ADVERTISEMENT

1 Gonzaga vs 5 Duke

Feel like Duke should be up a lot more than they are
Me, too...Gonzaga like 2-12 from three....Holmgen in foul trouble...Timme with just 4 points....Banchero going on Clay Thomspon, and its just a 7 point game.

Reactions: jhmossy
This is where I agree that the WCC doesn’t prepare Gonzaga for March. They need to play these types of teams with length and ball pressure.

Also Timme still can’t defend. Getting killed in pick and roll.

Gonna be a long season if Mark Williams is allowed to be that aggressive on defense without being called for fouls.

Feels like Duke should be up about 15. Zags played pretty shitty and only down 3.
Tons of foul trouble....awful from three-----Banchero going nuts. Williams playing really well. Yet just a 3 point game.

So far Duke has done what I felt they needed: COntrolled GU so far in transition---and pressured the guards.

Gonzaga should double the shit out of Banchero any time he touches the ball.

Gonzaga should double the shit out of Banchero any time he touches the ball. Make Keels beat them.
That,and looked for GU to start screening the traps on the guards, and getting 5/3 situations, open three's. I look for Few to do just that.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Duke putting Timme in pick and roll every play. I’d consider taking him out for Watson and Chet, who are both much better defenders.

These refs and their anticipation calls are killing games. That was an awesome block.
I don't think anything there was anticipated....Williams got some body, but what I think made it look like a foul, was the "wild fling", coming down action....I doubt there arent many officials that would not have called that foul...

Probably not a foul....I dunno. But Williams brings his arms down a lot...He's gotten away with more than he's been called for....Terrific player, though

Reactions: GE Nole
ADVERTISEMENT