each other.

Reactions: JimboBBN
Nate is going to have to dial something up to counter Sixers adjustments. Still a problem with the way TY is being officiated.

both of those are clear fouls. Thybulle gets his body on Trae and Trae responds by forcing up a shot through the contact. Easy call.

Now if you want to talk about the king of flops, Joel Embiid, I'm down for that conversation.

Nate needs to stop playing Bozoman Hill for starters. He absolutely ****ing sucks, but he makes up for it by also shooting everytime his dumbass touches the ball.

We really need Hunter back. He's such an important part of our team defense and he's very good on offense as well. too many times I've seen Bogi get stuck trying to guard Harris or Simmons. Hunter can handle both of those guys.

both of those are clear fouls. Thybulle gets his body on Trae and Trae responds by forcing up a shot through the contact. Easy call.

Now if you want to talk about the king of flops, Joel Embiid, I'm down for that conversation.

Nate needs to stop playing Bozoman Hill for starters. He absolutely ****ing sucks, but he makes up for it by also shooting everytime his dumbass touches the ball.

We really need Hunter back. He's such an important part of our team defense and he's very good on offense as well. too many times I've seen Bogi get stuck trying to guard Harris or Simmons. Hunter can handle both of those guys.
In both cases he jumps away from the basket into Thybulle. It’s horse shit. I would challenge you to find any call Embiid drew that wasn’t a foul. Agree on Hunter being missed. Take away Q1 from the first game and this series is pretty one sided. Sixers are +32 since that point.

In both cases he jumps away from the basket into Thybulle. It’s horse shit. I would challenge you to find any call Embiid drew that wasn’t a foul. Agree on Hunter being missed. Take away Q1 from the first game and this series is pretty one sided. Sixers are +32 since that point.

he didn't "jump" into Thybulle. He leaned into him after he felt the body contact. Thybulle needs to defend better. Get too close and you risk Trae catching you and drawing the call.

I issue you the same challenge on Trae. Find me one call he drew that wasn't a foul. The two above are both fouls. Not my fault you don't like the rules of the NBA.

I do find it funny and ironic for a Sixers fan to be complaining about foul calls when Embiid draws more fouls than any player in the league, including Trae. I considered several calls Embiid drew to be BS just like you feel the same way about Trae's calls. Don't be a hypocrite about it. We both have a guy on our team who is in the top 3 for drawing fouls. Don't act like your guy is legit and mine isn't.

he didn't "jump" into Thybulle. He leaned into him after he felt the body contact. Thybulle needs to defend better. Get too close and you risk Trae catching you and drawing the call.

I issue you the same challenge on Trae. Find me one call he drew that wasn't a foul. The two above are both fouls. Not my fault you don't like the rules of the NBA.

I do find it funny and ironic for a Sixers fan to be complaining about foul calls when Embiid draws more fouls than any player in the league, including Trae. I considered several calls Embiid drew to be BS just like you feel the same way about Trae's calls. Don't be a hypocrite about it. We both have a guy on our team who is in the top 3 for drawing fouls. Don't act like your guy is legit and mine isn't.
I mean show me what you’re talking about on Embiid. The Hawks can’t defend him without fouling. That’s why he’s averaging 39.5 points in the series. Thybulle has a right to defend and a right to his space. In both cases Young initiates contact.

I mean show me what you’re talking about on Embiid. The Hawks can’t defend him without fouling. That’s why he’s averaging 39.5 points in the series. Thybulle has a right to defend and a right to his space. In both cases Young initiates contact.

I'm not gonna show you on Embiid unless you come to my house and look at my TV. You think I know how to or have the time to find examples on the internet?

everything you said about Embiid I say about Trae. Philly can't defend him without fouling. Trae has a right to his space as well and when Thybulle initiates contact Trae has the right to raise into him and draw a foul. I obviously don't agree that Trae initiated the contact. Its very clear in the first one that Thybulle put his arm on him first. Second one he hits Trae on the head.

It's pretty silly for you to be harping on fouls when Philly has clearly gotten the benefit of the whistle so far in the series. The muggling/tackle football display in the 4th quarter of game 1, Embiid going to the line pretty much everytime he doesn't score.

So far in this series Trae has gone to the line 20 times and Enbiid has gone 30 times so you you crappin?

I know its cool and hip, but my god that car is fvcking ugly
200w.gif

Reactions: UL_1986
I'm not gonna show you on Embiid unless you come to my house and look at my TV. You think I know how to or have the time to find examples on the internet?

everything you said about Embiid I say about Trae. Philly can't defend him without fouling. Trae has a right to his space as well and when Thybulle initiates contact Trae has the right to raise into him and draw a foul. I obviously don't agree that Trae initiated the contact. Its very clear in the first one that Thybulle put his arm on him first. Second one he hits Trae on the head.

It's pretty silly for you to be harping on fouls when Philly has clearly gotten the benefit of the whistle so far in the series. The muggling/tackle football display in the 4th quarter of game 1, Embiid going to the line pretty much everytime he doesn't score.

So far in this series Trae has gone to the line 20 times and Enbiid has gone 30 times so you you crappin?
I mean, they defended him last night. They defended him in the 2nd half of game 1 too. Thybulle doesn’t initiate contact on either of those plays though. There’s no way that’s a foul in the regular season let alone the playoffs. Surely this isn’t the first time you’ve heard this about Young? He and Harden have been called out repeatedly for these antics.

Where have all the goons gone? Any still out there doing their thing? I also liked it when former productive players morphed to goon status, any of those?

Does Atlanta have a goon to try to play head games with Embiid?
The foreign guy did some of that last night and drew a technical on Embiid. I can’t believe that the Hawks have pretty much just let him get 40 each night without much double teaming. They should make him a passer instead of a scorer. He’s gotten better there but it’s not the best aspect of his game.

I mean, they defended him last night. They defended him in the 2nd half of game 1 too. Thybulle doesn’t initiate contact on either of those plays though. There’s no way that’s a foul in the regular season let alone the playoffs. Surely this isn’t the first time you’ve heard this about Young? He and Harden have been called out repeatedly for these antics.

both of those are fouls all season long. You think Trae is just now getting that call? He's been getting that exact call all season long. there's a good reason he is top 3 in fouls drawn all season.

yes, he gets called out all the time by uneducated fans. And he gets praised all the time by former players and experts who recognize what an amazing skill he has at drawing fouls.

Sixers definitely defended him better last night. We'll see if that continues back in Atlanta.

both of those are fouls all season long. You think Trae is just now getting that call? He's been getting that exact call all season long. there's a good reason he is top 3 in fouls drawn all season.

yes, he gets called out all the time by uneducated fans. And he gets praised all the time by former players and experts who recognize what an amazing skill he has at drawing fouls.

Sixers definitely defended him better last night. We'll see if that continues back in Atlanta.
Doc Rivers finally remembered he has the DPOTY on his team.

In game 1 Simmons drew Young on 11% of game action. Last night it was 45%

Doc Rivers finally remembered he has the DPOTY on his team.

In game 1 Simmons drew Young on 11% of game action. Last night it was 45%
11% isn't because Doc forgot about Simmons, it's cause when he did put Simmons on Trae he picked up 2 fouls in about a minute.

Then Simmons and Doc cried to the media for 2 days which I guess worked.

• Haha
Reactions: iliketrafficlights
Stars gonna get calls ya gotta live with it if you wanna watch. And they know how to get the calls too if refs try holding out, that's part of what makes them stars.

I like Trae a lot, he is a hell of a player. And he makes guys better. ATL has some good wings and I ain't just talking bout the chicken. Philly probably prevails in 6, but this could still be a fun series and ATL could be tough in the future if they can keep these guys together and add pieces.

If Embiid gets hurt that's a series changer.

Just checked last night's boxscore, what the hell is going on with Ben Simmons? That is a shit show of a stat line with a must win game. I may amend my prediction on this series.

11% isn't because Doc forgot about Simmons, it's cause when he did put Simmons on Trae he picked up 2 fouls in about a minute.

Then Simmons and Doc cried to the media for 2 days which I guess worked.
You’re gonna tell me that Young didn’t get calls last night?

Just checked last night's boxscore, what the hell is going on with Ben Simmons? That is a shit show of a stat line with a must win game. I may amend my prediction on this series.
Defense doesn’t show up in the box score. But 7 team turnovers vs 19 in game 1 is indicative of the floor game of your primary ball handler. If you watched the game you would be amazed that a guy can impact the game to the extent Simmons did last night while only taking 3 shots. Simmons shouldn’t be a factor offensively in this series. On every trip down the floor his shot is a worse option than the better matchups the Sixers have where Embiid can get 40 Harris can get 25 and Curry can get 20. Hawks have no answers for any of those matchups. If Simmons is taking shots then there’s a problem. That will change if the Hawks adjust.

Stars gonna get calls ya gotta live with it if you wanna watch. And they know how to get the calls too if refs try holding out, that's part of what makes them stars.

I like Trae a lot, he is a hell of a player. And he makes guys better. ATL has some good wings and I ain't just talking bout the chicken. Philly probably prevails in 6, but this could still be a fun series and ATL could be tough in the future if they can keep these guys together and add pieces.

If Embiid gets hurt that's a series changer.
I agree. If the best two player in the NBA is out the Sixers will struggle. But you can say that about any team should they lose their best player.

Defense doesn’t show up in the box score. But 7 team turnovers vs 19 in game 1 is indicative of the floor game of your primary ball handler. If you watched the game you would be amazed that a guy can impact the game to the extent Simmons did last night while only taking 3 shots. Simmons shouldn’t be a factor offensively in this series. On every trip down the floor his shot is a worse option than the better matchups the Sixers have where Embiid can get 40 Harris can get 25 and Curry can get 20. Hawks have no answers for any of those matchups. If Simmons is taking shots then there’s a problem. That will change if the Hawks adjust.
Taking your word on this I haven't watched the games. 3 rebounds though? If he's doing it all on D maybe Philly has enough to get by but I'd think they need a little more counting stats from Ben. Guess we'll see.

Reactions: iliketrafficlights
no. We could send Bruno Fvcking Fernando out there to kick Embiid in the knee, but he'd most likely miss given his coordination.
They need somebody talking to him the entire game. Progressively put him on edge. Gallo seemed to piss off Randle and Bullock accidentally. Maybe show him film, he could be a natural?

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
Taking your word on this I haven't watched the games. 3 rebounds though? If he's doing it all on D maybe Philly has enough to get by but I'd think they need a little more counting stats from Ben. Guess we'll see.
The only attainable thing I want to see that he’s not providing is offensive rebounding. At the same time, when a shot goes up, the team is probably better off with him finding Trae Young and getting ready for transition. His rebound totals took a hit because he was the primary cover of Young

You’re gonna tell me that Young didn’t get calls last night?
yes, just like I've told you in several posts already today. Every call Trae got was legit. he went to the line 9 times, Embiid went 16x yet you don't see me or ATL crying about it.

yes, just like I've told you in several posts already today. Every call Trae got was legit. he went to the line 9 times, Embiid went 16x yet you don't see me or ATL crying about it.
Again, you’ll have to make reference to something because I can’t recall a single call that came against someone defending Embiid that wasn’t a foul.

I think. I saw a headline Hunter for ATL has a knee injury and is done for the year, hoping that isn't a long term issue for him - solid player and probably a good guy. Not sure about the good guy part but hey I hate injuries.

• Sad
Reactions: WeAreDePaul
ADVERTISEMENT