ADVERTISEMENT

What do people think about Eric Musselman to Texas?

Yeah Nebraska sucks this year, but this is a general board. If I wanted to only talk about nebraska hoops I'd be on the Nebraska board.

This is a culmination year for Texas. Things aren't going to get better than this season for Shaka. This is the season he has been building for 6 years. You judge culmination years differently than regular years. Expectations are much higher. Time to cut him loose if a Sweet Sixteen birth isn't meant this year.

Maybe you...
But you aren't a Texas fan so your opinion isn't that important.

Ultimately Shaka has a team that can play with anyone in the country.
There isn't a single team that we don't think Texas couldn't beat in the Tournament.
Doesn't matter if they go in as a 1,2,3 or 4 seed.

We will find out next week in the Big 12 Tournament.
Kansas might be the other dangerous team.
Texas matches up very well with WVU. If Texas plays Baylor again they are in better position to play them..

As we saw with Baylor. When they came back from their Covid break. They almost L to Iowa State.

Nationally.

This year is natty or bust, remember?

So they should be ready to play in the NCAA Tournament if that is the case.

Don't get that reasoning.

Remember what I said prior to the season. Shaka needed a big year. Would have been easier if he was playing in the PAC, SEC or ACC.
But he has pretty much walked through the season already where I think any reasonable person would have put them.

That was with CV and playing games without important players.

So they should be ready to play in the NCAA Tournament if that is the case.

Don't get that reasoning.

Remember what I said prior to the season. Shaka needed a big year. Would have been easier if he was playing in the PAC, SEC or ACC.
But he has pretty much walked through the season already where I think any reasonable person would have put them.

That was with CV and playing games without important players.

5-5 over the last 10 with a near-loss to K-State doesn't scream "ready to win it all."

How many teams in the country have a better combo of talent/experience than Texas?

Reactions: Villian07
5-5 over the last 10 with a near-loss to K-State doesn't scream "ready to win it all."

How many teams in the country have a better combo of talent/experience than Texas?

Where they are now is much better than when they came back from Covid.

We will see in Kansas City where a lot of teams are at.

Not too worry because of how that team can spread the floor and take advantage of matchups.

The question is actually on the other side of the floor.

Same reasoning you have with Bob Huggins and WVU.
You expect the defense to be there with coaches like Shaka and Huggins.

Don't know about LSU. I do know that no one wanted Barry Odom at Texas.

Such little dick energy like always with Arkansas.
This argument isn't going anywhere...

As an Arkansas fan you obviously think it is a great job

I showed you the difference in recruiting between Texas and Arkansas since they started recruiting players in 2000.

As great as you think Arkansas is.
The brand of Texas has been 2x stronger.

Not to mention that a new coach will have a new arena with brand-new facilities.

Objectively you can say Texas has more to offer.

Musselman hasn't proven yet to replace Shaka Smart.

You are living on hype because he has won some games... Ultimately he hasn't done anything yet

Not going to happen. He is way too unproven for Texas to fire Shaka to replace...

You can rest easy

There might be more recruits in Texas, but Tech, Baylor and A&M is out recruiting you guys. Not to mention all the other better programs raiding your state.

As far as the razorbacks, when they're winning kids stay home and play for that ONE team. Then we take kids from Texas.

Reactions: Mr.Razorback
Maybe you...
But you aren't a Texas fan so your opinion isn't that important.

Ultimately Shaka has a team that can play with anyone in the country.
There isn't a single team that we don't think Texas couldn't beat in the Tournament.
Doesn't matter if they go in as a 1,2,3 or 4 seed.

We will find out next week in the Big 12 Tournament.
Kansas might be the other dangerous team.
Texas matches up very well with WVU. If Texas plays Baylor again they are in better position to play them..

As we saw with Baylor. When they came back from their Covid break. They almost L to Iowa State.

It is a message board. None of our opinions really matter, but yet we give them.

Shaka is not the longterm solution for Texas. Everybody knows that.

It is a message board. None of our opinions really matter, but yet we give them.

Shaka is not the longterm solution for Texas. Everybody knows that.

Yet you think Eric Musselman is.
You are buying into hype and not seeing the total picture.

Arkansas is a decent team right now. But there isn't anything there to say he is a guy who could win a NCAA Championship.
They would probably be the 8th best team in the Big 12. Don't see them better than Oklahoma St or Tx Tech.

There is more faith with people who know basketball who will say Shaka has a better chance to win a NCAA Championship.

Unless you have an obvious coach who can...
It isn't worth firing Shaka.

If they do fire him it will because either A) It would damage the program to keep him or B) There is a better option available

As of now Shaka is doing #2 in the two things a program must accomplish.
Produce NBA Talent.
So he is pretty much keeping Texas in the position they need to be if a better coach emerges

• Haha
Not sure what the benefit/point is in producing nba players from a fans POV if they aren’t winning lots of games in college.

Washington puts players in the NBA, yet they haven’t been relevant since Brandon Roy and Nate Robinson went there.

Not sure what the benefit/point is in producing nba players if they aren’t winning lots of games in college.

Washington puts players in the NBA, yet they haven’t been relevant since Brandon Roy and Nate Robinson went there.

Talent on the roster

Some of you overrated coaching

Guy not going to touch a player and turn him into a star

You need NBA talent to win at a high level.

So when you have a guy that is bringing in talent you keep him until you find a better option

Ultimately players win games and not coaches

So you went from shaka needing a deep run, to it doesn’t matter as long as he has players who make it in the nba.

Lowered expectations much lol

Talent on the roster

Some of you overrated coaching

Guy not going to touch a player and turn him into a star

You need NBA talent to win at a high level.

So when you have a guy that is bringing in talent you keep him until you find a better option

Ultimately players win games and not coaches

If coaching was as overrated as you believed, Texas would be having a much much better season that they are having. Bc they most definitely have the players.

I’m not saying having nba talent is a bad thing, but if your coach can’t win big when he has it, when exactly do you expect him to ever win big?

Texas has almost a perfect storm of a roster. What coach wouldn’t kill for a veteran back court with length to go along with an Uber athletic front court, with two first rounders.

But you can keep making excuses for shaka, I don’t really care. Just find it funny that you’ve went from this is THE year for shaka to make a run, everything has come together roster wise, he’s finally got the pieces he wants, to well, as long as he recruits nba talent, he’s good to go as our coach.

Sounds like a fan of a team with a bad coach 😂

If coaching was as overrated as you believed, Texas would be having a much much better season that they are having. Bc they most definitely have the players.

I’m not saying having nba talent is a bad thing, but if your coach can’t win big when he has it, when exactly do you expect him to ever win big?

Texas has almost a perfect storm of a roster. What coach wouldn’t kill for a veteran back court with length to go along with an Uber athletic front court, with two first rounders.

But you can keep making excuses for shaka, I don’t really care. Just find it funny that you’ve went from this is THE year for shaka to make a run, everything has come together roster wise, he’s finally got the pieces he wants, to well, as long as he recruits nba talent, he’s good to go as our coach.

Sounds like a fan of a team with a bad coach 😂

What are you even talking about?

Texas most likely going into as a 2/3 or 4 seed.

So to think they won't be on the second weekend would be picking against the numbers

• Haha
Reactions: duckboy33
No not at all. I don’t have much faith in them, but he’ll I don’t have much faith in anyone this year, and someone’s gonna be there, so like you said, we will wait and see.

What are you even talking about?

Texas most likely going into as a 2/3 or 4 seed.

So to think they won't be on the second weekend would be picking against the numbers

Guess maybe we have differing opinions in making a run.

I guess if having nba players is the only expectation, making the sweet 16 would be gravy on top.

No not at all. I don’t have much faith in them, but he’ll I don’t have much faith in anyone this year, and someone’s gonna be there, so like you said, we will wait and see.

Andrew Jones can be frustrating on the defensive side some time

Kai Jones nerds to get his legs stronger.

Shaka is too busy trying to convince Brown he needs to return to let him just play. I think it hurt his confidence a little.
But he is a tough kid. Looking like he can get through it.

We will have to see where everything is at after the season.
You still have a few players who could come back.

Sweet 16 defeat and losing majority of the team won't help Shaka.

Sweet 16 and returning everyone outside of Sims and Coleman could set Shaka up for next year

If they return all those players, they should be good.

But I just looked at a mock draft aggregate, and Jones and Brown are both projected as fringe lottery picks. I’m guessing at least one is gone.

Regardless, the outlook for next season shouldn’t change expectations for this season. Anything less than an elite 8 this year should be considered failure.

If they return all those players, they should be good.

But I just looked at a mock draft aggregate, and Jones and Brown are both projected as fringe lottery picks. I’m guessing at least one is gone.

Regardless, the outlook for next season shouldn’t change expectations for this season. Anything less than an elite 8 this year should be considered failure.

These are conservations for after the season.

I think Kai Jones understands that playing time is the best for him. More than that he needs to get stronger

There is a greater change of him staying. Could actually be better for Texas truthfully.

Mussleman going to be one hot commodity I think, will be interesting to see if he's going to stick around Arky for the long haul. I think Arky has good tradition and a rabid fanbase I would think it would need to be a great offer to get him to move on but who knows?

Reactions: mtsuhog85
The whole conversation about talent in this thread is hilarious. Arkansas actually produces a lot of elite talent year in year out, and they're typically more loyal to Arkansas than in a state like Texas with so many schools. Three of our best players against Tech are freshmen 4 stars from Arkansas - Moody, Davis, and Williams.

The whole conversation about talent in this thread is hilarious. Arkansas actually produces a lot of elite talent year in year out, and they're typically more loyal to Arkansas than in a state like Texas with so many schools. Three of our best players against Tech are freshmen 4 stars from Arkansas - Moody, Davis, and Williams.

So why has Arkansas done jack and shit the last 25 years?

I don't see any reason why he'd go to Texas if he's offered the Indiana job.

giphy.gif

Reactions: ExitFlagger

We've hired terrible coaches. Any Arkansas fan would tell you that.

Heath was a terrible hire (made the Elite Eight at Kent State, sure, but hell Shaka made the Final Four and we see how that's turned out - plus I think there were some PC elements to it after the accusations of our AD being racist to Nolan). Pelphrey, terrible.

Anderson was a good hire that got us back to respectability and expecting to make the tourney, but he was never going to get us to the promised land (or even the Sweet 16). However without him I doubt Muss comes here.

Last edited:
I don't see any reason why he'd go to Texas if he's offered the Indiana job.
To some it is a better job.
Everyone has a different opinion but you could make the argument for Texas.

About opening doors.
For the most part all these jobs are going to open doors but to what level.
Texas has put more players in the NBA recently.

75-85% of these kids it is all about the NBA

• Haha
Reactions: Lefty8
We've hired terrible coaches. Any Arkansas fan would tell you that.

Heath was a terrible hire (made the Elite Eight at Kent State, sure, but hell Shaka made the Final Four and we see how that's turned out - plus I think there were some PC elements to it after the accusations of our AD being racist to Nolan). Pelphrey, terrible.

Anderson was a good hire that got us back to respectability and expecting to make the tourney, but he was never going to get us to the promised land (or even the Sweet 16). However without him I doubt Muss comes here.

Don't forget the Dana Altman hire.

Pelphrey was a debacle....Chad Morris type of hire.

Reactions: Hawgaluiah
Morris brought in some talent. Jeff Traylor really helped Arkansas.

Pittman wouldn't have been able to win without talent.
So you're saying he was a terrible fn coach? Regardless of the talent you bring in, you should ALWAYS beat San Jose st.

Because the record books say he was the worst coach in UA history.

Reactions: Hawgaluiah
ADVERTISEMENT