ADVERTISEMENT

Would You Date/Marry Someone From a Different Culture/Race?

This seems so weird;

MuslimPoleDancer.jpg

Reactions: bkingUK
I won't be able to watch that at work, but I dated an Asian girl at the end of college. 4'10, about 90 lbs. Holy shit was that fun.

I dated a white girl about that size. You can do some different things for sure.

Reactions: JimboBBN
I’ve been with white girls and black girls but my dream is to have an Asian girl! I have a few videos and pics with al it if the girls I’ve been with that I could share if you guys don’t mind seein my junk jingle!Laughing

Reactions: KYtotheCore
True that. I dated a Latino in college. She was barley 5 foot tall & a total freak. Sex with her was incredible, she went to law school in Chicago & I never saw her again.
That’s why I don’t Facebook, I’d have to look all those ex freaks up & the temptation is too great.

Did your mommy let you have girls in the basement?Laughing

The first time I dated a non-white girl (black, and we were under 18, so "girl," not "woman") my parents objected, and I thought it was b/c they were racist. Turns out it was b/c she was pure-t trash and they could tell before I could.

I ultimately learned from that experience about the challenge of interracial relationships (it was the late '80s; I think things have improved). It's not that they're impossible or that they should be avoided, but there's an overwhelming likelihood that there's going to be a significant experiential difference, and that's sometimes more than a relationship can handle. I would think successful IR relationships are honest about that and deal w/ it respectfully, rather than ignore it and pretend that their own non-issue with each other's race is always going to protect them in a society where it has been an issue.

The first time I dated a non-white girl (black, and we were under 18, so "girl," not "woman") my parents objected, and I thought it was b/c they were racist. Turns out it was b/c she was pure-t trash and they could tell before I could.

I ultimately learned from that experience about the challenge of interracial relationships (it was the late '80s; I think things have improved). It's not that they're impossible or that they should be avoided, but there's an overwhelming likelihood that there's going to be a significant experiential difference, and that's sometimes more than a relationship can handle. I would think successful IR relationships are honest about that and deal w/ it respectfully, rather than ignore it and pretend that their own non-issue with each other's race is always going to protect them in a society where it has been an issue.

You might get a kick out of this... when I was maybe seven or eight, I was walking with my parents just south of Washington Square Park in NYC (in retrospect, having lived right there, I’m pretty sure we were on Thompson street, above 3rd street). This mixed race couple was walking ahead of us on the street, towards us... black woman, white guy. In between us and them was this old crazy homeless guy. Black guy, a mess, just the prototypical crazy NYC homeless guy. As they walk past him (we still hadn’t reached him, so we were like watching this ahead of us) he starts ABUSING them, yelling at the woman, yelling at them both, even turning and starting to follow them towards us. So dumb little seven or eight year old me got so absolutely furious at that that *I* started barking right at the guy as they walk towards and past us... I don’t remember what I said, but my mom said I just started yelling at him for being a jerk and shut up and all of that. I still remember the homeless guy looking at me like I had three heads, and the couple turning around (they had passed both the guy and us) and my dad practically picking me up and dragging me away. I was FURIOUS and still giving the guy shit. I can still remember being dragged north up the block by my dad and nearly shaking with anger. Such a bizarre thing, but it does sort of fit:). Anyway, thought you might enjoy the random story.

Reactions: Dattier
I
You might get a kick out of this... when I was maybe seven or eight, I was walking with my parents just south of Washington Square Park in NYC (in retrospect, having lived right there, I’m pretty sure we were on Thompson street, above 3rd street). This mixed race couple was walking ahead of us on the street, towards us... black woman, white guy. In between us and them was this old crazy homeless guy. Black guy, a mess, just the prototypical crazy NYC homeless guy. As they walk past him (we still hadn’t reached him, so we were like watching this ahead of us) he starts ABUSING them, yelling at the woman, yelling at them both, even turning and starting to follow them towards us. So dumb little seven or eight year old me got so absolutely furious at that that *I* started barking right at the guy as they walk towards and past us... I don’t remember what I said, but my mom said I just started yelling at him for being a jerk and shut up and all of that. I still remember the homeless guy looking at me like I had three heads, and the couple turning around (they had passed both the guy and us) and my dad practically picking me up and dragging me away. I was FURIOUS and still giving the guy shit. I can still remember being dragged north up the block by my dad and nearly shaking with anger. Such a bizarre thing, but it does sort of fit:). Anyway, thought you might enjoy the random story.
tibs.gif

I swear on the lives of my children and on the life of my wife and the threat of her cancer coming back. Scan results on May 21, so I’ll let you know how it works out.

Also met one of my best childhood friends when, in second grade, a kid called him a chink in the lunchroom and I went over the table at the kid. Aldo Rossi. Still remember him. Knew that phrase from a Tin Tin book.

Always been someone who doesn’t put up with assholes in real life. Still a bit like that. Like, if I see a kid being a douche, I don’t just turn my head like most adults do when it isn’t their kid. Also partly being a teacher, I’m sure.

So.

Last edited:
Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
Frankly, I believe it more coming from a kid. As adults we are more likely to ignore -- I mean -- "not notice."

Frankly, I believe it more coming from a kid. As adults we are more likely to ignore -- I mean -- "not notice."

Hah! As an adult I would have maybe recognized a) just a random homeless nutjob and b) that might be very dumb and dangerous to do. I just remember being horribly angry and offended by the guy. Like, **** him.

Hah! As an adult I would have maybe recognized a) just a random homeless nutjob and b) that might be very dumb and dangerous to do. I just remember being horribly angry and offended by the guy. Like, **** him.
Yep. I've really admired this quality in my oldest kid. She has always been one to stand up to injustices. I particularly remember her standing up to a friend who was bullying a kindergartener back when she was in first grade. The friend held a grudge against her for a week or so and she didn't budge or regret a thing. They made up and her friend knew better in the future.

I swear on the lives of my children and on the life of my wife and the threat of her cancer coming back. Scan results on May 21, so I’ll let you know how it works out.

Also met one of my best childhood friends when, in second grade, a kid called him a chink in the lunchroom and I went over the table at the kid. Aldo Rossi. Still remember him. Knew that phrase from a Tin Tin book.

Always been someone who doesn’t put up with assholes in real life. Still a bit like that. Like, if I see a kid being a douche, I don’t just turn my head like most adults do when it isn’t their kid. Also partly being a teacher, I’m sure.

So.
Best wishes to you and your wife. My wife had a tumor and two cysts removed from her uterus in 2006. She has 1/3 of an ovary and less than 5% chance of getting pregnant. But she has continued to get healthier and has no signs of any cancerous cells forming. It's a scary thing to deal with but as is life.

My cousin is dating an Iranian girl. She is INSANELY hot. Like, a pure ten. Now, she is an Iranian girl from California who doesnt wear a burkha or whatever... but christ, she looks like Jasmine from Aladdin. I am so so jealous.

Persian women are where it's at, my friend. I married a Latino but she's got Italian, Spanish, Mexican, and Cuban thrown in there. Has the Persian thing going on.

Persian Womenz
O4V8ugs.jpg

Maryam-Zakaria.jpg

tabrizi.jpg

5ddf36e63742e75a8c1d7064afe5a151.jpg

Best wishes to you and your wife. My wife had a tumor and two cysts removed from her uterus in 2006. She has 1/3 of an ovary and less than 5% chance of getting pregnant. But she has continued to get healthier and has no signs of any cancerous cells forming. It's a scary thing to deal with but as is life.

Thanks. Wife is 11 years clean, but unfortunately had a pretty rare and super aggressive forum of insular thyroid cancer. She gets scans regularly still. Now, however, we are starting to get a bit nervous, as PET scans hit you with a TON of radiation. Like, a TON. She is starting to question her surgeon, who has been her primary person since then. Trying to get an appointment at Sloan to get a second opinion, to see if such regular and high dose radioactivity scans are necessary and worth it. I’m sure all will be fine.

Persian women are where it's at, my friend. I married a Latino but she's got Italian, Spanish, Mexican, and Cuban thrown in there. Has the Persian thing going on.

Persian Womenz
O4V8ugs.jpg

Maryam-Zakaria.jpg

tabrizi.jpg

5ddf36e63742e75a8c1d7064afe5a151.jpg

Yeah, Persian women look almost like a mix of Italian and Latina and all the other hotnesses. Since meeting the cousins girlfriend a few years back I’ve occasionally looked on the internet for Persian lady... “inspiration”...but it almost always ends up being these ridiculous women in burkas and stuff:)

Reactions: Matt Laurer

Yeah, I would assume there are certainly challenges that both people would have to deal with regarding their own relationship that probably make successful IRs very strong. I think the challenges within are often overlooked in discussions of what can make it tough. Sometimes TV and the movies are king of cliche about all of this but there is this HBO show on now called 'Here and Now' that has an IR couple and some of what they portray seems pretty realistic regarding some of those challenges.

As for kids, when my wife was pregnant I was at Wal-Mart with my stepson, who was around 4 or so at the time. As we were walking into the restroom there was a guy with a particularly large beer gut. So he turns to me and says, 'Hey, look, that guy has a baby in his stomach as well'.

Reactions: JimboBBN
Sorry like my dogs I don't want any mutts walking around if you know what I mean....pure breeds only...

Yeah. Since he wanted to compare humans to mutts, it's worth noting that mutts have better bones, live longer and are typically smarter than pure breds. They are also more loyal and better looking.
Considering my dad is black & my mom was white I guess I’m a mutt.
Not sure what race he is, so I’m not going to comment about him anymore.

Have gone Black , Asian , Italian , German/Italian , Finnish , and most unique was a girl that was 1/4 Eskimo. 1/4 doesn't sound like a lot but she happened to get about 50% of that heritage in her looks.

Still never gotten with a hot Indian girl and is still the one thing I never accomplished with the opposite sex. In fairness I have seen like 2 in real life , my entire life.

My wife of 49 years says I have to stand pat. If I was going to marry a woman from a foreign I would choose one from a poor nation so she would appreciate this country.

As long as she is a great person with shared morals why not. There are women of every race that are beautiful. Fetish is a great way to end up divorced or broken up.

Reactions: Dattier
Still never gotten with a hot Indian girl and is still the one thing I never accomplished with the opposite sex. In fairness I have seen like 2 in real life , my entire life.
Indian women are either super attractive or not at all. There's really no in between.

They all kill it professionally though so there is that.

Reactions: ThePhog08
ADVERTISEMENT