ADVERTISEMENT

Where do you see your team vs it's ranking?

Tyler Cook is the most talented player I have seen at Iowa the last few years.
The guy had a Motor on both ends of the floor

I wouldn't be surprised if he stuck in the NBA for a few years.

But....

You probably will lose to Iowa State again this year and there is a good chance they finish in last place in the Big 12.
Would be the second time in three years for that to happen

You know if you were in the Big 12 you would be fighting it out with TCU and Iowa State for last place this year
not likely. the B12 is not that tough,
you know last year Iowa was picked to finish 10th or worse with no post season play not even the CBI and low and behold they finished 6th alone won their 1st rnd game in the NCAAT as a 10 seed then lost to #2 seed Tennessee in OT,

you know I have been reading this every year since Fran took over, well guess what this is not the Lick years where losing was the norm,

what makes this funny in that 12-13 season here were the starting 5 that won 25 games
PG 4* top 100 Gesell
SG 2* Clemons
SF 3* Marble
PF 3* White
C 4* top 50 Woodbury
Gesell and Woodbury were the ONLY 4* player on the entire roster,
and now there are 6 4* with 4 top 100 4* players on the team and Fran won't/can't have a winning season or better than a 10th place finish.

that is crazy has Fran has finished at that level twice in his 9 seasons, his 1st and 8th, finishing 3rd twice, 6th 3 times, 5th once, 7th once, now he is going to start losing? Give Me a F'n Break and go back to the B12 Thread that's if they even have one.

like I said you hate the idea of Iowa being any good,

Tyler Cook is the most talented player I have seen at Iowa the last few years.
The guy had a Motor on both ends of the floor

I wouldn't be surprised if he stuck in the NBA for a few years.

But....

You probably will lose to Iowa State again this year and there is a good chance they finish in last place in the Big 12.

Would be the second time in three years for that to happen
Iowa beat ISU last season, as for ISU I doubt they finish last in the B12, Kenpom rates ISU 45th and Iowa 55th.

the BPI ranks Iowa 29th and ISU 12th. doesn't look like the ranking of last place teams to me.

please go back to posting on the FB board as you clearly don't know shit about BB.

Iowa beat ISU last season, as for ISU I doubt they finish last in the B12, Kenpom rates ISU 45th and Iowa 55th.

the BPI ranks Iowa 29th and ISU 12th. doesn't look like the ranking of last place teams to me.

please go back to posting on the FB board as you clearly don't know shit about BB.

But as of right now the entire conference outside of Kansas St is in the Top 50 on KenPom.

Iowa St lost too much last year and only people who are high on them think Haliburton is the best guard in the Big 12.

the kenpom and BPI thinks differently.

They were pretty much predicted to finish at the bottom or near the bottom by everyone who covers the Big 12.

It looks like their 2017-2018 team with Wigginton and no one else.
Haliburton is a great player but he can't do it by himself.

They are probably going to beat Iowa again and finish in the last place.

They were pretty much predicted to finish at the bottom or near the bottom by everyone who covers the Big 12.

It looks like their 2017-2018 team with Wigginton and no one else.
Haliburton is a great player but he can't do it by himself.

They are probably going to beat Iowa again and finish in the last place.
their you go with that AGAIN word, its not like ISU HAS never been beaten by Iowa.

Just for you Gilligan I am going to try to catch a couple of Iowa games.
I will watch them against Tech and one other and then give you the best insight you can find on here in basketball and football.

Maybe against Iowa State. Have to do some scouting on the schools in the Big 12.

I am from the belief that if your opponent can't score you always win in basketball.
Everytime I have watched Iowa basketball the last few years I haven't seen that intensity, length nor athleticism on defense
Height doesn't mean length.
As some 6-5 guys have 6-11 wingspans while some don't.

Like I have said I was a big fan of Tyler Cook last year. Thought he was moving way faster than his teammates in the games I watched.

As always Gilligan has hope even after the noose is around his neck.
Have to respect that

tenor.gif

The more UNC plays the less like a top 25 team they look. This is the first time ever that Roy’s team at UNC hasn’t scored at least 80 points twice in their first four games (they haven’t done it yet).

The more UNC plays the less like a top 25 team they look. This is the first time ever that Roy’s team at UNC hasn’t scored at least 80 points twice in their first four games (they haven’t done it yet).

I’m kind of there with you. Liked what I saw from Bacot last night, but we just don’t have a lot of offensive firepower. Hoping B-Rob coming back and others getting comfortable in their roles has an impact.

Who can be counted on to score aside from Anthony and Bacot?

Who can be counted on to score aside from Anthony and Bacot?

Robinson can but he hasn’t played yet. Hopefully he will be back for the next game.

Brooks was supposed to have a vastly improved midrange game but hasn’t made a shot yet. Both grad transfers are still pretty lost at times. Neither are great, just average role player types. No idea about the other two freshman who are still injured. So getting Robinson back should help a lot but it is going to be a process.

Reactions: GE Nole
Robinson can but he hasn’t played yet. Hopefully he will be back for the next game.

Brooks was supposed to have a vastly improved midrange game but hasn’t made a shot yet. Both grad transfers are still pretty lost at times. Neither are great, just average role player types. No idea about the other two freshman who are still injured. So getting Robinson back should help a lot but it is going to be a process.

Gotcha, thanks.

Just for you Gilligan I am going to try to catch a couple of Iowa games.
I will watch them against Tech and one other and then give you the best insight you can find on here in basketball and football.

Maybe against Iowa State. Have to do some scouting on the schools in the Big 12.

I am from the belief that if your opponent can't score you always win in basketball.
Everytime I have watched Iowa basketball the last few years I haven't seen that intensity, length nor athleticism on defense
Height doesn't mean length.
As some 6-5 guys have 6-11 wingspans while some don't.

Like I have said I was a big fan of Tyler Cook last year. Thought he was moving way faster than his teammates in the games I watched.

As always Gilligan has hope even after the noose is around his neck.
Have to respect that
watch the game tonight as N Florida was 21-47 from 3 in their last game, they have 4 SR starters that can all shoot.
Joe was rated #42 by Rival [surprising I know] 6'6 6'11 wing span, leads the team in steals
Nunge as a FR had 25 blocks at 7'0 has a 7'4 wing span
Connor @ 6'5 6'8 wingspan
Garza 7'3 wing span @6'11 had 32 blocks has a FR then while recovering from stomache surgery had 17,

the most Cook had in his 3 seasons was 20 blks, the best scoring season was his SO season when he scored 15.3 ppg. with his atthletic ability he should have avg'd a dbl dbl in points and reboundng and should have avg'd more than 0.6 bpg as a JR. Plus he should have been more dominant since he was rated #38 by ESPN,

there is more to BB than just dunking a BB, was he athletic yes there is not disputing that. but he didn't use it to dominate other teams and disappeared way to often, plus he was a TO waiting to happen has he had 92 TO's, then he led the team in FTA with 202 but only shot 64.4% from the FTL by making 130,

same with Moss one game he would have a good to great game then he would disappear for the 3-4 games,

neither are that big a loss based on their play.

this year they add 2 former starters in Nunge and Pemsl
Pemsl in his FR season was 4th on the team in scoring with these as his stats
19.3 mpg 8.9 ppg, 5.0 rpg 169 total [vs Cook who had 143 rebounds], 25 steals and 24 blocks with 53 TO's
Nunge when he was a FR was 5th in scoring with these these for numbers
15.7 mpg 5.7 ppg, 2.8 rpg total 91, 32 TO's, 21 steals and 25 blocks
they add 46 steals, 49 block and 7.8 rpg between the 2 of them, scoring wise they bring a avg of 14.6 ppg.

the 2 of them together =/> than the loss of Cook. now its just getting the rust shaken off as Pemsl had not played a game since Nov of 2017 and Nunge had not played since March of 2018. to expect them to be at 100% this early is expecting way to much. but in a 7-8 games at most this will be a much different team as they will have played as a team rather than team with 3 new starters.

Says the guy who's watched DePaul play exactly one time in the last two seasons...
I don't have to watch as I can read the scouting reports, just like N Florida never watched them either but the scouting report has them with 4 SR starters and they were 21-47 from 3 and avg 37 point attempts per game,
doesn't take a rocket scientist to tell me they are a perimeter oriented team and are a very experienced team

just like DePaul was a SR dominated team with 3 Transfers plus that game was DePaul's 4th game vs a Iowa team that was playing just their 2nd game with 3 new starters.

hmm experience ussually wins over inexperience. tonight it will be their 4 SR starters vs Iowa who's oldest starter is just a JR, with the youngest being a RSFR,

I hope for the best with DePaul because Dave Leitao son's plays football for Texas and is the starting TE right now.

But DePaul most likely will finish on the bottom half of the Big East

It wasn't a good showing by Iowa at all.
to bad you keep showing your ignorance about BB, you really SHOULD stick to FB as you know nothing about BB.

You can't spin it. Have to admit the fact that Iowa is losing to teams at the bottom of the mountain.
Doesn't mean Iowa will stay there this year but it means that your team isn't anywhere close to being ranked or even being a NCAA Tournament team.

Just give it a rest until Iowa actually shows some proof.

I have been there with Shaka Smart and Texas the last few years.
It is frustating.
We have a roster full of top 100 players. Pretty much everyone that plays more than 15+ minutes this year.

Auburn is easily a top 5 team. Probably #1. It’s fine though rather get to play the disrespect card for awhile.

You can't spin it. Have to admit the fact that Iowa is losing to teams at the bottom of the mountain.
Doesn't mean Iowa will stay there this year but it means that your team isn't anywhere close to being ranked or even being a NCAA Tournament team.

It is frustating.
We have a roster full of top 100 players. Pretty much everyone that plays more than 15+ minutes this year.
they have lost to DePaul who is 5-0 and will play TT and Minnesota and you are already DICTATING they are bottom feeder, all because of what Smart is doing with Texsas. boy you really do have a problem. Fran has won with far less talent and with less experience, in his 1st 3 years with players NOBODY else wanted and after 3 years where they avg'd 5 BT wins per season
4-14
8-10 NIT
9-9 NIT Championship game with 25 wins on the season 2nd most in Iowa's history
9-9 NCAAT
in year 5 12-6 3rd place BT finish, year 6 12-6 3rd place.
7th 10-8 with Jok and 4 FR 10-8 5th NIT,
in year 8 4-14 with 3 SO's and 2 FR.with 0 SR's,
in year 9 10-10 with multiple players missing games because of head injuries [concussions] with Nunge, Pemsl and Fredrick ALL RS'ing.
this years team is more spread out by class and is fully healthy
the only player that is not healthy is Patrick who is dealing with residual health injuries from his bout with cancer that put him in the hospital to have his Thyroid removed and was checked to make sure it had not spread. fans want him to RS.

Jordan is getting healthier with each game BUT it is still a game by game decision as to if he will play this season or RS.
Fran lost 3 starters, return 2 starters and the 3rd in Jordan is a ? as to if he will play or not.

Wieskamp was a All BT FR Teamer and was a Preseason All BT member [1 of 10]
Garza was a All BT FR Teamer. plus he was a All BT Honorable Mention,

way to much talent not to have a good season. now its a matter of getting/putting the pieces together.

you cannot play good defense as a individual as you need to play TEAM DEFENSE, all you have seen is 5 players learning how to play as a team on defense.
that is something beyond your level of IQ of BB. you watch 1 game and decide that team is going to fail and another is going to be a bottom feeder W/O knowing anything about either team.

i feel like we are definitely a little worse than our ranking right now. we are about to hit up depaul, Iowa and Louisville pretty quick and that should give us a pretty solid reality check. Beard teams always progress offensively and defensively throughout the season so early season losses end up more helping us a lot more than hurting us. I think the duke loss last year was a great thing for us personally.

we are ridiculously athletic but we are short on big men this year. I'm just kind of interested to see how it works out and how it looks. just tonight we played mostly guys under 6'7 the first half and ended up with just 2 points scored on us in the paint, beard is just a defensive wizard.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Looks like UT Arlington went Tech on Gonzaga tonight.
Hell of a job by Chris Ogden, his staff and players to hold Gonzaga under 40% shooting

Ogden is who UT should hire if Shaka is shown the door. He’s going to be a hot commodity soon.

my cats are ranked 9th but ATM they are more like 40th. really... no matter who we have... just start the season ranking us 50th because we are crap to start the year every year.... it takes 2 months for cal to think of an offense and start teaching it and thats the good years...

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
my cats are ranked 9th but ATM they are more like 40th. really... no matter who we have... just start the season ranking us 50th because we are crap to start the year every year.... it takes 2 months for cal to think of an offense and start teaching it and thats the good years...
It pretty amazing how Cal develops a young team into a contender year after year. Other coaches have multiple year players to help the cohesion. Most coaches do less with less.

It pretty amazing how Cal develops a young team into a contender year after year. Other coaches have multiple year players to help the cohesion. Most coaches do less with less.

Do you consider what K did last year to be amazing?

It is frustating.
did some checking on PG Moore out of HS he was a top 100 4* #61 over all and the #1 PG coming out of Illinois.

DePaul also have these
FR Weems top 50 4* #46 over all in the 2019 class
FR Jacobs top 100 4* #89 overall in the 2019 class
FR Ongenda 4* in the 2019 class
JR Roberts 4* in the 2018 class,

combine that with the 3 transfers this is not the same team. as it was last season.

Says the guy who's watched DePaul play exactly one time in the last two seasons...
it doesn't take watching team to make a observation, there are multiple scouting report out there that anybody can and do have access too.

leading up to that game multiple site gave a complete break down on DePaul even a writer for the Des Moines paper had a break down of each team going into the game.

just like there was a break down of N Florida which showed the top 3 point shooters that avg 45% or better from 3 and pointing out the # SR's starting.
the players did a very good job of defending the arc by running their shooters of the line and not letting the get set.
it was when Iowa was up 21 that they hit 3 3's from 3-4' past the new arc that made the game closer than it really was,

NF also did this vs the Walk on's and the bottom of the roster,

DePaul is no where close to a Top half of the Big East.

They were predicted to finish in last place

So far I don't think they are on the level of Butler, Creighton and Providence.

St. John's might be the only program they are better then
We will have to see

DePaul is no where close to a Top half of the Big East.

They were predicted to finish in last place

So far I don't think they are on the level of Butler, Creighton and Providence.

St. John's might be the only program they are better then
We will have to see
to bad they base their projections off of last season and nothing else.

just like last season with Iowa they predicted a 10th place or worse season based off of that 17-18 season. if you paid attention Iowa made them all look like fools.

to bad they base their projections off of last season and nothing else.

just like last season with Iowa they predicted a 10th place or worse season based off of that 17-18 season. if you paid attention Iowa made them all look like fools.

Do you watch basketball
Watch Xavier
That is what a Top half of the standings Big East team looks like

I see us as the best team in the country fully healthy, which we are now. Thank the Lord!

I see us as the best team in the country fully healthy, which we are now. Thank the Lord!

I was excited when I learned that Louisville was going to be one of our rivals in the ACC. Figured the series would be intensely competitive. Looking forward to that finally happening.

I was excited when I learned that Louisville was going to be one of our rivals in the ACC. Figured the series would be intensely competitive. Looking forward to that finally happening.

Just because the W column is one sided doesnt mean that some of the games havent been competitive! You guys have some Irish luck!

Battle for Atlantis should tell us a little. The way things are I like Oregon's 4 starting seniors, with three really good perimeter players.
Pritchard's former HS team mate, Mathis, transferred in for his 5th year and he must be one of the leaders nationally in 3 pt shooting. Off the bench Lawson is looking great, and soph Will Richardson is great for 15-20 minutes.
UO opens vs a good Seton Hall tem, but the good thing is there's a losers bracket so we will sort it out a little.Really want a UNC v UO finals, but a bunch of good teams stand in the way. It's early, but assuming N'Faly Dante joins the team mid season, the Ducks should be a contender. They do need another big.

https://www.atlantisbahamas.com/b4a

ADVERTISEMENT