ADVERTISEMENT

11) St. Johns vs 11) Arizona State discussion

The camera was zoomed in so it was a little hard to tell, but I'm pretty sure NC Central just started their half court offense with a three man weave.

Solid so far. Great start to the tourney with the three (well, 2.5) games we've had so far.

Yeah, Central is supposedly a bad outside shooting team but is doing pretty well there.

I was not expecting ASU to be up 31-15 with 6 minutes to go in the first half.

Hurley sucks. Team is cruising and he starts flipping out, gets t’d up, goes into the halftime tunnel bitching out one of his guys. Team is obviously flustered right now and he doesn’t help. Won’t be surprised if SJU steals this.

Reactions: arockthief
He deserves to be thrown out of about every game he coaches around the 16 minute mark. No idea how he gets away with acting that way.

Reactions: arockthief
He deserves to be thrown out of about every game he coaches around the 16 minute mark. No idea how he gets away with acting that way.
Agree. The reason he "gets away" with the shit, is b/c no official takes his clown ass serious. He's a laughing stock among officials.

And I'll stop right there.:D

St. John's never deserved to make the tournament. Terrible OOC. I can think of 2-3 other bubble teams that should've gotten in over them.

With a coach that looks like a drill sergeant, I'd expect them to be more disciplined. They play extremely sloppy.

Mullin has zero coaching experience prior to SJU. SJU basically begged their most famous basketball alum to take the job in a Hail Mary to save the program and so he did. He’s not doing a bad job as SJU being in this game is a big deal for them given their recent history (3rd bid since 2000 and one was vacated), and he has recruited well, but as you see on full display tonight the team lacks discipline, which could improve as Mullin continues to learn on the job.

The announcer said it right: "It's finally over!"

I swear that game didn't want to end.

ADVERTISEMENT