ADVERTISEMENT

What do people think about Eric Musselman to Texas?

I don't know if Texas should go with Beilein. You would be getting him on his retirement gig as he coaches into his 70's. I guess the up and comer route didn't really work out with Shaka though.

I don't know if Texas should go with Beilein. You would be getting him on his retirement gig as he coaches into his 70's. I guess the up and comer route didn't really work out with Shaka though.
Retirement gig worked out for Tennessee (basketball) & unc (football)

Totally untrue.

Just matters the coach and the offer on the table

If Texas really wanted Mussleman and Mussleman was looking to leave he would be gone

Nothing personal but it is a superior job.

Even without Texas doing shit the recruiting difference between them and Arkansas is huge

How many players does Arkansas even have in the NBA right now?

Obviously.

Reactions: fleckabelly
Totally untrue.

Just matters the coach and the offer on the table

If Texas really wanted Mussleman and Mussleman was looking to leave he would be gone

Nothing personal but it is a superior job.

Even without Texas doing shit the recruiting difference between them and Arkansas is huge

How many players does Arkansas even have in the NBA right now?
You’ve had 1 final four since 1950. Think about that. You’re irrelevant. You’re no where close to an equal job historically. Arkansas had 4 since 75 by 2 different coaches, 1 national championship, and a runner up.

But that’s not my point. My point is you can’t take most major college coaches from anywhere. That’s why your last 3 have come from mid majors. That’s not a knock on Texas. It’s just the reality that all teams can pay 5 million these days. You couldn’t get Matt Campbell from Iowa state either. Most successful coaches at their schools aren’t leaving anymore. FSU, Oklahoma, Texas, LSU, Ohio State, and others are going for small time coaches because great ones aren’t leaving. The same is true in basketball. Believe whatever you want, but there’s not a single coach you could take from Arkansas unless they wanted out.

• Love
Reactions: Mr.Razorback
You’ve had 1 final four since 1950. Think about that. You’re irrelevant. You’re no where close to an equal job historically. Arkansas had 4 since 75 by 2 different coaches, 1 national championship, and a runner up.

But that’s not my point. My point is you can’t take most major college coaches from anywhere. That’s why your last 3 have come from mid majors. That’s not a knock on Texas. It’s just the reality that all teams can pay 5 million these days. You couldn’t get Matt Campbell from Iowa state either. Most successful coaches at their schools aren’t leaving anymore. FSU, Oklahoma, Texas, LSU, Ohio State, and others are going for small time coaches because great ones aren’t leaving. The same is true in basketball. Believe whatever you want, but there’s not a single coach you could take from Arkansas unless they wanted out.

That is pretty bad for Arkansas because irrelevant Texas has doubled them up in recruiting elite players.

Irrelevant Texas still has a much stronger brand name than Arkansas.

You can face these facts or move on.

Regarding Eric Mussleman. It is all about the coach.

Every person is different. The rest of that shit doesn't matter.

This thread is someone putting bullshit rumors on here.

Don't care about Musselman.

But your insecurity about Texas is showing.

That is pretty bad for Arkansas because irrelevant Texas has doubled them up in recruiting elite players.

Irrelevant Texas still has a much stronger brand name than Arkansas.

You can face these facts or move on.

Regarding Eric Mussleman. It is all about the coach.

Every person is different. The rest of that shit doesn't matter.

This thread is someone putting bullshit rumors on here.

Don't care about Musselman.

But your insecurity about Texas is showing.
What? I responded to you saying all your coaches are ours if we want them. Now you retract to “it’s all about the coach.” Of course it is. I said that from the start. YOU said otherwise.

What? I responded to you saying all your coaches are ours if we want them. Now you retract to “it’s all about the coach.” Of course it is. I said that from the start. YOU said otherwise.

You were posting in this thread before I even showed up

I just wanted to pointed out how insecure this made Arkansas look

OP didn't even link a source

Because it’s stupid. My post was to point out there’s no chance musselman would go to Texas.

You don't know that.

He would be so far down the list. I have heard some possible replacements

Like I said they are big name guys. With the money they have from Moody because of their new arena they have some money to spend on a basketball coach.

Because most aren't totally upset with Shaka yet. Not to mention Shaka still is extremely confident he has a team to make a deep run.
Guys like Mussleman would be sideways moves.

• Haha
Reactions: Lefty8
You don't know that.

He would be so far down the list. I have heard some possible replacements

Like I said they are big name guys. With the money they have from Moody because of their new arena they have some money to spend on a basketball coach.

Because most aren't totally upset with Shaka yet. Not to mention Shaka still is extremely confident he has a team to make a deep run.
Guys like Mussleman would be sideways moves.
I do know that. Unless he wanted out, which I said. Texas offers nothing more right now in talent and way less in historical significance. He has no ties to Texas, it’s a lateral move at best, and the point you keep ignoring is coaches don’t move like they use to. Especially not coaches that have what Arkansas has coming back.

I do know that. Unless he wanted out, which I said. Texas offers nothing more right now in talent and way less in historical significance. He has no ties to Texas, it’s a lateral move at best, and the point you keep ignoring is coaches don’t move like they use to. Especially not coaches that have what Arkansas has coming back.

This argument isn't going anywhere...

As an Arkansas fan you obviously think it is a great job

I showed you the difference in recruiting between Texas and Arkansas since they started recruiting players in 2000.

As great as you think Arkansas is.
The brand of Texas has been 2x stronger.

Not to mention that a new coach will have a new arena with brand-new facilities.

Objectively you can say Texas has more to offer.

Musselman hasn't proven yet to replace Shaka Smart.

You are living on hype because he has won some games... Ultimately he hasn't done anything yet

Not going to happen. He is way too unproven for Texas to fire Shaka to replace...

You can rest easy

This argument isn't going anywhere...

As an Arkansas fan you obviously think it is a great job

I showed you the difference in recruiting between Texas and Arkansas since they started recruiting players in 2000.

As great as you think Arkansas is.
The brand of Texas has been 2x stronger.

Not to mention that a new coach will have a new arena with brand-new facilities.

Objectively you can say Texas has more to offer.

Musselman hasn't proven yet to replace Shaka Smart.

You are living on hype because he has won some games... Ultimately he hasn't done anything yet

Not going to happen. He is way too unproven for Texas to fire Shaka to replace...

You can rest easy
No. I didn’t say Arkansas was a great job. I said it’s better than or equal to Texas and there’s no way musselman would go to Texas. That point was made from the fact that most coaches don’t leave major programs anymore. Focus on those last two statements, because I keep repeating them and you keep misunderstanding them.

Also, my only point in responding to you was your post saying you could take any coach. You couldn’t take any, including football.

No. I didn’t say Arkansas was a great job. I said it’s better than or equal to Texas and there’s no way musselman would go to Texas. That point was made from the fact that most coaches don’t leave major programs anymore. Focus on those last two statements, because I keep repeating them and you keep misunderstanding them.

Also, my only point in responding to you was your post saying you could take any coach. You couldn’t take any, including football.

You speak as if all coaches are the same..
You are trying to comfort yourself in thinking it isn't happening.

All of this from a post...
There has to be some level of fear there.

Don't worry it most likely isn't happening.
You can rest easily.

Regarding Barry Odom...

To think Texas wanted him over Pete Kwiatkowski is just downright delusional.

This isn't an attack on Odom. But he isn't in the class of Kwiatkowski.

You speak as if all coaches are the same..
You are trying to comfort yourself in thinking it isn't happening.

All of this from a post...
There has to be some level of fear there.

Don't worry it most likely isn't happening.
You can rest easily.

Regarding Barry Odom...

To think Texas wanted him over Pete Kwiatkowski is just downright delusional.

This isn't an attack on Odom. But he isn't in the class of Kwiatkowski.
I have zero fear, I was replying to your post that was stupid. I’m 100% positive he’s not taking any Texas job.

I have zero fear, I was replying to your post that was stupid. I’m 100% positive he’s not taking any Texas job.

You are showing little dick energy.

You wish you were Texas and tell people that no one will ever get one of your coaches.

Just not true.

I don't know Musselman from Adam so I can't speak on him.

But where Arkansas is at and where you think they are at isn't anywhere close

Even aggy is a bigger name than you. Reason why LSU kicked you to the curb on Thanksgiving

You are showing little dick energy.

You wish you were Texas and tell people that no one will ever get one of your coaches.

Just not true.

I don't know Musselman from Adam so I can't speak on him.

But where Arkansas is at and where you think they are at isn't anywhere close

Even aggy is a bigger name than you. Reason why LSU kicked you to the curb on Thanksgiving
You can keep regurgitating this. You’re not offending me, your whataboutisms just make you look insecure. You know your point was stupid and that’s why you changed it from “we can take all your coaches” to “if the coach wants to leave.”

You’ve made an ass out of yourself and your scrambling for a lifeline. I’m not that guy.

You’re embarrassing yourself.

You refusing to accept the truth.

When this thread was created you could have ignored it.
But you didn't.

So I allowed Arkansas to make a fool of themselves.
Even other fans were telling your fanbase that Arkansas basketball isn't who you think it is.

Nothing personal...Just how things are.
Texas is big Arkansas is little.

You refusing to accept the truth.

When this thread was created you could have ignored it.
But you didn't.

So I allowed Arkansas to make a fool of themselves.
Even other fans were telling your fanbase that Arkansas basketball isn't who you think it is.

Nothing personal...Just how things are.
Texas is big Arkansas is little.
You are the only one that’s made a fool of yourself. You’ve done nothing but stick your chest out and haven’t read a word anyone has written to you. No one is claiming Arkansas is a bigger program than Texas. That’s stupid. You made that strawman.

You said we can take your coach if you want him. That’s stupid. I pointed out that stupidity and you changed it to “if he wanted.” That applies to literally every coach.

You knew you looked stupid, so you reverted to your last few embarrassing chest pumps about Texas athletics.

Reactions: Hawgaluiah
You are the only one that’s made a fool of yourself. You’ve done nothing but stick your chest out and haven’t read a word anyone has written to you. No one is claiming Arkansas is a bigger program than Texas. That’s stupid. You made that strawman.

You said we can take your coach if you want him. That’s stupid. I pointed out that stupidity and you changed it to “if he wanted.” That applies to literally every coach.

You knew you looked stupid, so you reverted to your last few embarrassing chest pumps about Texas athletics.

I know in Arkansas most people cannot read.
Thing is people on this message board can. Pretty much read this entire thread.
Do you want to question what people can read for themselves.

Miss me with all the bullshit. You are better than that.

This thread should have never been responded to in the first place.

No source. Just some rando on a message board creating a rumor.

Someone tells me another school is going to take Shaka.
Why the hell would I respond

Classic Sherriff when backed into a corner.

I didn't post in this thread for 3 1/2 pages.

Seemed like a few of you were pissing down your leg.
Rando rumor.

I think he does make a decent point especially considering there is a better coach without a job.

Beilein is probably a little more experienced coach.
Has had a lot of tournament success.

Piggies respectable. But they aren't to the level of others.
Only good thing about them is they are delusional enough to think they are equal or better than Texas 😂🤣

Nobody in this thread said Arkansas big three is equal to Texas. What was said, and you know this, is Arkansas basketball is at minimum equal to Texas if not ahead. You know that too or you would not be reaching to other sports to prove your point about basketball. You call out Arkansas fans for being insecure but you run to other sports "top fours." If you want to go down the path of comparing all team sports, Arkansas and Texas are pretty close when it comes to total number of team sports national championships. According to this wiki page (info obtained from NCAA.ORG) they were tied at the beginning of last year prior to Covid.

As for rankings/NBA players being the indicator for basketball program prestige, if that is what you want to put forth as proof it is a valid point. I would prefer the history of success on the court though.

You were posting in this thread before I even showed up

I just wanted to pointed out how insecure this made Arkansas look

OP didn't even link a source

A source? I never said he was going there. I posed a question of a possible replacement for Shaka since Shaka has been pretty underwhelming at Texas. Eric Musselman would be who I would think they should go after, but as a Texas guy who do you want?

Nobody in this thread said Arkansas big three is equal to Texas. What was said, and you know this, is Arkansas basketball is at minimum equal to Texas if not ahead. You know that too or you would not be reaching to other sports to prove your point about basketball. You call out Arkansas fans for being insecure but you run to other sports "top fours." If you want to go down the path of comparing all team sports, Arkansas and Texas are pretty close when it comes to total number of team sports national championships. According to this wiki page (info obtained from NCAA.ORG) they were tied at the beginning of last year prior to Covid.

As for rankings/NBA players being the indicator for basketball program prestige, if that is what you want to put forth as proof it is a valid point. I would prefer the history of success on the court though.

The point was that Texas has recruited at a much higher level the last 20 years and put more players in the NBA than Arkansas without the success on the court

Therefore you can draw your conclusions from that.

A source? I never said he was going there. I posed a question of a possible replacement for Shaka since Shaka has been pretty underwhelming at Texas. Eric Musselman would be who I would think they should go after, but as a Texas guy who do you want?

Shaka is doing what any coach should do....

Let Kai Jones takeover.

This started a couple of games ago. Ultimately this is where we thought the team would be. Not going to say we wouldn't want a change in th score of a few of these games.
But at the end of the day these were all one possession games.

One could draw the conclusion that Texas is doing less with more?

You can phase it however you want especially considering coaches don't care about that. They only care about how does a brand help them.

The fact of the matter is for a school who hasn't won anything they have recruited particularly well and put players in the NBA.

This is why Shaka took the job. He could have went to UCLA, Illinois, Minnesota among others.

Even being a football school helps according to some because the spotlight is elsewhere and they can still get top tier talent.

One could draw the conclusion that Texas is doing less with more?
That is the point. Texas has a much higher ceiling than Arkansas. Same reason Urban went to Florida instead of some other schools (Nebraska offered him a year earlier). The talent and resources were there, Ron Zook just wasn't utilizing them. There are more resources and opportunities for top talent at Texas than at Arkansas.

Texas might be doing less with more now, but put in a Chris Beard, Eric Musselman or Brad Underwood and they would be competing with Baylor for the top of the big 12 this year.

Chris Beard is a Good coach but wouldn't be a drastic improvement

I truthfully don't see the hype for Musselman when John Beilein is available.

Turned around two programs that were struggling before he got there in Nevada and Arkansas. Also was a good assistant at LSU. Even in the NBA where he didn't have success, he still almost doubled the win total of Golden State from 21 wins to 38 wins.

There probably won't be a change with Texas winning tonight, but Shaka isn't the longterm solution. He isn't going to have a better team than what he has this year. If he can't make the sweet sixteen this year he never will.

Turned around two programs that were struggling before he got there in Nevada and Arkansas. Also was a good assistant at LSU. Even in the NBA where he didn't have success, he still almost doubled the win total of Golden State from 21 wins to 38 wins.

There probably won't be a change with Texas winning tonight, but Shaka isn't the longterm solution. He isn't going to have a better team than what he has this year. If he can't make the sweet sixteen this year he never will.

You should worry about Nebraska
The season Texas is having would be your Greatest basketball season ever

If Kai Jones returns Texas will be very dangerous next year

Reactions: Hawgaluiah

Already on to next year? I thought this was the year Shaka had been building toward his entire life?

If Shaka can't do anything with the most experienced and arguably most talented team in the country in a down year, he probably won't do anything next year.

Reactions: Mr.Razorback

Texas fan taking down to another program with the same # of national titles is rich.

Yeah Nebraska sucks this year, but this is a general board. If I wanted to only talk about nebraska hoops I'd be on the Nebraska board.

This is a culmination year for Texas. Things aren't going to get better than this season for Shaka. This is the season he has been building for 6 years. You judge culmination years differently than regular years. Expectations are much higher. Time to cut him loose if a Sweet Sixteen birth isn't meant this year.

ADVERTISEMENT