ADVERTISEMENT

2021 NBA playoffs discussion thread

terrible news about DeAndre. Re-tore his meniscus and has to have another surgery. Already had surgery for same thing in February.

Hawks are officially ****ed. We didn't have much of a chance of winning this series as it is, but now we have zero chance. the downgrade from Hunter to Bozoman Hill is massive. Hopefully Nate wakes up and just starts Huerter. Hill is one of those rare players who not only sucks, but he makes his teammates worse.

terrible news about DeAndre. Re-tore his meniscus and has to have another surgery. Already had surgery for same thing in February.

Hawks are officially ****ed. We didn't have much of a chance of winning this series as it is, but now we have zero chance. the downgrade from Hunter to Bozoman Hill is massive. Hopefully Nate wakes up and just starts Huerter. Hill is one of those rare players who not only sucks, but he makes his teammates worse.
Sucks for the kid. He’s local to the Philly area. Hopefully he can get healthy soon because he’s a great young player. I agree with your assessment of Solomon Hill. When 7’2’’ Joel Embiid can take you off the dribble and coach has you out there for your defense as a wing, that’s a problem.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
Me realize there's no 6:30 game.

5yGR.gif

Sucks for the kid. He’s local to the Philly area. Hopefully he can get healthy soon because he’s a great young player. I agree with your assessment of Solomon Hill. When 7’2’’ Joel Embiid can take you off the dribble and coach has you out there for your defense as a wing, that’s a problem.

yea Hill suffers from what I consider the worst disease a player can have. He suffers from the disease of thinking he is better than he is. Nothing hurts a team worse than when you have players who think they are better than they are. Those players kill their teams by constantly attempting to write checks their ability can't cash. Either taking bad shots or just shooting in general when they are bad shooters. Dribbling and trying to make plays when they have no dribbling or playmaking skills. Things like that lead to empty possessions and also can damage team chemistry as other players get upset watching the ensuing shit show.

In game 2 i saw Trae give a noticeable side eye to Hill when he bricked a bad angle 3 early in the shot clock. I can count on 1-2 fingers the number of times I've seen Trae react to a teammate like that in his entire career.

Reactions: iliketrafficlights
That Nets line looks funky. And past experience has taught me that when that happens there’s some shit I don’t know about. When it seems too good to be true it usually is.

Reactions: GE Nole
That Nets line looks funky. And past experience has taught me that when that happens there’s some shit I don’t know about. When it seems too good to be true it usually is.
agreed. I don't gamble, but I've always felt that if the line is really weird something is up. Maybe, dare I say, the Michael Jordan of Delaware is going to rise from the ashes and put forth his version of the MJ flu game, only it will be the DD foot ligament game.

• Haha
Reactions: iliketrafficlights
Not as confident on this one but I like the Clippers +3 tonight as well.
Way more interesting series. I thought the Clippers had it in 6 before the 4th started, but now I think it’s a toss up in 7. Probably the best series so far until the conference finals from each side.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Feel bad for MPJ, but I've always said his back is a ticking time bomb and it's not a matter of if it will go off, but when. As the leading expert on sports related spine injuries (i've had 7 spine surgeries, 3 from basketball) I always said that there's no way he is going to make it through his career without more back problems. You can't have 2 disc surgeries and then go back to playing the absolute worst sport you can play for your back and not expect more problems.

Always found pro sports a tough gamble, the $ is in college football, you find those juggernauts and they cover most every week. Some of the mismatches are immense and 17-21 pt spreads are gifts.

The greats mail it in on occasion. Pete Sampras used to tank sets in tennis, are Durant & Co pulling a Sampras???

Glad the bucks got a game but they’re toast. Jazz looking solid as Donovan is playing lights out. Need Conley back tho imo.

I dont have a dog in the fight, but the foul on RJ barrett on Trae late game one was garbage. RJ had his hands up and trae flailed into him, no other body contact anywhere. Thats the def of foul hunting. He knew as soon as he did that he had no intention of making a shot, just drawing a foul. If thats a foul, they should call multiple fouls every possession.

Thats where i thibk they should take the rule, even when jumping into an airborne player. If your total agenda is to draw a shooting foul, as opposed to make a shot, they shouldnt call it. Plus I mean how often do we see a guy get fouled on the floor and then get ot called as a shooting foul just bc he flails his arms at the goal or acts like hes going into a shooting motion when he doesnt even have the ball. I do get that could get really hard to ref though, trying to prove intent. Some are pretty obvious tho.

JMO.

Last edited:
Donovan averaging 33 points a game on 49 percent fg shooting and 42 percent 3 point shooting in the playoffs so far. Mans is on a mission.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Mitchells def been on an historic tear. I hope theh csn get conley back for next game, or at least get 1 in LA. But yea hes been amazing. Hopefully its him and booker battling it out next round, that would be fun, although im not sure either can beat the Nets.

Reactions: UL_1986
ADVERTISEMENT