ADVERTISEMENT

Wiseman announcing tomorrow..

Its Memphis, correct?
Correct. 100%

Memphis is a legit player for recruits going forward. Not just Memphis kids. They should also be a player on the court as well.

That's Jalen Green and R.J. Hampton with him.

Last edited:
Hope not, but afraid so.

If UK misses on him, and gets cut from Carey’s list, it’ll be a not so great week.

Hearing Carey’s 3 will be Dook, Michigan St & UNC.

I actually didn’t expect UNC. I’ve heard a lot of Miami buzz as of late, but MSU and Duke have been the perceived favorites for a while.

Duke and Michigan State will split Carey/ Stewart.

I’ll be happy with either one. But that’s how I see this situation going down

I actually didn’t expect UNC. I’ve heard a lot of Miami buzz as of late, but MSU and Duke have been the perceived favorites for a while.

I think it’s pretty telling that Miami visited Carey yesterday. Imagine they are on the outside looking in.

Reactions: Hank_

Edit: Also, keep an eye on Trendon Watford to Memphis soon. ESPN doesn't even have UM listed.

Last edited:
Quite good considering how late they got in. If they were in early he would already be committed. It should be interesting.

Penny has been close to the Wiseman's for a while. This isn't surprising at all, and didn't start when Penny was "officially" hired at Memphis.

I don't remember who, but someone nailed it when they mentioned Wiseman played a part in Tubby getting fired.

Penny has been close to the Wiseman's for a while. This isn't surprising at all, and didn't start when Penny was "officially" hired at Memphis.

I don't remember who, but someone nailed it when they mentioned Wiseman played a part in Tubby getting fired.
He was talking to me about UNC’s chances with Zeke Nnaji

Are we getting to the point where we need to start discussing Cal's recruiting success? I am being dead serious. I've never been the one to knock Cal after a recruiting miss or bad game, but UK has been going downhill in recruiting and on court results since 38-1. True story.

Cal is not immune to criticism at this point, at least in my opinion.

Quite good considering how late they got in. If they were in early he would already be committed. It should be interesting.

Oh, I agree. Wiseman has been a lock to Memphis for awhile from what I’ve heard around here. Heck, I caught flack from some UK guys when I said it a while ago.

We were talking of someone else and UNC.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Oh, I agree. Wiseman has been a lock to Memphis for awhile from what I’ve heard around here. Heck, I caught flack from some UK guys when I said it a while ago.

We were talking of someone else and UNC.
Haha, my bad, I didn't scroll up enough to see you were quoting.
Laughing

Are we getting to the point where we need to start discussing Cal's recruiting success? I am being dead serious. I've never been the one to knock Cal after a recruiting miss or bad game, but UK has been going downhill in recruiting and on court results since 38-1. True story.

I think he’s missed out on a few big time players, but I wouldn’t knock him for this Wiseman situation. He was headed to U.K. before Penny got hired at Memphis. No coach can overcome that kind of setback. It sucks fir U.K. and Cal but this is out of their control.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I think he’s missed out on a few big time players, but I wouldn’t knock him for this Wiseman situation. He was headed to U.K. before Penny got hired at Memphis. No coach can overcome that kind of setback. It sucks fir U.K. and Cal but this is out of their control.
Sure, but I think K and Duke have a lot more to what I was saying than something like this. They have completely taken over as the "IT" school right now, and the results speak for themselves. Not only that, but there are schools getting less talent than UK with much better on the court success the last few seasons. Just strange to me. I think Cal is fine and we should end up having a pretty good year, but I'm not as confident in the direction of UK basketball under Cal as I have been before.

True on Wiseman, but it appears we're going to miss out on other top big man targets.

Sure, but I think K and Duke have a lot more to what I was saying than something like this. They have completely taken over as the "IT" school right now, and the results speak for themselves. Not only that, but there are schools getting less talent than UK with much better on the court success the last few seasons. Just strange to me. I think Cal is fine and we should end up having a pretty good year, but I'm not as confident in the direction of UK basketball under Cal as I have been before.

It looks like doom and gloom now I’d agree. But once the 1/done rule is gone I think you’ll see things change.

Even McDaniels??
FWIW, a nugget I read today;

"We did report the near fight between McDaniels and UK commit Kahlil Whitney over the summer. I have zero inside info (as a matter of fact someone close to Whitney said there’s no truth to it) but I did wonder if Whitney refused to sign because UK is heavy with McDaniels. I doubt that to be the case, but if you’re looking for conspiracies there you go. I’d be completely shocked if Whitney didn’t end up at UK regardless of who Kentucky brings in at the wing or forward position."

Reactions: Noahtogo24

Friends and I joke about hosting a pod. I said my hot take for ther other day would be K stealing Cal’s recruiting thunder to the point of crippling him in the future. Don’t fully believe it, but there’s some truth there.

Friends and I joke about hosting a pod. I said my hot take for ther other day would be K stealing Cal’s recruiting thunder to the point of crippling him in the future. Don’t fully believe it, but there’s some truth there.
I don't think its a secret Cal is much more successful when he was overwhelming talent, and he hasn't had that the past few years. It has shown. There's no reason THIS particular team should have been blown out by Duke or had tough matches against VMI and other mid majors. But here we are. Something is definitely going to have to change if Cal wants back on top of the mountain.

I don't think its a secret Cal is much more successful when he was overwhelming talent, and he hasn't had that the past few years. It has shown. There's no reason THIS particular team should have been blown out by Duke or had tough matches against VMI and other mid majors. But here we are. Something is definitely going to have to change if Cal wants back on top of the mountain.

Tony Barbee?

Easy solution- get more top 5 players in rankings, like Wall, Davis, Cousins. Problem- beating K for them...

Reactions: JimboBBN

Tony Barbee?

Take Justus with barbee both are garbage

I did that a year ago on Rupp’s Rafters and got death threats.

If Kentucky doesn’t go top 5 in next 2-3 years, he’s on the hot seat.

Flip side to that is not getting the best of the best may help Calipari longterm. Could have team of upper classmen next year. Losing Rod Strickland was worse than it appeared at time.

Reactions: tw3301
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT