ADVERTISEMENT

Where do you see your team vs it's ranking?

della

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2001
Team
Tennessee
Did the pollsters nail it? Is the man trying to keep y'all down? Did they hit the bulls eye?

Tennessee will probably be in the top 20 this week. I don't see UT as a top 20 team. I think UT is more like a top 30 team. The win over top 20 Washington was due to Washington not playing like a top 20 team. Their zone defense was lifeless and ineffective.

Tennessee is scrappy, but does not have the height or talent down low to be considered a top 20ish type team.

How about your team?

Michigan is underrated early on by the AP voters like usual
th

Battle 4 Atlantis is stacked. What are your expectations? If you guys win that, you'll vault straight into the top 10.

Our stretch coming up is really tough. B4A is stacked like you said. Then we play Louisville and Oregon. I expect a couple losses especially if Wagner misses extended time.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Our stretch coming up is really tough. B4A is stacked like you said. Then we play Louisville and Oregon. I expect a couple losses especially if Wagner misses extended time.

Impressive OOC schedule. Possibly 4 top 10 teams. And Iowa State and Creighton might be tournament teams, too.

Love the fact that the acc has 3 of the top 5. Duke is the only one that has been truly tested against a good team tho.

Idk about Louisville, we’ve certainly looked the part, but we haven’t played anyone of note yet, unless Miami ends up being better than expected. Or if Indiana State has a better year than Evansville

MSU looks to be a legit top 5 team, as expected. Will be interesting to see how the Hauser ruling goes down but that would vault MSU into the #1 slot. imo.

Currently #1. Seems a little high. Maybe in the 4-7 range.

I think Duke is capable of winning it all. But so are 8-12 other schools. I feel confident that we have a top 5 defense. The offense is what worries me.

Reactions: jhmossy
I need to see more from the auburn offense to justify our ranking. Davidson and south Alabama were both good wins as both are along favorites to win conferences but our defense is what got those wins.

Reactions: jhmossy
Don't be insulted. It just speaks to your ability to find small things interesting.
I'm not insulted,just reading your posts....and yes, I do find almost everything interesting. I think it just comes with thinking.

I'm not insulted,just reading your posts....and yes, I do find almost everything interesting. I think it just comes with thinking.
Don't be insulted, but don't flatter yourself either.:)

Don't be insulted, but don't flatter yourself either.:)
I flatter myself about twice a day. Usually when I wake up and then again after lunch. The wife flatters me nightly.

and again, I've not been insulted on the internet since ~'99.

I flatter myself about twice a day. Usually when I wake up and then again after lunch. The wife flatters me nightly.

and again, I've not been insulted on the internet since ~'99.
Must have been devastating to remember it all the way back from 99?

I thought Texas' PR handle this off-season correctly.
They shouldn't have been ranked and needed to allow their play on the court to speak for itself.
This week will be another chance for them to allow their play to speak.

Texas has played with everyone the last two years.
They lost pretty much every game last year by a few possessions.
So far this year they look like a different team in important moments.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Gonzaga is at #8. They’ve blown everyone out including a kind of impressive 30 point blowout at Texas A&M. I’m confident that they are a top 10 team.

Like always Killian Tillie is hurt. We’ve got to stop wondering how good the Zags could be with a healthy Tillie when he has been injured for like 80% of the last 50 games Gonzaga has played.

I haven't watched a lot of basketball outside of UVA but I think it's a really sad state of affairs if UVA is a top 10 team this year. Our defense might be the best it's ever been but our offense is anemic and we have very few reliable shooters right now. We are shooting 20% from 3 LOL. Our best 3 point shooters are our bigs. Our frontcourt is pretty good but I worry that teams will pack it in or zone the hell out of us and we won't be able to score enough. Our OOC schedule is pathetic so we won't really know how good we are until the start of ACC play.

Reactions: della
Gonzaga is at #8. They’ve blown everyone out including a kind of impressive 30 point blowout at Texas A&M. I’m confident that they are a top 10 team.

Like always Killian Tillie is hurt. We’ve got to stop wondering how good the Zags could be with a healthy Tillie when he has been injured for like 80% of the last 50 games Gonzaga has played.

Coming into the season I was a little worried about Gonzaga's point guard play. But, Wooldridge is performing much better than I expected. What's the deal with Brock Ravet? Did he take the leave of absence because he was worried about playing time? Either way, should be a fun season for the Zags. Excited to see them in the Battle 4 Atlantis.

Coming into the season I was a little worried about Gonzaga's point guard play. But, Wooldridge is performing much better than I expected. What's the deal with Brock Ravet? Did he take the leave of absence because he was worried about playing time? Either way, should be a fun season for the Zags. Excited to see them in the Battle 4 Atlantis.
Idk what is going on with Brock. He was an interesting prospect because he is a throwback to the guys that Gonzaga used to get all the time. Gonzaga made their name off of getting guys like him. But they have improved their recruiting so much that he may have just seen the writing on the wall, especially with the recruiting class coming in next year.

The strange thing is that we have no idea why he left. Hopefully it is because of lack of playing time instead of something worse like a sick relative.

But yes it should be a great Battle for Atlantis. It just stinks that they drew Southern Miss in the first round, the only bad team in the tournament. Gonzaga needs every opportunity in Non-conference that they can get. Having to play the equivalent of Chaminade in the Maui does not help.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Talk to me when Maryland actually plays somebody-although Rhode Island did beat Bama...

Idk what is going on with Brock. He was an interesting prospect because he is a throwback to the guys that Gonzaga used to get all the time. Gonzaga made their name off of getting guys like him. But they have improved their recruiting so much that he may have just seen the writing on the wall, especially with the recruiting class coming in next year.

The strange thing is that we have no idea why he left. Hopefully it is because of lack of playing time instead of something worse like a sick relative.

But yes it should be a great Battle for Atlantis. It just stinks that they drew Southern Miss in the first round, the only bad team in the tournament. Gonzaga needs every opportunity in Non-conference that they can get. Having to play the equivalent of Chaminade in the Maui does not help.

Yeah, Gonzaga could have a monster class with Jalen Suggs & Co. Could be a really special team in 2021. I think you are guys are still top 10 this year.

It is unfortunate that they drew Southern Miss in the Battle 4 Atlantis. Everyone else is at least in the conversation for making the tournament. If they win the whole thing, though, that could be two top 10 wins for them.

I think the WCC might be better than normal this year, personally. Saint Mary's returns everyone minus Jordan Hunter. Took down Wisconsin. They're a tourney team, borderline top 25. BYU took down Houston on the road without Childs. They're a potential bubble team. Colbey Ross is probably a top 20 point guard. Unfortunately Pepperdine doesn't have too many OOC opportunities to prove themselves. All in all, I think it's feasible to still get 10 games against top 50 opponents, which is fair.

As for Terps, it is not #6 at this point.
Sry sluggish and slow starting team with below avg shooting.
A “star” AA candidate that disappears and can be passive at times.
Top 15 maybe around 12 to 10 seems right

ADVERTISEMENT