ADVERTISEMENT

Wiseman announcing tomorrow..

I don't think its a secret Cal is much more successful when he was overwhelming talent, and he hasn't had that the past few years. It has shown. There's no reason THIS particular team should have been blown out by Duke or had tough matches against VMI and other mid majors. But here we are. Something is definitely going to have to change if Cal wants back on top of the mountain.

You know, I’m glad you brought this up. I’ve been asking myself this question as well: what happened between the Bahamas trip and the exhibition games? You guys looked like world beaters AND not only brought in elite recruits but also returned experienced players as well.

From my observation, it doesn’t look like any roles have been defined yet. That’s not a bad thing since it’s still early in the season. But, it’s not a good thing when you return all of that experience and roles aren’t defined yet. Did something happen between the Bahamas and the start of the season (internally)? I don’t doubt Cal will right the ship, but I think he thought this team would be much further along at this point.

From my observation, it doesn’t look like any roles have been defined yet. That’s not a bad thing since it’s still early in the season. But, it’s not a good thing when you return all of that experience and roles aren’t defined yet. Did something happen between the Bahamas and the start of the season (internally)? I don’t doubt Cal will right the ship, but I think he thought this team would be much further along at this point.

Over confidence in the staff, players, and fans.

Reactions: Quavarius
Wiseman will not be much next year, he has no o game. Still 3 years from being a factor but will go to the nba and sit on the bench

idjut.gif

Correct. 100%

Memphis is a legit player for recruits going forward. Not just Memphis kids. They should also be a player on the court as well.

That's Jalen Green and R.J. Hampton with him.

Speaking of Jalen Green, he had a great time in Tallahassee with Scottie Barnes this past weekend. Heard Anthony Edwards has been in their ear.

I’ve expected him (Wiseman) to pick Memphis ever since Penny took over. I won’t be shocked if he picks UK but I think he goes to Memphis! Best of luck either way.

Real talk.

I hope Wiseman commiting to UM over UK, will finally help Memphians get over the butthurt of Calipari taking the better job.They really need a reason to move on.

fingers crossed.

You've got your coach, you've got your revenge for Demarcus Cousins. Stop being a victim, do something with your team and move onl.

Peace.

Reactions: GE Nole
So I was lurking RR and came across abthread that a Memphis radio station was reading posts from RuppRafters on air. I’m sure that was pretty great.

Anyone with a link to that station I’d love to have a listen myself.

Reactions: tw3301
So I was lurking RR and came across abthread that a Memphis radio station was reading posts from RuppRafters on air. I’m sure that was pretty great.

Anyone with a link to that station I’d love to have a listen myself.
There're not reading other boards. Wonder why?

No one cares:D

I said earlier, hopefully when Wiseman commits they'd move on from Calipari taking the better job....I guess not.

#kentuckyeffect

Serious question and kind of off topic but how many 5* point guards are on UK right now?

Green clearly should’ve transferred. He’ll never climb the ladder now
I think I agree. Although he played pretty well the other night against VMI. He's probably our least talented guy, plus we have Maxey coming next year. Green probably wouldn't start as a junior.

I think I agree. Although he played pretty well the other night against VMI. He's probably our least talented guy, plus we have Maxey coming next year. Green probably wouldn't start as a junior.

Green probably would transfer if the season ended today. Too soon to write off season though.

Reactions: JimboBBN
When he was recruiting Giles, he told him that. He was trying to sell him and Gabriel playing together. Didn’t he also tell Knox he could play the 1 or 2 as well?

Well Giles never went to Kentucky so it’s kind of a moot point what was promised. No idea if that’s even true and the guy was healthy for like half of season. As for Knox, no.

Well Giles never went to Kentucky so it’s kind of a moot point what was promised. No idea if that’s even true and the guy was healthy for like half of season. As for Knox, no.

It’s not a moot point if he’s saying he tells recruits the truth when really he doesn’t all the time.

Kentucky’s recruiting slump likely has nothing to do with Calipari’s character or promises. That’s the how fans think, not players.

If I were speculating, I think it’s:

1 Calipari’s teams have been underwhelming since 2015. In lieu, the style has been less than exciting. The teams appear to struggle and underachieve, despite if the perception is warranted.

2 Calipari’s loss as coach as Team USA hurt his standing with the current freshman class.

3 The fallout of the corruption scandal had residual effects on Kentucky. Louisville being destroyed hurt one of our key rivalry games

4 The turnover of the one and done made it hard for Calipari to sustain success.

Pertaining to #4, that might put Kentucky at an advantage when OAD goes away as we will have upper classmen ready.

But also have to remember, while perception is reality, Kentucky could pull off a few big wins this year and suddenly he looks like a genius. Have to take a long view with this stuff.

When he was recruiting Giles, he told him that. He was trying to sell him and Gabriel playing together. Didn’t he also tell Knox he could play the 1 or 2 as well?

It’s not a moot point if he’s saying he tells recruits the truth when really he doesn’t all the time.

FFS, Cal told tall, skilled basketball players that they could play on the wing, and he’s a liar? I’ll grab the cross and nails while you google “4 out sets”.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Been talking to locals and we all agree it sucks ass, Memphis landed a local Memphis kid and instead of talking about Memphis making a comeback, doing great, reenergizing the city... twitter/media is talking about UK.

UK losing a recruit is bigger news than Memphis landing a hometown player that's ranked top of his class.

When Cal left Mem, UK fans called U of Memphis, Calipari U. Now, after his years in Lexington, people around the country know more about Cal than KU, I mean UK, and many call UK Cal U. What goes around, comes around. Great day here in Memphis and all people involved are from Memphis, coach & players

When Cal left Mem, UK fans called U of Memphis, Calipari U. Now, after his years in Lexington, people around the country know more about Cal than KU, I mean UK, and many call UK Cal U. What goes around, comes around. Great day here in Memphis and all people involved are from Memphis, coach & players

YES

ADVERTISEMENT